Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Unless you have Sunday Ticket and a DVR.

But alas I guess you are right. You are once again the winner of the debate by a knockout and Jackson is still the undefeated champion of the QB world.

Again why would a Vikings fan who detested Jackson tape the Seahawks game, unless his motive was to wait for a chance to see Jackson do something wrong & then start yet another bashing thread.

Alas, you're the one that's right! Whitehurst's 11/19 (58%) 169 yard performance with no interceptions is out-fucking-standing. Is he getting your pro-bowl vote?

Perhaps you should put him on your fantasy team & you would then actually have another reason for taping Seahawks games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And I only mentioned it with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Look, Jackson was a former Viking player, and - pro or con - was the hotbed of conversation for almost 5 years. People are going to follow him out of morbid curiosity.

I kept an eye on Williamson after we jettisoned him. I wanted to see if he was as bad as I'd thought he was, or if it was caused by playing here. And he stunk.

People will watch Jackson with a passing interest and will post when he falters because it validates the position our team took on him.

BTW, last week wasn't a stunning performance either...from what I understand, it was almost the type of performance that a 6 year Vet SHOULD be turning in.

Bottom line, don't be so quick to rush to Jackson's defense. It's a fight you'll never win. But I'll still let you throw empties at Marrdro with me while he dances a jig when he pays off on the beer bet.

Caine

I'm not trying to win anything, but when fans who hated Jackson start threads & pat Whitehurst on the back for having an outing similar to the ones they hated Jackson for, I'm going to respond. And they certainly weren't patting Jackson on the back when he threw no INT games.

It's the double standard again.

If Whitehurst came in and actually played a really good 2nd half in relief & played head & shoulders better than Jackson did, then they would have something to rant about.

He completed only 58% of his passes & didn't turn the ball over. Nothing to write home about.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why would they be taping the Seahawks game on PVR or DVR, unless their only agenda.....
    tape??? You must be thinking of you Sony Beta VCR get with the 21st century man, we use satellites, microprocessors, 1080 dpi, TB's to burn our images to further our agendas across the matrix......oops said too much...Ctrl Z....Alt F4
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 10-09-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: bad speeling ;)

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm not trying to win anything, but when fans who hated Jackson start threads & pat Whitehurst on the back for having an outing similar to the ones they hated Jackson for, I'm going to respond. And they certainly weren't patting Jackson on the back when he threw no INT games.

It's the double standard again.

If Whitehurst came in and actually played a really good 2nd half in relief & played head & shoulders better than Jackson did, then they would have something to rant about.

He completed only 58% of his passes & didn't turn the ball over. Nothing to write home about.
    OK, but - as was pointed out - he also did so WITHOUT having the benefit of practicing with the first team. And he did it after sitting on the bench for 4 1/2 games. In short, he came in COLD and put up SIMILAR numbers to what Jackson has done.

AGAIN, Jackson had every advantage, but a back-up came in COLD and played to the SAME level (An argueably higher level if you factor in the INT).

So, again, you're fighting a no-win fight. Jackson doesn't play to a high level. It's very EASY to find mediocre QB's who play as well, or nearly as well. And when people do, you invariably get torqued and try and demonstrate that it's a "double standard".

It isn't.

No one is saying they want Whitehurst as their starter. They're saying that a Back-up that no one wants, who hasn't been practicing with the 1's, and who hasn't taken a snap all season, came off the bench and played as well - if not better than - the guy who has been the annointed starter since day 1.

And the truth is that since Jackson plays at such a low level, it's an easy comparison to make.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Again why would a Vikings fan who detested Jackson tape the Seahawks game, unless his motive was to wait for a chance to see Jackson do something wrong & then start yet another bashing thread.
    I never detested Jackson. I did however say since early on that he wasn't a good fit for our offense and that I thought that the best thing for him would be to go to a team that ran an offense better suited to his skill set.

But as it turns out the team he went to ended up hiring his OC and installing the same system he failed to adapt to. So I find it an interesting study to see how he fit in with a new team and the same scheme. If he turned out to play at a high level and become a consistent player I would be the first to step up, say I was wrong and congratulate him on his achievement. The only thing preventing that from happening is what he does on the field. And by the way- Taping the games does more than show the box score, and if his play elevated but didn't result in wins because the talent of the team around him was the limiting factor I wold still give him the credit of improving. To this point the talent is not good around him but he is not making the case for him being any better.

Alas, you're the one that's right! Whitehurst's 11/19 (58%) 169 yard performance with no interceptions is out-fucking-standing. Is he getting your pro-bowl vote?
    Nope, just getting the recognition of looking more comfortable in the pocket than the last guy did. As to the rest he will have to earn that with his play which is something that apparently has no bearing on your grading system.

Perhaps you should put him on your fantasy team
    I don't participate in fantasy leagues, just the real thing. Although if fantasy is your cup of tea it might explain how you see Jackson.

& you would then actually have another reason for taping Seahawks games.
    Nope. I have one reason and that is enough thank you. If the QB with the glass shoulder is on the shelf then I will be done watching.

Blog Entries
    Which meant they would have had to watch the Seahawks game & not the Vikings or relied on a few highlights to tell the whole story.
    OK, but - as was pointed out - he also did so WITHOUT having the benefit of practicing with the first team. And he did it after sitting on the bench for 4 1/2 games. In short, he came in COLD and put up SIMILAR numbers to what Jackson has done.

AGAIN, Jackson had every advantage, but a back-up came in COLD and played to the SAME level (An argueably higher level if you factor in the INT).

So, again, you're fighting a no-win fight. Jackson doesn't play to a high level. It's very EASY to find mediocre QB's who play as well, or nearly as well. And when people do, you invariably get torqued and try and demonstrate that it's a "double standard".

It isn't.

No one is saying they want Whitehurst as their starter. They're saying that a Back-up that no one wants, who hasn't been practicing with the 1's, and who hasn't taken a snap all season, came off the bench and played as well - if not better than - the guy who has been the annointed starter since day 1.

And the truth is that since Jackson plays at such a low level, it's an easy comparison to make.

Caine
    The sad part is they both played better than McChunky but that is for another thread.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The sad part is they both played better than McChunky but that is for another thread.
    Sadly, that is probably true...McNabb has sucked bag since he got here.

Caine

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Sadly, that is probably true...McNabb has sucked bag since he got here.

Caine
    Well on the positive side for McFlabb its hard to pick a pass skipping off the turf (though there were a couple in the first quarter the Cards dropped) and he didn't puke after his 8 yard scamper.....that I saw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Well on the positive side for McFlabb its hard to pick a pass skipping off the turf (though there were a couple in the first quarter the Cards dropped) and he didn't puke after his 8 yard scamper.....that I saw
    That is a positive thing.

kyleburkle is offline Rookie
    tjack bashing threads

he hasnt started for the vikes in 3 years

his last year starting THEY WON THE NFC NORTH, and beat the dog piss out of the eventual nfc champs.

They actually played philly tough

favre went 4 and 9 last year

wat well mcflabb mcchunk do, start worrying about now not the past

Tjack is an athletic mid tier qb exactly what he is
    None

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast