Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tebow to #3 behind Quinn on the Depth Charts?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103982
    Look, my stance has been that he shined in 09 and sucked in 10. Most say it was cause he carried the WR's in 09 so then I retort with why couldn't he do it in 10? If he carried the recievers in 09 he should have been able to do that again in 10.
    He probably would have except that his body was IMHO still not ready to go at the beginning of the season and the pummeling he took as the season went on prevented him from getting any better.

This is pretty well supported by looking at how Jackson did when he came in and took over for Brett. After all he had ( Check with JMCDon) a crap ton of yards and touchdowns in a few select games in 2008 so he clearly should have been able to duplicate those numbers too. Instead he got beat to a pulp and ended up on IR. Webb took a beating too.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104022
    Look, my stance has been that he shined in 09 and sucked in 10. Most say it was cause he carried the WR's in 09 so then I retort with why couldn't he do it in 10? If he carried the recievers in 09 he should have been able to do that again in 10.
    He probably would have except that his body was IMHO still not ready to go at the beginning of the season and the pummeling he took as the season went on prevented him from getting any better.

This is pretty well supported by looking at how Jackson did when he came in and took over for Brett. After all he had ( Check with JMCDon) a crap ton of yards and touchdowns in a few select games in 2008 so he clearly should have been able to duplicate those numbers too. Instead he got beat to a pulp and ended up on IR. Webb took a beating too.
    I'm pretty sure when he took over for Brett when he got knocked the fuck out of the Bills game, Jackson came in & we won it.

He didn't get injured until the following week.

BTW, behind our front line in the past 5 years

Johnson got injured

TJ got injured

Bollinger got injured

Frerotte got injured

Favre got injured

Webb got injured

Starting to see a pattern here? At some point, people need to realize, "Hey! Perhaps it's not simply the QB, perhaps the front line has something to do with it".

Ya think????

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104061

I'm pretty sure when he took over for Brett when he got knocked the fuck out of the Bills game, Jackson came in & we won it.
    Refresh me on how long TJ's consecutive starting streak was once he got on the field again.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1103999
    Need a hug?
    Naw, not normally. Cat just pisses me of thats all.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

All WCO QB's take a beating my friend. All of them. Besides, both TJ and Webb won with this team.

Try again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

[attachment=871]favreanklex-inset-community.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=872]favrehamstringx-inset-community.jpg[/attachment]

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104065

All WCO QB's take a beating my friend. All of them.

Besides, both TJ and Webb won with this team.

Try again.
    One game each? Really? Is that your standard now?

Johnson got injured

TJ got injured

Bollinger got injured

Frerotte got injured

Favre got injured

Webb got injured

Starting to see a pattern here? At some point, people need to realize, "Hey! Perhaps it's not simply the QB, perhaps the front line has something to do with it".

Ya think????
    I see a pattern, its called the WCO. Ever watch other teams that run it? They get knocked down alot.

I like the story Marshall Faulk told about Warner and how Green got hurt and watching Warner stand in there like that.

In the end, the offense doesn't run right if the QB doesn't stand in there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104069

Johnson got injured

TJ got injured

Bollinger got injured

Frerotte got injured

Favre got injured

Webb got injured

Ya think????
    I see a pattern, its called the WCO. Ever watch other teams that run it? They get knocked down alot.

I like the story Marshall Faulk told about Warner and how Green got hurt and watching Warner stand in there like that.

In the end, the offense doesn't run right if the QB doesn't stand in there.
    It seems to me GB runs the WCO as does Indy and NE. Apart from Brady losing time due to his knee injury how many combined games have their QB's missed due to injury in say the past decade? My guess is less than the Vikings had in just last year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104067

Try again.
    TJ played in 2 games last year, injured in the 2nd one. How many did you expect him to win? 3?

BTW, winning 50% of your games is still better that winning 36% [Favre]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104074
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104067

Try again.
    TJ played in 2 games last year, injured in the 2nd one. How many did you expect him to win? 3?

BTW, winning 50% of your games is still better that winning 36% [Favre]
    Why didn't you reply to this one?

Refresh me on how long TJ's consecutive starting streak was once he got on the field again.
    It might put your post in perspective. Not that perspective is ever a part of your debate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast