Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Thigpen wasn't in their class. He was a year later. But don't let that get in your way.

Like how to learn that Thigpen wasn't drafted in the same class as Jackson?
    LOL, you got me. I was thinking Clemens. Remember, I wanted Cutler and Clemens that year and was absolutely pissed we wound up with Jackson.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    No, it wasn't you but since you picked up the torch I would like to remind TJ that since you are standing behind him, to make sure you don't have both hands on his shoulders.........

WOW- He was so impressive winning against the Giants and Ravens that he locked up the QB spot and allowed the Seahawks to spend their FA dollars and draft picks on other positions. ( Aw crap, they spent 10 Million on a Packers QB and drafted a Sconnie QB and both of them beat him out. )

But wait- If Seattle only thought he was worthy of a 3rd string spot and that his salary was to high for a 3rd round QB, then what choice did they have but try to trade him and get rid of his salary?

In other words they stuck a fork in him.

BTW, I was around last year plenty if you were looking to call me out. Then again if that is honestly all you have to use to call me out you might want to turn the volume down low so there is no chance of me hearing the call and answering it.
    He was a sacrificial lamb ......and I never call people out unless we are in the same parking lot. Internet tuff guys make me sick.

Just wanted to make sure you (and the rest of PPO) that I hadn't left and was still behind TJ. From some of the posts/comments it appeared a few thought I wasn't around anymore and were getting a bit "Internet Cocky".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You mean the coaches that are keeping him in the league by signing him to contract, making him a starter or trading for him and making him their backup.

Hmmmm, doesn't that kindof differ from your stance when we opted to let him go in that you said he would never make it onto a roster or let a lone be a starter in the NFL.
    Tarvaris Jackson still not ready to be Bills backup

"He’s still not ready to go,” said Gailey, via Chris Brown of the team’s website. “He’s still got a lot to learn. That was a tough situation he was in and he’s still learning the whole system. He is.”
    Looks like he could be inactive for a week or more

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He was a sacrificial lamb ......and I never call people out unless we are in the same parking lot. Internet tuff guys make me sick.

Just wanted to make sure you (and the rest of PPO) that I hadn't left and was still behind TJ. From some of the posts/comments it appeared a few thought I wasn't around anymore and were getting a bit "Internet Cocky".

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    You mean the coaches that are keeping him in the league by signing him to contract, making him a starter or trading for him and making him their backup.

Hmmmm, doesn't that kindof differ from your stance when we opted to let him go in that you said he would never make it onto a roster or let a lone be a starter in the NFL.
    And he's starting where?

Thought so....

Caine

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And he's starting where?

Thought so....

Caine
    To be fair, he also said "and making him their backup". But to be fair, he isn't the backup yet as the Bills offense is too much for him so far. Because he sucks.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Tarvaris Jackson reportedly still getting scout-team reps

Jackson joined the Bills three days before their final preseason game. He threw one pass in the game — it was intercepted — and that remains his only appearance in a Buffalo uniform.
    “It’s a lot different. I had never been traded before. Ever since my rookie year I’ve been in an offense I know, pretty much the same offense,” Jackson said. “Coming over here so late, never really got a chance to go through the teaching period and camp, or any of the offseason stuff.”
    The third-stringer is relegated to “scout team” duty, running the plays of Buffalo’s upcoming opponent.
    Buffalo's defense ranks 31st in the league in yards given up per game....do they need a new qb for the scout team

Still not sure why you'd trade for a guy and pay him fairly well but just leave him withering on the vine unless it was cause he just turned out to be not as advertise; or the org is screwed up and you end up playing a home game out of country every year and you home is Buffalo. It could be a bit of both.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314