Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If you thought Whitehurst looked good, you must have really liked Jackson.

Or do you think completing 58% of your passes is better than completing 68%?
    I love Jackson..now that hes playing for somebody else!!!

I also think that if they ever do a remake of the movie Unbreakable, Jackson can replace Samuel L. as the "glass" man!

stats dont tell everything, it was Whitehursts presence on the field that I liked more..he seemed much more comfortable coming in off the bench. How long has Jackson been in the league? and he still has the "deer in the headlight" look!

I wish I could watch the Vikes games..I have been watching the redzone channel, so I can watch the highlight of all the games.
    Last edited by 2beersTommy; 10-10-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    tjack bashing threads

he hasnt started for the vikes in 3 years

his last year starting THEY WON THE NFC NORTH, and beat the dog piss out of the eventual nfc champs.

They actually played philly tough

favre went 4 and 9 last year

wat well mcflabb mcchunk do, start worrying about now not the past

Tjack is an athletic mid tier qb exactly what he is
    Jackson is NOT a "Mid-Tier" QB...he is AT BEST a serviceable back-up.

Whether or not McNabb or Favre sucked is beside the point. Jackson sucked while a Viking.

And, FYI, his "last year starting", it was Gus Frerotte who got us to the top of the Division. Jackson got benched (for sucking) and only got brought back because of Frerotte's injury.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    whitehurst is looking good..dont be surprised if T-Joke doesnt retain the starters role!
    Whitehurst looked OK at bests. Most of his yards (and his TD) came off of a play that the defense didn't even try on.

TJ was looking good again this week. Team was trading TD's with the Giants (AT HOME) and would have beat them with TJ in there just like they did with Charlie coming off the bench.

Most articles out there say about the same thing. If he is healthy after their bye he will be the starter, not Charlie.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Defense won this one for them - Eli insisted he was an "Elite" QB...then threw 3 INTs. Yup, you're real elite, She-lie.

Jackson is out - yet another injury for him. Seems to be a recurring theme with Jackson. But with Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Dallas coming up, this is a BAD time for him to be hurt. This will give Whitehurst a shot at making an impression - something Jackson has struggled to do - and could spell the end of the Jackson era.

Mmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeeer.......

Caine
    One thing you and I always agree'd on was his injury issues. To bad for your checkbook, it looks like TJ will be OK and will get the knod after the bye.

Mmmmmmmmm.......beer.......

LOL, I couldn't watch all of the game, but when I flashed over on commercials he was looking good. He and Baldwin are sure clicking. Of course, like I said earlier in the season, as that OL starts getting it, the whole offense will look better.

Running game took a big step yesterday. Isn't cause the RB got better, its cause the OL, especially that right side, are really starting to get it.

On a side note, TJ did fine without Williams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Whitehurst looked OK at bests. Most of his yards (and his TD) came off of a play that the defense didn't even try on.

TJ was looking good again this week. Team was trading TD's with the Giants (AT HOME) and would have beat them with TJ in there just like they did with Charlie coming off the bench.

Most articles out there say about the same thing. If he is healthy after their bye he will be the starter, not Charlie.
    do you believe everything you read?

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    do you believe everything you read?
    LOL, well played.

Actually alot of the fans are starting to come around to ole TJ and it was before the 300 yard game he had last week.

Several actually are pointing out what I mentioned to last week........He is like having a coach on the field spending most of his time getting everyone lined up and most are giving him credit for making Baldwin into a viable asset.

One thing I wanted to watch this week was how well the passing game would go without Williams. I thought it would slide a bit. Truth of the matter is, it didn't.

That team went into a very hostile environment and came away with a win. OL looked better than it has (LT went down again though), defense is continuing to shine and TJ made alot of nice plays when he needed to by either keeping drives alive with his legs or his arm.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Interestingly I find our old friend Tad07 is now posting on the seachickens forum...

[url=http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36994

[/URL]
    LOL, is it me or in his avatar does Jackson look like hes holding his right shoulder?? how ironic!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Tad07 has to be someone in Jackson's family... right? Who would switch allegiances for Tarvaris Jackson?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Tad07 has to be someone in Jackson's family... right? Who would switch allegiances for Tarvaris Jackson?
    some call it "perpetual wood"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast