Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137
  1. #111
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm not standing up for Jackson here, but I do find it funny how some people are anticipating a huge year from Ponder and giving him every chance to succeed... oddly enough, it's mostly the same people who came out after Jackson's first year as a starter (2007) and said he would never amount to anything in the NFL... despite playing better than Ponder has thus far. (Jackson had more yards, better passer rating, less interceptions, better completion %...)

    Say what you will, but I fully believe the hatred towards Jackson on these boards is a bit suspect and doesn't have much to do with football. Interpret that how you will.
    What gave you the inkling there is hatred towards Jackson? Was it the 20+ threads started this year bashing he's in his 2nd year of being gone?

    You gotta remember, stats don't mean anything, unless they can be used against Jackson, Jackson didn't win the job over VY, he was merely brought in to replace VY, but Matt did win over TJ, despite the fact Flynn he was brought in to replace him.

    1 month into the 2007 season when Jackson was named the starter was more than enough time, enough starts & patience to put up with him, despite having a 8-4 record, yet we have to be more patient & give 16 more starts & time to Ponder or any other QB we might have drafted, who had 2-1/2 months/10 games already with 1 win to show for it. What I find funnier than the fact that they feel the need for several times more starts than another QB, is that some are denying they ever said it.

    We also have to remember that in Jackson's 8 wins in 2007, AD carried him, even though in 2 of those wins, AD never played, in a 3rd win, AD rushed 14 times for a total of 3 yards with no TD. In a 4th win, AD had 1TD in a game we won with 24 points. AD did however lead us into victory on 2 occasions that year in 2 games where he scored at least 3 TD's including the 296 yd rushing game. This is a prime example of where now stats do matter.

    Bottom line, as was mentioned many times when Frerotte & Favre were QBing, all that matters is wins & losses.

    But wins don't matter if TJ is behind center, unless AD scores a boat load of TD's, then they do.

    Oh and as far as losses are concerned, they do matter if TJ is behind center, but apparently don't really matter if Ponder or another one of our QB's is behind center, as long as they "failed forward".
    Last edited by singersp; 09-07-2012 at 06:52 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #112
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What gave you the inkling there is hatred towards Jackson? Was it the 20+ threads started this year bashing he's in his 2nd year of being gone?

    You gotta remember, stats don't mean anything, unless they can be used against Jackson, Jackson didn't win the job over VY, he was merely brought in to replace VY, but Matt did win over TJ, despite the fact Flynn he was brought in to replace him.

    1 month into the 2007 season when Jackson was named the starter was more than enough time, enough starts & patience to put up with him, despite having a 8-4 record, yet we have to be more patient & give 16 more starts & time to Ponder or any other QB we might have drafted, who had 2-1/2 months/10 games already with 1 win to show for it. What I find funnier than the fact that they feel the need for several times more starts than another QB, is that some are denying they ever said it.

    We also have to remember that in Jackson's 8 wins in 2007, AD carried him, even though in 2 of those wins, AD never played, in a 3rd win, AD rushed 14 times for a total of 3 yards with no TD. In a 4th win, AD had 1TD in a game we won with 24 points. AD did however lead us into victory on 2 occasions that year in 2 games where he scored at least 3 TD's including the 296 yd rushing game. This is a prime example of where now stats do matter.

    Bottom line, as was mentioned many times when Frerotte & Favre were QBing, all that matters is wins & losses.

    But wins don't matter if TJ is behind center, unless AD scores a boat load of TD's, then they do.

    Oh and as far as losses are concerned, they do matter if TJ is behind center, but apparently don't really matter if Ponder or another one of our QB's is behind center, as long as they "failed forward".
    Funny how the anti-Jackson crowd forgets all of this, then points the finger at us and says we're "out of line."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #113
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Funny how the anti-Jackson crowd forgets all of this, then points the finger at us and says we're "out of line."
    I think most were like me wanting him to succeed and hoping he was a good QB. The proof is in the pudding though, he was not a starting caliber QB and you guys should see that by the way the seachickens handled him also. Any draft pick by the Vikes is someone I am rooting for but at some point when potential becomes just a word it is time to let that player go. TIME TO MOVE ON, HE IS NOT A STARTING CALIBER QB IN THE NFL.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  4. #114
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    How has Ponder shown more potential again? By throwing more INTs in less games? Or maybe by going 2-8 as a starter?

    I'm very interested in your answer, not even sarcastically. I hear a lot of vague references that Ponder can "lead" and has "shown more potential"... but none of the facts support those claims.
    That's because you're basing all of your responses on stats. The stats don't show what we SEE.

    Look back at Jackson's stats...now look at what happened during the games. In almost every case where Jackson has a win or a mildly impressive game, the Defense or the running game lead the way. And almost never does Jackson ever take over a game and win it without one or both of the other elements being present.

    In short, Jackson rode the Running game and the Defense.

    Now, look at Ponder. His performances aren't cushioned by great running games or stellar defensive performances. They're just HIM.

    And, while I agree that Ponder isn't likely to turn into Rodgers, I happen to feel that Ponder's style of play is more aggressive than Jackson's. He LEADS where Jackson managed.

    Caine

  5. #115
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Funny how the anti-Jackson crowd forgets all of this, then points the finger at us and says we're "out of line."
    What's "Funny" is how virtually every HC in the League appears to agree with us.

    Just sayin'...

    Caine

  6. #116
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Why are we still talking about TJack? For the love of God, can't we talk about someone who wore purple a little more recently?


    Like Favre or McNabb or something?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #117
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm not standing up for Jackson here, but I do find it funny how some people are anticipating a huge year from Ponder and giving him every chance to succeed... oddly enough, it's mostly the same people who came out after Jackson's first year as a starter (2007) and said he would never amount to anything in the NFL... despite playing better than Ponder has thus far. (Jackson had more yards, better passer rating, less interceptions, better completion %...)

    Say what you will, but I fully believe the hatred towards Jackson on these boards is a bit suspect and doesn't have much to do with football. Interpret that how you will.
    What gave you the inkling there is hatred towards Jackson? Was it the 20+ threads started this year bashing he's in his 2nd year of being gone?

    You gotta remember, stats don't mean anything, unless they can be used against Jackson, Jackson didn't win the job over VY, he was merely brought in to replace VY, but Matt did win over TJ, despite the fact Flynn he was brought in to replace him.

    1 month into the 2007 season when Jackson was named the starter was more than enough time, enough starts & patience to put up with him, despite having a 8-4 record, yet we have to be more patient & give 16 more starts & time to Ponder or any other QB we might have drafted, who had 2-1/2 months/10 games already with 1 win to show for it. What I find funnier than the fact that they feel the need for several times more starts than another QB, is that some are denying they ever said it.

    We also have to remember that in Jackson's 8 wins in 2007, AD carried him, even though in 2 of those wins, AD never played, in a 3rd win, AD rushed 14 times for a total of 3 yards with no TD. In a 4th win, AD had 1TD in a game we won with 24 points. AD did however lead us into victory on 2 occasions that year in 2 games where he scored at least 3 TD's including the 296 yd rushing game. This is a prime example of where now stats do matter.

    Bottom line, as was mentioned many times when Frerotte & Favre were QBing, all that matters is wins & losses.

    But wins don't matter if TJ is behind center, unless AD scores a boat load of TD's, then they do.

    Oh and as far as losses are concerned, they do matter if TJ is behind center, but apparently don't really matter if Ponder or another one of our QB's is behind center, as long as they "failed forward".
    Are you comparing Favre and TJOKE?! Hilarious!

  8. #118
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Why are we still talking about TJack? For the love of God, can't we talk about someone who wore purple a little more recently?


    Like Favre or McNabb or something?
    ya know..the guy's is a wanna be..better yet, a HAS BEEN!

  9. #119
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Why are we still talking about TJack? For the love of God, can't we talk about someone who wore purple a little more recently?
    I saw Prince walking down the street the other day. Quiet dude, sorta dainty.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #120
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I saw Prince walking down the street the other day. Quiet dude, sorta dainty.
    Mean basketball player though....or so I'm told


Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •