Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Taylor to speak to Chargers' Merriman

KFFL
    Dolphins | Taylor to speak to Chargers' Merriman
    Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:35:36 -0800

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins DE Jason Taylor, who publicly criticized NFL players who tested positive for performance enhancing substances such as San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman earlier this year, said he will speak to Merriman directly as both players are AFC teammates for the 2007 Pro Bowl. We'll talk," Taylor said. "Shawne and I are on the same team, and I don't think it's going to be a problem for any of us. It's not a big deal. I never said it was anything special about Shawne. I just felt like it's something that it's time for the league to address."

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Taylor to speak to Chargers' Merriman

I'm glad Taylor beat him out for DPOTY.Merriman has become a cocky SOB pretty quick.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Merriman is what is right with the NFL today...not the steroids part. I mean the demeanor of the player. We have to many people out there playing for a paycheck and not enough players playing with pride and hatred for the opponents they play. I think that Merriman is a brass defensive player (and as much as I hate him) reminds me of Urlacher and the cockiness that surrounds how good he is. I think after Farve retires we should start hating Urlacher. Good player, but just an a-hole. Sorry to go off on a side rant but how can a guy honestly believe that going into halftime 20 points down to the Cardinals know that "Yeah we were going to win." That is utter BS, it drove me crazier than Denny Green that day. Anyway, Merriman good, Urlacher good, cockiness on defense good, Steroids bad.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Anybody can be good when they get 15 pounds a muscle a week. Plus, that hate for opponents, that fire inside him, how much of that is just roid rage?
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

jmmcgorman is offline Rookie

I would assume tha the majority of it is roid rage.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ballhog27" wrote:
    Merriman is what is right with the NFL today...not the steroids part. I mean the demeanor of the player. We have to many people out there playing for a paycheck and not enough players playing with pride and hatred for the opponents they play. I think that Merriman is a brass defensive player (and as much as I hate him) reminds me of Urlacher and the cockiness that surrounds how good he is. I think after Farve retires we should start hating Urlacher. Good player, but just an a-hole. Sorry to go off on a side rant but how can a guy honestly believe that going into halftime 20 points down to the Cardinals know that "Yeah we were going to win." That is utter BS, it drove me crazier than Denny Green that day. Anyway, Merriman good, Urlacher good, cockiness on defense good, Steroids bad.
    lol this is true..but its not like hes the only one who says that..everytime a team comes back, some idiot steps up and says "i knew we would win all along!"..i just take it as a total joke
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.