Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Taylor calls treatment from Vikes "Shameful"

Just another confirmation of the massive and profound mismanagement perpetrated by Childress.

Thank God he's gone.

Ding dong, the wicked little dimwit is dead.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081206
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1081197
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1077386
    Formo wrote:
    Funny how awesome he's doing in Chi-town, no?

I think so.
    REALLY?!

Bears 8 games
    173 yards rushing, 3.2 ypc
    92 yards receiving, 8.4 ypc
    No fumbles
    1 TDs

Vikings last year
    338 yards rushing, 3.6 ypc
    389 yards receiving, 8.8 ypc
    2 fumbles
    2 TDs

That is not even factoring in the abilty to block which Taylor is excellent at.
    Since Taylor's best year in 2007, when he averaged 5.4 yards per carry, his average numbers have steadily declined every single season (4.0 in 2008, 3.6 in 2009 and 2.6 in 2010). Now, before you go telling me all about Adrian Peterson, remember: I'm only talking about average yards per attempt here, not total yards.

When you look at the numbers, one can't help but wonder if Chester Taylor's career is coming to an end here in Chicago? I know that's a bold statement but through four straight seasons he's been sliding downhill. Taylor has been billed as a veteran running back with low miles. Having been mostly a career backup, the Bears likely thought he wouldn't be as worn down as his tenure might suggest.
    LINK

The blog from the quote compares Taylor's production against Forte's and makes the arguement the Chester has been a disappointment, which for the money he's getting this year could be true. (IMHO would be nice to still have him on the roster with AD being nicked now) But if Chester feels he was miss used as a Viking I wonder how he is feeling about the way the Bears are using him. His frustrations may have shown up in the recent fight in practice.
    Excellent find my friend.

On a side note. I'm still not buying that the reason we are loosing this year is cause we miss CT. It isn't like he made that big of an impact last year.

If we want to attribute our losses to a player not being on the field this year I think it makes more sense to look at El Syd instead of CT.

If memory serves, Toby did a fine role last weekend as a fill in and he has done some nice stuff prior to that in the 3rd down role.

Not as good at pass protection as CT, but the difference isn't big enough to warrant the kindof money he was looking to get or to blame losses on his absence.
    Yes Toby is starting to do more and is doing better and the other factor (aside from the money) on his side is his youth giving him more of a future with the team as the years go on.

I don't think the lose of one player is the sole factor in the slip this season, numerous injuries have hampered the team on so many levels but the teams ability to bring in FA's this year with with that rule for the final 4-8 teams in the standings last year sure didn't help either. Losing 2 FA's and only being able to bring in 2 FA's (with the money of the value of lost the salaries) sure didn't help, added with the Favre not committing to a return sure didn't make the Vikings look like an overly actractive landing spot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1081216
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081206
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1081197
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1077386
    Formo wrote:
    Funny how awesome he's doing in Chi-town, no?

I think so.
    REALLY?!

Bears 8 games
    173 yards rushing, 3.2 ypc
    92 yards receiving, 8.4 ypc
    No fumbles
    1 TDs

Vikings last year
    338 yards rushing, 3.6 ypc
    389 yards receiving, 8.8 ypc
    2 fumbles
    2 TDs

That is not even factoring in the abilty to block which Taylor is excellent at.
    Since Taylor's best year in 2007, when he averaged 5.4 yards per carry, his average numbers have steadily declined every single season (4.0 in 2008, 3.6 in 2009 and 2.6 in 2010). Now, before you go telling me all about Adrian Peterson, remember: I'm only talking about average yards per attempt here, not total yards.

When you look at the numbers, one can't help but wonder if Chester Taylor's career is coming to an end here in Chicago? I know that's a bold statement but through four straight seasons he's been sliding downhill. Taylor has been billed as a veteran running back with low miles. Having been mostly a career backup, the Bears likely thought he wouldn't be as worn down as his tenure might suggest.
    LINK

The blog from the quote compares Taylor's production against Forte's and makes the arguement the Chester has been a disappointment, which for the money he's getting this year could be true. (IMHO would be nice to still have him on the roster with AD being nicked now) But if Chester feels he was miss used as a Viking I wonder how he is feeling about the way the Bears are using him. His frustrations may have shown up in the recent fight in practice.
    Excellent find my friend.

On a side note. I'm still not buying that the reason we are loosing this year is cause we miss CT. It isn't like he made that big of an impact last year.

If we want to attribute our losses to a player not being on the field this year I think it makes more sense to look at El Syd instead of CT.

If memory serves, Toby did a fine role last weekend as a fill in and he has done some nice stuff prior to that in the 3rd down role.

Not as good at pass protection as CT, but the difference isn't big enough to warrant the kindof money he was looking to get or to blame losses on his absence.
    Yes Toby is starting to do more and is doing better and the other factor (aside from the money) on his side is his youth giving him more of a future with the team as the years go on.

I don't think the lose of one player is the sole factor in the slip this season, numerous injuries have hampered the team on so many levels but the teams ability to bring in FA's this year with with that rule for the final 4-8 teams in the standings last year sure didn't help either. Losing 2 FA's and only being able to bring in 2 FA's (with the money of the value of lost the salaries) sure didn't help, added with the Favre not committing to a return sure didn't make the Vikings look like an overly actractive landing spot.
    As always, a quality post my friend.

I think our issues with FA's was driven by the limitations we had on how/who we could bring them in based on were we finished the season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081210
    Just another confirmation of the massive and profound mismanagement perpetrated by Childress.
    So - the Vikings should have paid $12.5 million ($7 mill guaranteed) over 4 years for a backup RB?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081283
    So - the Vikings should have paid $12.5 million ($7 mill guaranteed) over 4 years for a backup RB?

=Z=
    Common sense jumps up and rears it ugly head once again!

I think we will see a few more of these 'mature' players leaving next year to be replaced by younger cheaper players.

NFLs version of natural selection.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dfosterf is offline Coach

These last few are perfectly fine arguments.

Your team was so tough to beat with Chester. This we all knew and felt (Puker fans)

I don't know if he was worth the off-season number, but don't get confused about his worth to your team, that S.O.B. had the ability to constantly make you pay as a defense (in your scheme).

You can take a step back from the stats and look at team chemistry and wonder what could have been, in a theoretical sense.

...But I'm good with how you rolled, :cheer:

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

=Z=
    A happy player will stay where he is for a smaller amount of money than he can get to move elsewhere. But Childress treated players like dirt. Thus you could usually count on the good ones departing.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081317
    A happy player will stay where he is for a smaller amount of money than he can get to move elsewhere. But Childress treated players like dirt. Thus you could usually count on the good ones departing.
    EJ, McKinnie, Winfield and KWill. All players who signed extensions with the Vikings while Childress was coach.

Hutchinson, Madieu Williams, Leber, Berrian, Shiancoe and Favre. All free agents who came here while Childress was coach.

The only three significant departures - Chester, Sharper and Birk.

Kinda gives lie to your BS theory, doesn't it?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I told you all we would definitely miss C-Tay & it would cost us games, long before the season began.

The money the Bears paid him seems high in hind-sight, but the Vikings probably could have had him for less than that if they had re-signed him before he reached FA.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081335
    I told you all we would definitely miss C-Tay & it would cost us games, long before the season began.

The money the Bears paid him deems high in hind-sight, but the Vikings probably could have had him for less than that if they had re-signed him before he reached FA.
    +1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast