Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    No, don't ignore it, but who knows if Whitehurst would have thrown one had he played for 3 quarters?
    Interesting. I suppose it could also be said that Jackson could have thrown 2 if he had finished the game but you can't rewrite what was never written.

Jackson's yards per attempt was 7.5, Whitehurst's was 7.8. Each threw a TD.
    But only 1 threw an INT....

Completing 68% of your passes is better than completing 58%.
    Throwing 0 INT's is better than throwing 1

The way some are talking here, you would think;

1. Whitehurst played light's out, while TJ sucked.
    2. They watched the Seahawks game & not the Vikings.
    Or....

Possibly they thought that Whitehurst looked more in command of the team than TJ no matter what the stats were and simply stated as such.

Really- You can let it all go now because he once again proved he cannot stay healthy and will once again not be starting because he is made of glass.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I thought his triple digit passer rating game with limited practise in the nohuddle scheme was pretty good, and he had no turnover.....just wondering if you actually saw the game.

Jackson got close to half his passing yardage on the first drive of the game and played over 2 quarters and Whitehurst played less than 2 quarters with minimal reps and did well. He did have a good crack at a 2 td showing but Rice was late in looking for the pass CW throw from the Giants 25.
    No, I didn't watch it. The Vikings played at the same time. I watched the Vikings game.

What game did you watch?

He barely scratched the triple digit mark with 100.5, which is probably why you said triple digit rather than use the number.

The difference maker was the INT.

The Seahawks also didn't have 2 fumbles in the redzone (1 at the 11 of NY & one at the 2 of NY) during any of Whitehurst's drives.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Possibly they thought that Whitehurst looked more in command of the team than TJ no matter what the stats were and simply stated as such.
    Which meant they would have had to watch the Seahawks game & not the Vikings or relied on a few highlights to tell the whole story.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    If you thought Whitehurst looked good, you must have really liked Jackson.

Or do you think completing 58% of your passes is better than completing 68%?
    Which meant they would have had to watch the Seahawks game & not the Vikings or relied on a few highlights to tell the whole story.
    Or they have a PVR and watched both

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Or they have a PVR and watched both

Shhhhhhhhh....don't try and interject logic into a Jackson discussion with Singer, it just confuses him. And when he gets confused, he gets angry....and when he gets angry, he's simply no fun at all. Just agree with him...

You're right, Singer, Jackson turned in yet another Pro-Bowl worthy performance today. It's amazing that the rest of the world gets so wrapped up in INT's and injuries...neither of which could have been Jackson's fault. Heck, I'll bet you that if he had a HOF-worthy O-line and phenomenal receivers and an elite RB, he could have easily cracked the 200 yard mark today...and probably thrown for at LEAST 2 TD's. How we ever let him slip away from us is beyond me...

...kind of like Troy Williamson. He was right on the verge of turning into something special too....just a few more starts...

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Purple Floyd

Unless you have Sunday Ticket and a DVR.

But alas I guess you are right. You are once again the winner of the debate by a knockout and Jackson is still the undefeated champion of the QB world.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    He barely scratched the triple digit mark with 100.5, which is probably why you said triple digit rather than use the number.
    Uhn no

Its actually from the post game show on Fox Q13 Seattle from Ian Furness...he mentioned Whitehurst had a triple digit passer rating, coming off the bench with limited reps in the no huddle scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Shhhhhhhhh....don't try and interject logic into a Jackson discussion with Singer, it just confuses him. And when he gets confused, he gets angry....and when he gets angry, he's simply no fun at all. Just agree with him...

You're right, Singer, Jackson turned in yet another Pro-Bowl worthy performance today. It's amazing that the rest of the world gets so wrapped up in INT's and injuries...neither of which could have been Jackson's fault. Heck, I'll bet you that if he had a HOF-worthy O-line and phenomenal receivers and an elite RB, he could have easily cracked the 200 yard mark today...and probably thrown for at LEAST 2 TD's. How we ever let him slip away from us is beyond me...

...kind of like Troy Williamson. He was right on the verge of turning into something special too....just a few more starts...

Caine
    No one said Jackson turned out a pro-bowl day today, you're the only one mentioning it & again putting words in my mouth.

Why would they be taping the Seahawks game on PVR or DVR, unless their only agenda is to look for anything he does wrong, then quickly jump on PP.O & start yet another TJ bashing thread. It's mostly the same two people who have started over a dozen of them now.

At least you & Marrdro have a reason for taping it, the others are simply doing it for obvious reasons. I didn't see any of them starting a thread last week.

The funny thing is, they're patting Whitehurst on the back for a job well done, the very same type of outing they used to criticize, chastise & hate Jackson for.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-09-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    No one said Jackson turned out a pro-bowl day today, you're the only one mentioning it.

Why would they be taping the Seahawks game on PVR or DVR, unless their only agenda is to look for anything he does wrong, then quickly jump on PP.O & start yet another TJ bashing thread. It's mostly the same two people who have started over a dozen of them now.

At least you & Marrdro have a reason for taping it, the others are simply doing it for obvious reasons. I didn't see any of them starting a thread last week.

The funny thing is, they're patting Whitehurst on the back for a job well done, the very same type of outing they used to criticize, chastise & hate Jackson for.
    And I only mentioned it with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Look, Jackson was a former Viking player, and - pro or con - was the hotbed of conversation for almost 5 years. People are going to follow him out of morbid curiosity.

I kept an eye on Williamson after we jettisoned him. I wanted to see if he was as bad as I'd thought he was, or if it was caused by playing here. And he stunk.

People will watch Jackson with a passing interest and will post when he falters because it validates the position our team took on him.

BTW, last week wasn't a stunning performance either...from what I understand, it was almost the type of performance that a 6 year Vet SHOULD be turning in.

Bottom line, don't be so quick to rush to Jackson's defense. It's a fight you'll never win. But I'll still let you throw empties at Marrdro with me while he dances a jig when he pays off on the beer bet.

Caine

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Don't care about the numbers. TJack sucks. Glad he's someone else's boob now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast