Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Tarvaris Jackson leads Seahawks' first team at scrimmage | Seahawks | The Seattle Times

"He's working with the first unit," Carroll said. "I can't make it any more obvious than that."

Jackson was 4 of 14 for 22 yards 0 tds 0 ints......mid season form already

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Jackson was 4 of 14 for 22 yards 0 tds 0 ints......mid season form already
    I don't think you can make it any more obvious than that

Pressure of being named to first team reps in training camp was probably a little too much for him.

well I guess the coaches think Tarvaris is in mid season form too

Carroll said that the Seahawks’ coaching staff doesn’t need to see last year’s starter, Tarvaris Jackson, because they already know what he can do.
    Matt Flynn to start Seahawks’ preseason opener

Seattle coach Pete Carroll announced today that Flynn will be the starter when the Seahawks open the preseason on Saturday against the Titans.

Jackson demoted to third unit

Pete Carroll told reporters today after practice that he plans on making a shift in the quarterback competition, with Matt Flynn starting against Tennessee and playing the entire first half, while Russell Wilson will start and play the entire second half.]

fact that he already has a good grasp of the offense and the coaching staff had a chance to evaluate him all of last year means that the team can cut down on Jackson’s reps
    uhm didn't the Seahawks org say something about the Vikings jerked Jackson around.....IMHO this is starting to look similar to Chester Taylor saying the Vikings didn't use him correctly and ending up being used the same way in Chicago.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I look at the Seattle/Flynn quandary much the same way as I look at the Arizona/Kolb fiasco. Neither seems to be the type of QB the team needs to run their offense.

One thing to think on though, with the moves of signing TO and Braylon, is that a sign that the Seahawks might be tweaking their vertical offense to a more traditional "dink/dunk" attack that Flynn's arm seems to be better suited for?

Sure must have been an eye opener when he started throwing it deep in OTA's and everything was picked off because it was a floater.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    One thing to think on though, with the moves of signing TO and Braylon, is that a sign that the Seahawks might be tweaking their vertical offense to a more traditional "dink/dunk" attack that Flynn's arm seems to be better suited for?
    TO and Braylon are replacing Mike Williams and Antonio Bryant in the battle of washed up receivers.....unless your saying that was their vertical package for air Tjack

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    TO and Braylon are replacing Mike Williams and Antonio Bryant in the battle of washed up receivers.....unless your saying that was their vertical package for air Tjack
    LOL, no, not what I was saying.

A few weeks ago I posted an article (on here I think) that listed QB by percentage on who went deep. TJ was right up there on that list. Not surprising since the Seahawks run a "Air Coryell" vertical version.

With the likes of Edwards and TO, I don't think they will help the team (QB) stay atop a list like that. Again, assumption on my part, because Flynn's arm is so weak, they are bringing in a few candidates who are more along the lines of short to intermediate possession guys vice someone who can stretch it a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, no, not what I was saying.

A few weeks ago I posted an article (on here I think) that listed QB by percentage on who went deep. TJ was right up there on that list. Not surprising since the Seahawks run a "Air Coryell" vertical version.

With the likes of Edwards and TO, I don't think they will help the team (QB) stay atop a list like that. Again, assumption on my part, because Flynn's arm is so weak, they are bringing in a few candidates who are more along the lines of short to intermediate possession guys vice someone who can stretch it a bit.
    Edwards and TO are both vertical threats, or were. Both are 6'3". Also they brought in Kellen Winslow who is also a vertical threat. Not to mention Sidney Rice is still their. That's a lot of guys that can go deep and fight for a Flynn floater.
    Edwards and TO might be battling for one roster spot with the other getting cut before the season.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    OMG...just back from a 2 and a half week vacation to SD and Leech Lake, Walker, MN, and PP.O. is STILL talking about TJoke? People, please move on.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    OMG...just back from a 2 and a half week vacation to SD and Leech Lake, Walker, MN, and PP.O. is STILL talking about TJoke? People, please move on.
    I look forward to Marrdro responses as sort of a vacation from reality when it comes to this subject

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast