Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tebow

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Some have said this already, but Tebow is just a fad like the wildcat, once D's figure out how to scheme for him, he's just another below average QB. The Broncos defense won those games. Tebow didn't hold Rivers to under 200 yards and Tebow didn't make Novak miss the FG. If they had our D, Tebow would've been back on the bench after 2 games and Orton would still be in Denver. He's winning and selling tickets/merchandise so Denver will keep riding the cash cow as long as possible. When jesus finally let's him down ... err I mean D's figure him out, he's toast.

However, he plays our secondary on Sunday, so now would be a good time for him to work on that passing game. I'm sure we'll do a good job of helping him solve some of his passing problems. We're good at helping teams and players solve their glaring problems.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    I love Tim Tebow. Yeah, his flaws are obvious, and yeah, the Broncos are winning games mostly because of their defense, and yeah, other teams are going to figure out his limited repertoire pretty damn soon.

Here's the thing, though - I don't care. I think the whole Tebowmania phenomenon is HILARIOUS. He's just burst onto the scene and continues to baffle absolutely everyone who is knowledgeable about football. Tim Tebow's career so far has been a string of ridiculous successes that do not make any rational sense.

Can you imagine if the Packers went into the Super Bowl undefeated against the Broncos only to get Tebowed on the last play of the game? I would start laughing and literally never stop. It'll never happen, of course, but a man can dream.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 11-30-2011 at 03:00 AM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    I love Tim Tebow. Yeah, his flaws are obvious, and yeah, the Broncos are winning games mostly because of their defense, and yeah, other teams are going to figure out his limited repertoire pretty damn soon.

Here's the thing, though - I don't care. I think the whole Tebowmania phenomenon is HILARIOUS. He's just burst onto the scene and continues to baffle absolutely everyone who is knowledgeable about football. Tim Tebow's career so far has been a string of ridiculous successes that do not make any rational sense.

Can you imagine if the Packers went into the Super Bowl undefeated against the Broncos only to get Tebowed on the last play of the game? I would start laughing and literally never stop. It'll never happen, of course, but a man can dream.
    I would want the Packers to beat Tebow. I hate him more than any packers players or the organization as a whole. The Packers are a crazy good, excellently run organization and that is the sad reality for us Vikings fans. Tebow is so obnoxious and I've already accepted the fact that the packers are on the start of a dynasty. I can't accept tebow as a good quarterback.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I would want the Packers to beat Tebow. I hate him more than any packers players or the organization as a whole. The Packers are a crazy good, excellently run organization and that is the sad reality for us Vikings fans. Tebow is so obnoxious and I've already accepted the fact that the packers are on the start of a dynasty. I can't accept tebow as a good quarterback.
    He still wouldn't be. That's the funny part.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    The verdict is still out on Tebow as far as a quality QB. Obnoxious? How's that? He is as humble as any player I've heard interviewed and it's been said he works harder than most in the entire league. Maybe he's over hyped by others but not himself. His mechanics are terrible and he's the first to admit it, but I have to give the guy credit for working his arse off to get better. Not only that but it's hard to argue with winning games. Yes, most of the wins have been because of their stout D but Tebow did just enough, and more importantly didn't do anything really stupid to lose the games which is a big plus.

He may very well never become a good QB, but I cannot fault him for ignoring the so called experts and finding ways to win and give his fans something to cheer for(misplaced or not)
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Everyone loves to talk about how humble Tebow is, and sure he may be, but he spends plenty of time in his interviews talking about how he's setting up a hospital or whatever in the Philippines. Maybe he should spend a little less time praying and patting his own back and learn how to throw a football, because when teams start to catch on, his fun ride is all over.

The most annoying thing to me about him is how he acts like God plays a role in his victories. God (if you believe in Him) doesn't care about football games, otherwise everyone would win. Everyone's a Christian when their team is playing, and a lot of players are Christians who pray before every game, but they don't always win. I think if God cared about football than Tebow would be playing a little (lot) better.

The main reason I don't want to think that God plays a role in the outcomes of football games is that it would be proof that He hates me.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I would rather have someone kicking footballs to my receicvers.....with their .....
    None

I just want to ask, if it's divine intervention then what's this higher power doing for the first 55 minutes of Tebow's game? If anyone is receiving divine intervention it's Rodgers and the Packers. But I don't believe in such nonsense and prefer to look for real reasons to explain how the Broncos are winning. Their defense keeps them in games until the other team switches to that dreadful "prevent" crap and that's the only defense Teblow can handle. He keeps plays alive long enough for his receivers to find the massive holes in that no pressure pathetic excuse of a defensive strategy, then their kicker comes in and finishes the job. And it doesn't hurt when the other team has the dumbest RB in the league.

Well the Patriots D gave it their best effort to allow tebow back into it, but thankfully their offense never took their foot off the gas. I hope I live long enough to see the day when NFL teams finally wake up about how worthless the "prevent" defense is. But how bout that 30yd sack on tebow? Lol that'll be a classic you're going the wrong way moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123