Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh007 View Post
    I had also read that he was on the trading block. I'll bet some team will be interested in him and I'll bet Seattle would be happy to get a fourth-rounder for him. They may wait until the season starts and someone gets injured and a team gets desperate. It's funny the way the league is now TJ is somewhat of a decent commodity at QB just because of the lack of talent out there.
    the only team that would be desperate to get him is the team wanting the overall #1 pick for next year. That fact he would be decent because of the lack of talent just shows his real worth in the scheme of things. Not so much as backup to a starter, more like the backup to the backup of the starter.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Russel Wilson will be the starting QB by the end of the season and is the best QB on the Seahawks roster.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh007 View Post
    I had also read that he was on the trading block. I'll bet some team will be interested in him and I'll bet Seattle would be happy to get a fourth-rounder for him. They may wait until the season starts and someone gets injured and a team gets desperate. It's funny the way the league is now TJ is somewhat of a decent commodity at QB just because of the lack of talent out there.
    Seattle should be THRILLED if they could get a fourth rounder for him. Don't even ask questions... just do it.

I can just picture the conversation now.

Other team's GM: Hey, i was just calling to see if you were interested in perhaps letting TJ play somewhere else considering it looks liek you have a pretty full house at QB..

Seattle GM: I dunno..... We have him penciled in as a starter, it would take some serious compensation for us to consider.

"Other team: We'd be willing to offer you our fourth rounder next year

Seattle: Done! He's on a plane right now, already packed.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Seattle should be THRILLED if they could get a fourth rounder for him. Don't even ask questions... just do it.

I can just picture the conversation now.

Other team's GM: Hey, i was just calling to see if you were interested in perhaps letting TJ play somewhere else considering it looks liek you have a pretty full house at QB..

Seattle GM: I dunno..... We have him penciled in as a starter, it would take some serious compensation for us to consider.

"Other team: We'd be willing to offer you our fourth rounder next year

Seattle: Done! He's on a plane right now, already packed.
    The Vikings acquired Sage Rosenfels from the Texans for a 4th rounder... and he never cracked 3rd on the depth chart... and he's half the QB Jackson is.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The Vikings acquired Sage Rosenfels from the Texans for a 4th rounder... and he never cracked 3rd on the depth chart... and he's half the QB Jackson is.
    Bad decision. Bad decision. Anybody still surprised about a 3-13 team?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Bad decision. Bad decision. Anybody still surprised about a 3-13 team?
    Great decision... he was never allowed to compete though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Great decision... he was never allowed to compete though.
    Story of his entire career, eh? He must be a real jerk or something.

Couldn't be his lack of talent. Right...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    At the time of the trade I thought it was a good decision, mostly because the price was reduced from a third round the previous year. In retrospect I admit that he wasn't worth the 4th rounder, but I don't play the hindsight game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    At the time of the trade I thought it was a good decision, mostly because the price was reduced from a third round the previous year. In retrospect I admit that he wasn't worth the 4th rounder, but I don't play the hindsight game.
    It was simply a product of front office dysfunction. Rick briught in a guy that Childress wouldn't play.
    It remains to be seen whether or not Spielman has the ability to find the mid to late round talent that is so crucial to developing the core of a team, but I'm much more optomistic with the new front office structure.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Tarvaris Jackson leads Seahawks' first team at scrimmage | Seahawks | The Seattle Times

"He's working with the first unit," Carroll said. "I can't make it any more obvious than that."

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast