Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Team with most playoff appearances.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_NFL_team_has_the_most_playoff_appearances

The team that has made the most playoff appearances (1933 when playoffs started through 2009) is the New York Giants & Dallas Cowboys with 30, followed by St. Louis & Minnesota with 26, Green Bay & Pittsburgh with 25, Chicago & Cleveland with 24, Indianapolis with 23, Washington, Philadelphia, San Francisco, & Miami with 22, Oakland with 21, Tennessee with 18, Denver with 17, New England with 16, Detroit, Buffalo & Kansas City with 14, New York Jets with 13, San Diego with 12, and Seattle & Tampa Bay with 10, Atlanta and Cincinnati with 9, Arizona with 8, New Orleans with 7, Jacksonville & Baltimore with 6, and Carolina with 4. The Houston Texans are the only team currently in the NFL that have NEVER made a playoff appearance.

The team that has made the most playoff appearances since the AFL-NFL merger in 1966 (through 2009 playoffs) is Dallas with 30, Minnesota 26, Pittsburgh 24, Miami 22, Oakland, San Francisco & St. Louis Rams 21, Indianapolis Colts 19, Philadelphia & Tennessee 18, Denver 17, Green Bay, New England & Washington 16, Buffalo, Cleveland, Kansas City & New York Giants 14, Chicago & New York Jets 13, San Diego 12, Seattle & Tampa Bay 10, Atlanta, Cincinnati & Detroit 9, New Orleans 7, Arizona, Baltimore & Jacksonville 6, Carolina 4, Houston Texans are the only team currently in the NFL that have NEVER made a playoff appearance.
    Personally, I don't put as much credence on the supposed championships before the merger of the AFL and NFL, therefore, I prefer looking at the statistics since the merger, and when the Super Bowl began. Since that time ony the pies have made more playoff appearances than the Vikings. The Vikings have 10 more appearances than the Pukers.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Team with most playoff appearances.

I always turn to this fact.

I was having an argument with someone who said the Tampa Bay Bucs franchise is better than the Vikings because of one Super Bowl. And while I would love to have that Super Bowl ... I highly disagree.

There is something to be said for a franchise that has a chance almost every season. It is of course a shame to see the 6 teams immediately around us in appearances tallying 21 championships (the two immediately around us with 11), but I still like that more often than not we are in the mix.
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

26 times in the playoffs. You can call those successful seasons as you cannot win it all without making it to the dance, but really, its 26 failures.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    26 times in the playoffs. You can call those successful seasons as you cannot win it all without making it to the dance, but really, its 26 failures.
    I often wonder if it's more painful to be a fan for a perennially competitive team, for the most part, that never gets the job done or for a perennially losing team like the Saints that has only won five playoff games, ever, and has a Lombardi. Either way it's painful, but, I think I prefer watching a team that has a chance every year, but, it will be nice when they finally get a few Lombardis under the belt.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    I often wonder if it's more painful to be a fan for a perennially competitive team, for the most part, that never gets the job done or for a perennially losing team like the Saints that has only won five playoff games, ever, and has a Lombardi. Either way it's painful, but, I think I prefer watching a team that has a chance every year, but, it will be nice when they finally get a few Lombardis under the belt.
    Can't be any worse than rooting for the Texans.

The Houston Texans are the only team currently in the NFL that have NEVER made a playoff appearance.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

gregair13 wrote:
    Last how many Coaches have left Minny and won the SB?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm...........

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    I always turn to this fact.

I was having an argument with someone who said the Tampa Bay Bucs franchise is better than the Vikings because of one Super Bowl. And while I would love to have that Super Bowl ... I highly disagree.

There is something to be said for a franchise that has a chance almost every season. It is of course a shame to see the 6 teams immediately around us in appearances tallying 21 championships (the two immediately around us with 11), but I still like that more often than not we are in the mix.
    It's beyond Shameful, it's down right embarrassing.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!