Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841

    Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    TEAM-BY-TEAM CAP NUMBERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2009, 12:25 p.m. EST

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/11/team-by-team-cap-numbers/#more-11223

    Vikings:
    $105 million of $124 spent...but still some incentive etc adjustments to make.
    Not a lot of room.
    Did we ever have less than 30 mill available under McDicks?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  2. #2
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    And the Deadskins take the cake.

    Obviously pre-retired Favre.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    go us!

  4. #4
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,915

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    TEAM-BY-TEAM CAP NUMBERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2009, 12:25 p.m. EST

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/11/team-by-team-cap-numbers/#more-11223

    Vikings:
    $105 million of $124 spent...but still some incentive etc adjustments to make.
    Not a lot of room.
    Did we ever have less than 30 mill available under McDicks?
    No but we also didn't have a Defense of any depth.
    I will take having 18 million in cap room every year. If only we can sign a QB.

  5. #5
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    TEAM-BY-TEAM CAP NUMBERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2009, 12:25 p.m. EST

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/11/team-by-team-cap-numbers/#more-11223

    Vikings:
    $105 million of $124 spent...but still some incentive etc adjustments to make.
    Not a lot of room.
    Did we ever have less than 30 mill available under McDicks?
    No but we also didn't have a Defense of any depth.
    I will take having 18 million in cap room every year. If only we can sign a QB.
    We ll definetly do it,I just hope chilly
    reads PPO and sign Garcia and not Testaverde or something...but you never know is the chiller....
    El underdog.

  6. #6
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,448

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    Steelers win the Superbowl with a mid level cap level.

    Cardinals get to the Superbowl on the cheap.

    What the heck are the Raiders paying so much for?
    That's why I'd never want he first pick in the NFL draft.

  7. #7
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "Minniman" wrote:
    Steelers win the Superbowl with a mid level cap level.

    Cardinals get to the Superbowl on the cheap.

    What the heck are the Raiders paying so much for?
    That's why I'd never want he first pick in the NFL draft.
    does a guy named peyton manning come to mind?
    Eli Manning? JaMarcus Russel, Mario Wiliams, carson palmer, Vick (before his arrest), Orlando Pace...

    i see your point but you can also get quite a player...

  8. #8
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,448

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    What the heck are the Raiders paying so much for?
    That's why I'd never want he first pick in the NFL draft.
    does a guy named peyton manning come to mind?
    Eli Manning? JaMarcus Russel, Mario Wiliams, carson palmer, Vick (before his arrest), Orlando Pace...

    i see your point but you can also get quite a player...
    Peyton Manning, sure.
    Eli manning is overrated.
    Vick is overrated.
    JaMarcus Russel may be a big time bust.

    Were any of these players worth two, three, or four times the cash that someone drafted later in the first round would be making?
    The risk is too great for such an unknown quantity.

  9. #9
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "Minniman" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    What the heck are the Raiders paying so much for?
    That's why I'd never want he first pick in the NFL draft.
    does a guy named peyton manning come to mind?
    Eli Manning? JaMarcus Russel, Mario Wiliams, carson palmer, Vick (before his arrest), Orlando Pace...

    i see your point but you can also get quite a player...
    Peyton Manning, sure.
    Eli manning is overrated.
    Vick is overrated.
    JaMarcus Russel may be a big time bust.

    Were any of these players worth two, three, or four times the cash that someone drafted later in the first round would be making?
    The risk is too great for such an unknown quantity.
    I agree with you.. whole heartedly.. but to say these guys aren't good players or that taking them with the #1 pick is a mistake or whatever is not necessarily correct...

  10. #10
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Team by Team Cap #s 2009

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:
    What the heck are the Raiders paying so much for?
    That's why I'd never want he first pick in the NFL draft.
    does a guy named peyton manning come to mind?
    Eli Manning? JaMarcus Russel, Mario Wiliams, carson palmer, Vick (before his arrest), Orlando Pace...

    i see your point but you can also get quite a player...
    Peyton Manning, sure.
    Eli manning is overrated.
    Vick is overrated.
    JaMarcus Russel may be a big time bust.

    Were any of these players worth two, three, or four times the cash that someone drafted later in the first round would be making?
    The risk is too great for such an unknown quantity.
    I agree with you.. whole heartedly.. but to say these guys aren't good players or that taking them with the #1 pick is a mistake or whatever is not necessarily correct...
    if they would be picking the right player each time they wouldnt be making these mistakes and they wouldnt have to have the 1st pick every year.
    They just suck at drafting, they get all caught up in the hype.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 NFL All-Food Team
    By gregair13 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
  2. 2009 Team Needs (Pre FA/Pre Draft)
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
  3. Redeem Team proves worthy of Dream Team comparison.
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
  4. Ranking the running backs, team by team
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 08:13 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •