Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Taylor calls treatment from Vikes "Shameful"

The "experts" here should read again what Favre said about Chester.

Favre's comments describe a big money back.....one who is easily worth the money Chicago is paying.

Of course, I realize that some of you who have never played the game are far more astute than Favre.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

delviking is offline Starter

i liked taylor as a viking, now i could really care less since hes a Bear, im a team guy.

But to the point 7 million for back-up even one as good as taylor would have been foolish. Gerhart has been showing to be a good pick now that hes over his injuries, and yes hes not shown anything real special while running the ball but as anyone knows getting 2 runs a game isnt gonna show case any running ability but he has shown decent ability to catch outta the backfield, and decent blocking ability.

taylor has produced about as well as he did a couple of years ago for us, when we paid him 3 million.

this year taylor is better than gerhart but given Gerhart missed most of the Offseason with school and the injury he could easily be better than taylor next season, plus hes younger. which gives us a youthful backfield.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    Funny how awesome he's doing in Chi-town, no?

I think so.
    REALLY?!

Bears 8 games
    173 yards rushing, 3.2 ypc
    92 yards receiving, 8.4 ypc
    No fumbles
    1 TDs

Vikings last year
    338 yards rushing, 3.6 ypc
    389 yards receiving, 8.8 ypc
    2 fumbles
    2 TDs

That is not even factoring in the abilty to block which Taylor is excellent at.
    As others have said (and I said as well if you read my whole post) he isn't worth that money. If he was going to start, hell yes. But as a backup to AP? GTFO if you want that kind of money.

Also, the Bearce are paying him starter money to do what he did last year for the Vikes. Bearce got screwed on that deal, considering his production.

Again, I say this, I don't miss him. His presence would just stymie AP's ability to show us he can block (which he has improved on).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Favre's was simply stating that Taylor should have been used as more than a backup and could have added a lot to the offense if only called upon.

The bosses lack Favre's smarts.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Bears running back Chester Taylor doesn’t seem to feel at home with a new team until he gets in a fight.
    LINK

Biggs indicates “something had been brewing” between the two guys for a while.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1077443
    Favre's was simply stating that Taylor should have been used as more than a backup and could have added a lot to the offense if only called upon.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that the Noodle is right when it comes to we should have used CT more?

Hmmmm, let me look at this a second (thats all its gonna take)......

CT comes on the field, AD comes off.......Hmmmmm, CT comes on the field, AD comes off.......

Wow, the Noodle is correct, we should have taken AD off more than we did and used CT more.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081185

So let me get this straight. You are saying that the Noodle is right when it comes to we should have used CT more?

CT comes on the field, AD comes off.......Hmmmmm, CT comes on the field, AD comes off.......

Wow, the Noodle is correct, we should have taken AD off more than we did and used CT more.
    Looks to me like he's talking about both backs on the field at the same time.

Favre said. " I thought his ability to play a wideout position, run screens from the halfback position."

Bottom line, It's Favre being critical of the offensive game planning and play calling.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1077386
    Formo wrote:

I think so.
    REALLY?!

Bears 8 games
    No fumbles
    1 TDs

Vikings last year
    2 fumbles
    2 TDs

Since Taylor's best year in 2007, when he averaged 5.4 yards per carry, his average numbers have steadily declined every single season (4.0 in 2008, 3.6 in 2009 and 2.6 in 2010). Now, before you go telling me all about Adrian Peterson, remember: I'm only talking about average yards per attempt here, not total yards.

When you look at the numbers, one can't help but wonder if Chester Taylor's career is coming to an end here in Chicago? I know that's a bold statement but through four straight seasons he's been sliding downhill. Taylor has been billed as a veteran running back with low miles. Having been mostly a career backup, the Bears likely thought he wouldn't be as worn down as his tenure might suggest.
    LINK

The blog from the quote compares Taylor's production against Forte's and makes the arguement the Chester has been a disappointment, which for the money he's getting this year could be true. (IMHO would be nice to still have him on the roster with AD being nicked now) But if Chester feels he was miss used as a Viking I wonder how he is feeling about the way the Bears are using him. His frustrations may have shown up in the recent fight in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081195
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081185

Looks to me like he's talking about both backs on the field at the same time.

Favre said. " I thought his ability to play a wideout position, run screens from the halfback position."

Bottom line, It's Favre being critical of the offensive game planning and play calling.
    OK, I'm tracking.....

If CT goes on, PH comes off. If CT goes on, El Syd comes off. If CT goes on, Shanc gcome off.

I got it. We should have taken other playmakers off and put a 2 RB set out there more times than we did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1081197
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1077386
    Formo wrote:

I think so.
    REALLY?!

Bears 8 games
    No fumbles
    1 TDs

Vikings last year
    2 fumbles
    2 TDs

Since Taylor's best year in 2007, when he averaged 5.4 yards per carry, his average numbers have steadily declined every single season (4.0 in 2008, 3.6 in 2009 and 2.6 in 2010). Now, before you go telling me all about Adrian Peterson, remember: I'm only talking about average yards per attempt here, not total yards.

When you look at the numbers, one can't help but wonder if Chester Taylor's career is coming to an end here in Chicago? I know that's a bold statement but through four straight seasons he's been sliding downhill. Taylor has been billed as a veteran running back with low miles. Having been mostly a career backup, the Bears likely thought he wouldn't be as worn down as his tenure might suggest.
    LINK

The blog from the quote compares Taylor's production against Forte's and makes the arguement the Chester has been a disappointment, which for the money he's getting this year could be true. (IMHO would be nice to still have him on the roster with AD being nicked now) But if Chester feels he was miss used as a Viking I wonder how he is feeling about the way the Bears are using him. His frustrations may have shown up in the recent fight in practice.
    Excellent find my friend.

On a side note. I'm still not buying that the reason we are loosing this year is cause we miss CT. It isn't like he made that big of an impact last year.

If we want to attribute our losses to a player not being on the field this year I think it makes more sense to look at El Syd instead of CT.

If memory serves, Toby did a fine role last weekend as a fill in and he has done some nice stuff prior to that in the 3rd down role.

Not as good at pass protection as CT, but the difference isn't big enough to warrant the kindof money he was looking to get or to blame losses on his absence.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast