Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I look at the Seattle/Flynn quandary much the same way as I look at the Arizona/Kolb fiasco. Neither seems to be the type of QB the team needs to run their offense.

One thing to think on though, with the moves of signing TO and Braylon, is that a sign that the Seahawks might be tweaking their vertical offense to a more traditional "dink/dunk" attack that Flynn's arm seems to be better suited for?

Sure must have been an eye opener when he started throwing it deep in OTA's and everything was picked off because it was a floater.
    Seattle is already going for the #1 overall pick next season....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Seattle is already going for the #1 overall pick next season....
    I'm not sure about that. What I need to see is will they change their offense to fit Flynn or will they continue to try to run the vertical variant of the WCO with him in there.

If they can swallow their pride and admit they goofed when they signed him and let TJ back on the field, I think they can make the playoffs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I look forward to Marrdro responses as sort of a vacation from reality when it comes to this subject
    LOL, you crack me up my friend......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    OMG...just back from a 2 and a half week vacation to SD and Leech Lake, Walker, MN, and PP.O. is STILL talking about TJoke? People, please move on.
    Look around the site. I leave for 5 or 6 days and come back and I can catch up on all the threads in about 30 minutes. Sure isn't much activity.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Edwards and TO are both vertical threats, or were. Both are 6'3". Also they brought in Kellen Winslow who is also a vertical threat. Not to mention Sidney Rice is still their. That's a lot of guys that can go deep and fight for a Flynn floater.
    Edwards and TO might be battling for one roster spot with the other getting cut before the season.
    Kindof disagree with you especially on TO. He has always worked the middle and never really ran any 7, 8 or 9 routes.

Sydney is about the same kindof guy. Great working the 5 through 7 routes and can run a 8 or 9 but I wouldn't consider him a "Field Stretcher" by any means.

In the end, all three are more of a intermediate/possession guys that can get you nice YAC but it doesn't make them field stretchers.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    T-Jack seems to be getting the short end of the stick.. Carroll has praise him all trought Training Camp, but no reps tonight..

I don't know what to make of this, but i don't think its a good thing and starting jobs arent hanging from the trees on the NFL.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    T-Jack seems to be getting the short end of the stick.. Carroll has praise him all trought Training Camp, but no reps tonight..

I don't know what to make of this, but i don't think its a good thing and starting jobs arent hanging from the trees on the NFL.
    Did you watch Flynn.....Dink/Dunk and an interception off of it. The youngster is the one TJ has to look out for. Well that and the amount of money they paid limp arm Flynn.

In the end, the defense did what the defense does and the running game held up their end.

As I said, the bigger question is, will the Seahawks change their scheme to max Flynns arm (based on the money) or will they go with TJ or the kid? For a football fan, this is going to be a very interesting thing to watch.

He keeps chucking up INT's on 5 yard passes and I think I know the answer.

Defense dims Seahawks' QB concerns | Seattle Seahawks - The News Tribune

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Tarvaris is trade bait, but it won’t be easy

Seahawks are talking to a couple of teams about trading Jackson, and that a deal could happen. But the Seahawks prefer to wait for one or more teams to suffer a quarterback injury during the preseason, which would help them get a better deal in return.

Even during shark week Tarvaris can't get a bite....I mean break.....as bait

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Did you watch Flynn.....Dink/Dunk and an interception off of it. The youngster is the one TJ has to look out for. Well that and the amount of money they paid limp arm Flynn.

In the end, the defense did what the defense does and the running game held up their end.

As I said, the bigger question is, will the Seahawks change their scheme to max Flynns arm (based on the money) or will they go with TJ or the kid? For a football fan, this is going to be a very interesting thing to watch.

He keeps chucking up INT's on 5 yard passes and I think I know the answer.

Defense dims Seahawks' QB concerns | Seattle Seahawks - The News Tribune
    Guaranteed money means Flynn stays. No matter who outplays who.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Jackson is ready to take a pay-cut to help the Seahawks move him

Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com said Jackson’s willing to restructure his contract to take less than the $4 million he’s scheduled to make, if that’s what gets him on his way

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast