Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137
  1. #101
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135
    [QUOTE=12purplepride28;1128008]
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He belongs beating out Vince Young (the #3 pick overall,whom many here pined for) for a backup QB job while Vince is now unemployed?
    /QUOTE]

    Just because VY was the #3 pick doesn't give any credence to TJ beating him out. It wasn't a competition anyways, VY was just awful so they brought in someone else who for all they know could be just as awful. If TJ beat out Jamarcus would you say "Look at that, he beat out the #1 pick!". So people were wrong about Young, doesn't change the fact that supporters of TJ were and still are wrong.
    Oh stop trying to be logical about this. You know that Jackson's fan have NEVER used logic or reason in ANY of their arguments in the past...why would they start now?



    Caine

  2. #102
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,408
    [QUOTE=Caine;1128011]
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post

    Oh stop trying to be logical about this. You know that Jackson's fan have NEVER used logic or reason in ANY of their arguments in the past...why would they start now?



    Caine
    I'm not standing up for Jackson here, but I do find it funny how some people are anticipating a huge year from Ponder and giving him every chance to succeed... oddly enough, it's mostly the same people who came out after Jackson's first year as a starter (2007) and said he would never amount to anything in the NFL... despite playing better than Ponder has thus far. (Jackson had more yards, better passer rating, less interceptions, better completion %...)

    Say what you will, but I fully believe the hatred towards Jackson on these boards is a bit suspect and doesn't have much to do with football. Interpret that how you will.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #103
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819
    [QUOTE=C Mac D;1128012]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

    I'm not standing up for Jackson here, but I do find it funny how some people are anticipating a huge year from Ponder and giving him every chance to succeed... oddly enough, it's mostly the same people who came out after Jackson's first year as a starter (2007) and said he would never amount to anything in the NFL... despite playing better than Ponder has thus far. (Jackson had more yards, better passer rating, less interceptions, better completion %...)

    Say what you will, but I fully believe the hatred towards Jackson on these boards is a bit suspect and doesn't have much to do with football. Interpret that how you will.
    What if all those people that you find funny are right?

    The part that you don't seem to get is that many people form their opinions on players by what they see on the field. Not by some misplaced stats...or charts Keep the stats for the fantasy leagues, where they really serve a purpose.

    Ponder looks much more natural leading the team than TJ ever did. He may never develop into the guy we need, but at this point I see more potential than I did in TJ. That doesn't make me a hypocrite, just an opinion that I have based on watching them play.

    As to your last insinuation...I think your way off base, but then you know that. Just another way to try and deflect your errant support of TJ.

    And lastly, who is saying Ponder is going to have a huge year and who is giving him every chance to succeed? I am expecting a very pedestrian year, largely because he plays for the Vikings. I am hoping for a lot of improvement over last year. If I don't see it, I will more than likely turn on him, like most impatient fans.

  4. #104
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

    What if all those people that you find funny are right?

    The part that you don't seem to get is that many people form their opinions on players by what they see on the field. Not by some misplaced stats...or charts Keep the stats for the fantasy leagues, where they really serve a purpose.

    Ponder looks much more natural leading the team than TJ ever did. He may never develop into the guy we need, but at this point I see more potential than I did in TJ. That doesn't make me a hypocrite, just an opinion that I have based on watching them play.

    As to your last insinuation...I think your way off base, but then you know that. Just another way to try and deflect your errant support of TJ.

    And lastly, who is saying Ponder is going to have a huge year and who is giving him every chance to succeed? I am expecting a very pedestrian year, largely because he plays for the Vikings. I am hoping for a lot of improvement over last year. If I don't see it, I will more than likely turn on him, like most impatient fans.
    Whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant to the point. I just find it funny how they have such little patience for one QB (who performed better) and such a great amount of patience for the other.

    And Ponder will be a career backup too. Believe me or don't. I don't care.

    That's all. Just pointing it out.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #105
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    [QUOTE=tastywaves;1128015]
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

    I'm not standing up for Jackson here, but I do find it funny how some people are anticipating a huge year from Ponder and giving him every chance to succeed... oddly enough, it's mostly the same people who came out after Jackson's first year as a starter (2007) and said he would never amount to anything in the NFL... despite playing better than Ponder has thus far. (Jackson had more yards, better passer rating, less interceptions, better completion %...)

    Say what you will, but I fully believe the hatred towards Jackson on these boards is a bit suspect and doesn't have much to do with football. Interpret that how you will.
    What if all those people that you find funny are right?

    And lastly, who is saying Ponder is going to have a huge year and who is giving him every chance to succeed?
    I was wondering this myself.

  6. #106
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant to the point. I just find it funny how they have such little patience for one QB (who performed better) and such a great amount of patience for the other.

    And Ponder will be a career backup too. Believe me or don't. I don't care.

    That's all. Just pointing it out.
    You might want to reread that reply, you just put yourself into your self appointed funny category.

  7. #107
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    You might want to reread that reply, you just put yourself into your self appointed funny category.
    lmao.

    But on that same topic I seem to recall many people being very supportive of TJack after his first year. Hell, a lot of us were arguing into his 3rd year that he hadn't been given a good enough chance to prove himself. Ring any bells? Most fans aren't ready to jump ship on Ponder just yet, just like most fans weren't ready to bail on Jackson after his first year.

  8. #108
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135
    Despite the misquote above that attributes C Mac's statement to me......

    I think the most significant difference is HOW they play the game. Jackson rode the Defense and Peterson. If they failed, so did Jackson.

    Ponder leads. Granted, he hasn't been very successful thus far, but he's failed going forward - a direction Jackson never took.

    I'm NOT saying Ponder will amaze us all and light up the league, but I AM saying that ponder has shown more potential to truly develop into a decent QB than Jackson did at the same stage.

    Caine

  9. #109
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    You might want to reread that reply, you just put yourself into your self appointed funny category.
    lmao.

    But on that same topic I seem to recall many people being very supportive of TJack after his first year. Hell, a lot of us were arguing into his 3rd year that he hadn't been given a good enough chance to prove himself. Ring any bells? Most fans aren't ready to jump ship on Ponder just yet, just like most fans weren't ready to bail on Jackson after his first year.
    It's true, whether or not you guys understand what I'm trying to say.

    Jackson out-performed Ponder when you compare both of their first years as starters. People insulted and vehemently disliked Jackson, immediately coming up with the name "T-Joke" and saying he'd never amount to anything.

    Ponder played piss poor as well, but is not receiving anywhere near as harsh criticisms... or nicknames.

    Ponder will never turn into an Aaron Rodgers, so I'm not concerned with anyone "being right" about their evaluations. I just find it odd how adamant some people were about their hatred over Jackson... yet have total willingness to give Ponder more time to develop.

    Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant. These are honest observations from people on this site. If they make you mad, it's because you know I'm right.

    Jackson's record was 8-4 in 2007.

    Ponder's record last year was 2-8.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-06-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #110
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'm NOT saying Ponder will amaze us all and light up the league, but I AM saying that ponder has shown more potential to truly develop into a decent QB than Jackson did at the same stage.

    Caine
    How has Ponder shown more potential again? By throwing more INTs in less games? Or maybe by going 2-8 as a starter?

    I'm very interested in your answer, not even sarcastically. I hear a lot of vague references that Ponder can "lead" and has "shown more potential"... but none of the facts support those claims.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •