Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tebow to #3 behind Quinn on the Depth Charts?

Quinn Ready to Move to #2 Past Tebow on the Depth Charts?

There’s been a lot of talk about how poorly Tebow has been looking during camp, and how the pressure of a QB competition may have gotten to him. Now, as you read below from Pro Football Talk, Quinn is taking charge of the #2 QB spot.

After a lackluster performance in the team’s scrimmage over the weekend, Tebow mostly watched Quinn get the majority of reps with the No. 2 offense...

http://www.broncosgab.com/2011/08/09/quinn-ready-to-move-to-2-past-tebow-on-the-depth-charts/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Tebow to #3 behind Quinn on the Depth Charts?

Brady Quinn IMO has never been given a real chance to be a good qb in the NFL. The Browns were too enamored with Anderson at the time.. I personally have always liked him..

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Something about first round QB's needing to play early or something? Yeah, that's right.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Merril Hoge was right..

Tebow was never a pro-style QB, they need to utilize him in different roles

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1103881
    they need to utilize him in different roles
    Fullback?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I wonder who gets blamed for the QB mess in Broncoville?

Was it the coaches who wanted to go with Tebow? My guess is no. My guess is coach Fox wanted to go with Orton.

Was it the FO pukes who wanted to trade Orton and go with Tebow? My guess is yes. Again, no way a HC wants to go with a unproven rook unless the FO pukes make him.

Is it now the FO pukes who are trying to trade Tebow to anyone who will listen (seems like Phins are the only ones)? My guess is yes.

In the end, if the Bronco's go with Orton, they are smart cause Tebow and Quinn haven't "Proven" that they can do anything right now.

Quinn, not sure if he ever will. Tebow, not sure. Like Newton, he will require a different type of offense specifically geared for him. Not sure if coach Fox is ready to do that right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103898

Was it the coaches who wanted to go with Tebow? My guess is no. My guess is coach Fox wanted to go with Orton.

Was it the FO pukes who wanted to trade Orton and go with Tebow? My guess is yes. Again, no way a HC wants to go with a unproven rook unless the FO pukes make him.
    I don't think there really was a "mess".

They were probably entertaining offers for Orton, as he's not their ideal guy, but they didn't get anything they deemed worth it. I see that situation much like the Osi situation. If somebody is willing to overpay with a high pick/combo of picks, great. if not, then he gets back to work. Elway made it clear he's not a Tebow fan, I don't imagine Fox is high on Tebow either. The Panthers have had mostly pocket passers while he was there, I don't see him putting all his eggs in the Gimmick QB basket.

Remember, when Wilf took over, hired CHilly, etc. They said that rebuilding would be a 3 year project. if they traded Orton, they'd have Tebow/Quinn duke it out for #1 on the DC, then look to secure a future QB. I don't think either QB is in their plans moving forward.

Is it now the FO pukes who are trying to trade Tebow to anyone who will listen (seems like Phins are the only ones)? My guess is yes.

In the end, if the Bronco's go with Orton, they are smart cause Tebow and Quinn haven't "Proven" that they can do anything right now.

Quinn, not sure if he ever will. Tebow, not sure. Like Newton, he will require a different type of offense specifically geared for him. Not sure if coach Fox is ready to do that right now.
    I could see that happen, and quite frankly, I would try and get what I can for Tebow. HUGE reach as a #1, but teams might like the skillset and offer a 3rd for him, which I think would be a pretty good deal. Cut your losses and move on. Quinn has the tools and experience to possibly grow into an adequate backup, but I don't see Tebow making it.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103899
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103898

I don't think there really was a "mess".

They were probably entertaining offers for Orton, as he's not their ideal guy, but they didn't get anything they deemed worth it. I see that situation much like the Osi situation. If somebody is willing to overpay with a high pick/combo of picks, great. if not, then he gets back to work. Elway made it clear he's not a Tebow fan, I don't imagine Fox is high on Tebow either. The Panthers have had mostly pocket passers while he was there, I don't see him putting all his eggs in the Gimmick QB basket.

Remember, when Wilf took over, hired CHilly, etc. They said that rebuilding would be a 3 year project. if they traded Orton, they'd have Tebow/Quinn duke it out for #1 on the DC, then look to secure a future QB. I don't think either QB is in their plans moving forward.

I could see that happen, and quite frankly, I would try and get what I can for Tebow. HUGE reach as a #1, but teams might like the skillset and offer a 3rd for him, which I think would be a pretty good deal. Cut your losses and move on. Quinn has the tools and experience to possibly grow into an adequate backup, but I don't see Tebow making it.
    Your guy (Tebow) was told he was the number 1 by he FO pukes. You (FO pukes) try to trade the coaches number 1 guy (Orton) and then when it couldn't be done you have to straighten out/limit feelings so they are hurt, not to mention all the media/press hullabaloo that comes from it.......

OK, I see, it isn't a mess.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Your guy (Tebow) was told he was the number 1 by he FO pukes. You (FO pukes) try to trade the coaches number 1 guy (Orton) and then when it couldn't be done you have to straighten out/limit feelings so they are hurt, not to mention all the media/press hullabaloo that comes from it.......

Where does it say he was told he'd be #1?

If anything, I've heard the opposite. I've heard multiple accounts of Elway not wanting to start Tebow. I've heard accounts of saying Orton will be the starter. I HAVE heard that they will give Tebow the OPPORTUNITY to start, but he has to earn it (Something he has not done).

As usual, you get caught up with what the Media Hacks are spewing, and coming to the conclusion of a mess.

I think it's simply the Broncos entertaining offers for Orton. If they got huge compensation, great, if not, they move on as planned. I don't believe they were actively shopping him to the highest bidder. They had a price in mind. If they didn't get that price, then Orton stays on as their starter.

Is it an ideal situation for a QB to deal with under a new regime? No, but he's gotta get over it and play some damn ball. come Free Agency time, he can tell them to f off and go get his payday, until then he's a bronco, and their starter.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103926

Where does it say he was told he'd be #1?

If anything, I've heard the opposite. I've heard multiple accounts of Elway not wanting to start Tebow. I've heard accounts of saying Orton will be the starter. I HAVE heard that they will give Tebow the OPPORTUNITY to start, but he has to earn it (Something he has not done).

As usual, you get caught up with what the Media Hacks are spewing, and coming to the conclusion of a mess.

I think it's simply the Broncos entertaining offers for Orton. If they got huge compensation, great, if not, they move on as planned. I don't believe they were actively shopping him to the highest bidder. They had a price in mind. If they didn't get that price, then Orton stays on as their starter.

Is it an ideal situation for a QB to deal with under a new regime? No, but he's gotta get over it and play some damn ball. come Free Agency time, he can tell them to f off and go get his payday, until then he's a bronco, and their starter.
    LOL, I got caught up in the media mess ehhhh.

You need to go back and re-watch some of the stuff that Elway was saying at the beginning of FA.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast