Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A team-by-team look at QB's

[size=13pt]A team-by-team look at quarterbacks[/size]

By Michael Fabiano
    NFL.com Fantasy Expert

Quarterbacks will be one of the easiest positions for fantasy football owners to fill in drafts, but an in-depth knowledge of all field-general scenarios is needed to make educated decisions. With that in mind, here's our look at the current quarterback situations for all 32 teams and how they'll affect your fantasy football drafts...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: A team-by-team look at QB's

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    The Vikings showed a lot of confidence in Tarvaris Jackson when the team passed on Brady Quinn in the NFL draft and decided not to pursue David Carr, so he's considered the quarterback of the future. While Brooks Bollinger is also in the mix, Jackson is considered the favorite to start. However, his lack of experience and the questions about his wide receivers will make Jackson close to undraftable in most formats.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I keep repeating this...
    All the people who see TJ say he's got a strong arm and great learning habits. That he moves well and is a good runner. So what more do you want in a QB? The problems with our QB corps is not so much that they are under-experienced, but that they were caught by passes rushes last year that the right side of the offensive line couldn't stop. Almost every play they were forced into dump-off passes or eating the ball. It wasn't that they were bad QB's, they just never had a chance to show it. And our receivers couldn't run crisp, clean patterns well enough to allow the QB's to throw to a spot even if they did have time (and most of the time they didn't).
    So I don't see our TJ or BB as the problem. I think with some good blocking to give them time to look downfield and receivers running the right, crisp routes the QB can get the ball to them often enough to be effective. I don't know why everyone is blaming the QB when that's not the REAL problem.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I keep repeating this...
    All the people who see TJ say he's got a strong arm and great learning habits. That he moves well and is a good runner. So what more do you want in a QB? The problems with our QB corps is not so much that they are under-experienced, but that they were caught by passes rushes last year that the right side of the offensive line couldn't stop. Almost every play they were forced into dump-off passes or eating the ball. It wasn't that they were bad QB's, they just never had a chance to show it. And our receivers couldn't run crisp, clean patterns well enough to allow the QB's to throw to a spot even if they did have time (and most of the time they didn't).
    So I don't see our TJ or BB as the problem. I think with some good blocking to give them time to look downfield and receivers running the right, crisp routes the QB can get the ball to them often enough to be effective. I don't know why everyone is blaming the QB when that's not the REAL problem.
    Which is why I kept wondering why they didn't adress the right side of the O-Line during FA. Sure they brought in a few players, but who heard of them?

Only a handful of people here were concerned about our right side.

63 Daniels, Brian G 6-4 303 Colorado Denver, CO

64 Herrera, Anthony G 6-2 315 Tennessee Naples, FL

79 Hicks, Artis G 6-4 335 Memphis Jackson, TN

76 Hutchinson, Steve G 6-5 313 Michigan Fort Lauderdale, FL

73 Martin, Jimmy G 6-5 306 Virginia Tech Chantilly, VA

61 Day, Josh T 6-4 304 Colorado State Aurora, CO

75 Johnson, Chase T 6-8 330 Wyoming Loveland, CO

72 Johnson, Marcus T 6-6 321 Mississippi Coffeeville, MS

That is our talent pool & depth at G & T.

5 guards & only 3 Tackles. But Cook will be figured in there somewhere.

Break that down into LG, RG, LT & RT & see where we stand.

I think they got great hopes for Scott. But he's a converted center, tall, and not real stable on his feet because he's not built low to the ground. I would have liked to have seen us go after a good offensive lineman in the draft instead of so many WR that won't make the team. Or the QB Thigpen.
    I think Childress was listening to the fans and the press more than his heart.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

This article belongs in the fantasty football section.
    Some have a tough enough time differentiating between video games and reality, we don't need fantasy football thrown into real life too.
    There is enough confusion in the land of pp.o.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    This article belongs in the fantasty football section.
    Some have a tough enough time differentiating between video games and reality, we don't need fantasy football thrown into real life too.
    There is enough confusion in the land of pp.o.
    Now I'm confused. Why do you say this thread should be moved? I see how the writer was talking about "fantasy football" in the original article but I don't think that the replies have had anything to do with playing fantasy football. I think it's a clear discussion about our QB situation. Maybe I'm missing something.
    ???
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I keep repeating this...
    Which is why I kept wondering why they didn't adress the right side of the O-Line during FA. Sure they brought in a few players, but who heard of them?

Only a handful of people here were concerned about our right side.

63 Daniels, Brian G 6-4 303 Colorado Denver, CO

64 Herrera, Anthony G 6-2 315 Tennessee Naples, FL

79 Hicks, Artis G 6-4 335 Memphis Jackson, TN

76 Hutchinson, Steve G 6-5 313 Michigan Fort Lauderdale, FL

73 Martin, Jimmy G 6-5 306 Virginia Tech Chantilly, VA

61 Day, Josh T 6-4 304 Colorado State Aurora, CO

75 Johnson, Chase T 6-8 330 Wyoming Loveland, CO

72 Johnson, Marcus T 6-6 321 Mississippi Coffeeville, MS

That is our talent pool & depth at G & T.

5 guards & only 3 Tackles. But Cook will be figured in there somewhere.

Break that down into LG, RG, LT & RT & see where we stand.

You two sum up my thoughts exactly. Last year the downfall of the offense was the line and it will be either the cause of our resurrection or the source of the teams decline this year.

Under Denny Green and Tice we had great play from the o-line for the most part (Except those stupid penalties and Todd Steussie)and that allowed them to go through quarterbacks like I used to go through vodka and still be successful. That is my biggest problem with the coaching staff last year. They had 16 games to show improvement and at the end they looked no better and maybe worse than they did at the start of the season.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I keep repeating this...
    I couldn't agree more. The O-line holds the key to the success of the quarterback and receivers.If they can pass block, the Vikings will find a pretty good offense.
    T-Jack will make his share of mistakes as every inexperienced qb does. But if given time to pass he should complete enough to allow our run game to be one of the leagues best.
    Childress needs to do his part to help TJ out.Throw a bomb once in awhile to stretch the defense. Also if a lineman is having a problem one week, leave Richardson in to double team. I didn't see that adjustment made as much as I thought I should last year.
    Childress also needs to recognize when a lineman isn't doing his job and do something about it. The only jelling you get by hoping things will improve is KY!
    This team has some positives that don't get mentioned much anymore.
    Any team that has a running game,time of posession control, and run stopping ability doesn't have to add a whole lot to be pretty good.
    Pass blocking line,Pass rushing defense,better special teams play,less injuries,and less presnap penalties and this team could be pretty good.
    Let's hope this years surprises are mostly positive.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

scumpuke is offline Rookie

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Childress needs to do his part to help TJ out.Throw a bomb once in awhile to stretch the defense.
    yeah, i thought some of the play calling was pretty bad last year.
    Partyin' Purple Style!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast