Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Team QB rankings: Detroit's fifth

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'm utterly amazed at some of those rankings.
    Same here

How is Carson Palmer and Eli Manning 9 and 10 spots respectively behind us?

I didnt know we have the 6th best QB's

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Also, did you guys and gals read the rb link at the top

Thats even more amazing.

I guess Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson are better then Shaun Alexander?

Who knew?

Thank you Josdin for the sig

howkings is offline Rookie

These are fantasy rankings which are a little different than quarterback rankings. Most of the rankings still seem odd to me.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I think something is VERY wrong with that article.

The only thing I agree with is Peyton Manning as he should be, as he always is, #1.

To have Brad Johnson at #6 is ridiculous, and to have Jake Delhomme (he with the one-man-wrecking-crew Steve Smith and now also Keyshawn Johnson at WR) at #25 is an absolute joke. I've yet to check out the RB article, but I seriously believe whoever wrote these pieces needs to get an MRI on his cerebral cortex.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    I think something is VERY wrong with that article.

The only thing I agree with is Peyton Manning as he should be, as he always is, #1.

To have Brad Johnson at #6 is ridiculous, and to have Jake Delhomme (he with the one-man-wrecking-crew Steve Smith and now also Keyshawn Johnson at WR) at #25 is an absolute joke. I've yet to check out the RB article, but I seriously believe whoever wrote these pieces needs to get an MRI on his cerebral cortex.
    Brad ranked 11th in 2005 with a QB rating of 88.9. 92.3 took the 6th spot (Brady).

Perhaps he's projecting with the addition of Hutch, a better disciplined Marcus Johnson & a solid core of receivers, Brads number will go up enough to get him into 6th place.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    Brad ranked 11th in 2005 with a QB rating of 88.9. 92.3 took the 6th spot (Brady).

Perhaps he's projecting with the addition of Hutch, a better disciplined Marcus Johnson & a solid core of receivers, Brads number will go up enough to get him into 6th place.
    While that may be a possibility, and I hope it pans out that way, I just re-read the article and my opinion differs wildly from Michael Harmon's, especially when you consider Harmon's criteria: "Rather than focusing entirely on starters, I'm ranking quarterbacks by team."

I just don't understand how the drop in talent from Jake Delhomme to Weinke makes the Panthers perceived lack of depth at QB make them #25, while the drop in ability from Johnson to Mike McMahon and J.T O'Sullivan helps the Vikings maintain the #6 spot.

I think Harmon is seeing something in the Vikings quarterbacks that no-one else can see.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

While that may be a possibility, and I hope it pans out that way, I just re-read the article and my opinion differs wildly from Michael Harmon's, especially when you consider Harmon's criteria: "Rather than focusing entirely on starters, I'm ranking quarterbacks by team."

I just don't understand how the drop in talent from Jake Delhomme to Weinke makes the Panthers perceived lack of depth at QB make them #25, while the drop in ability from Johnson to Mike McMahon and J.T O'Sullivan helps the Vikings maintain the #6 spot.

I think Harmon is seeing something in the Vikings quarterbacks that no-one else can see.
    Either he plans on Brad staying healthy all year or T-Jack getting the nod and having a hell of a rookie year like Roethlisberger. or he's been drinking the purple kool-aid.

McMahon (44% pass completion) & O'Sullivan (0 passes) are both below Ryan Leafs (48.4%) for crying out loud.

I have no Idea what possesed Childress to bring McMahon in here. It's probably for the simple fact that he already knows Childress' offense & nothing more.

If he's the QB guru that he gets credited for (McNabb), you would think McMahon would also be better than what he is .

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

this whole list seems garbage. sure they got manning and brady right, but they have no legitimate backups. and how the hell do we rank 6th????? our backup is mcmahon, that's depth???? if you want depth, look at miami, at least they have a 3 to 4 year starter as their backup. Jacksonville at 3????? who wrote this, a 2 year old???? theres so many holes i don't have enough time to write about all. NO WAY WE ARE 6TH, MAYBE 6TH FROM THE BOTTOM!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12