Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tank Johnson of the Bears house raided

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Tho the cops confiscated the guns I don't know if they would have raided the place for that, I think the cops were looking for something else and it may or may not have been the weed.
    From what I heard on the video report, they found 2-1/2 ounces & that was on the guy they hauled out.

That hardly warrants a raid of that magnitude. They waited until he was at practice & then busted down the door. IMO they were either hoping to find a lot more drugs or a pooh-load of guns.

Keep in mind these were not guns he was collecting in cases, locked & stowed away, these guns were out in the open & fully loaded.

Why if you are on probation for gun iolations, do you have fully loaded seli/automatic assault rifles lying around in the open, fully loaded?

I still think there is more to this story than we have found out so far!

Why do you have guns lying in the open fully loaded?
    Because you think you will need to use them, which makes me think that there is more than a couple of ounces of weed going through that place.
    He's either related to my in-laws, or someone wants to put cement shoes on his feet.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Tho the cops confiscated the guns I don't know if they would have raided the place for that, I think the cops were looking for something else and it may or may not have been the weed.
    From what I heard on the video report, they found 2-1/2 ounces & that was on the guy they hauled out.

That hardly warrants a raid of that magnitude. They waited until he was at practice & then busted down the door. IMO they were either hoping to find a lot more drugs or a pooh-load of guns.

Keep in mind these were not guns he was collecting in cases, locked & stowed away, these guns were out in the open & fully loaded.

Why if you are on probation for gun iolations, do you have fully loaded seli/automatic assault rifles lying around in the open, fully loaded?

I still think there is more to this story than we have found out so far!

Why do you have guns lying in the open fully loaded?
    Because you think you will need to use them, which makes me think that there is more than a couple of ounces of weed going through that place.
    Here in Canada we think most Americans have fully loaded guns laying around

[img width=400 height=300]http://img.stern.de/_content/55/76/557630/lara_500_500.jpg[/img]

Soccer mom fully loaded ;D

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Incident at night club this morning involving Tank being reported on the radio.

A person that claimed to be the body guard of Tank Johnson was shot to death at a night club at 2:00 am this morning.

Reports are sketchy if Tank was involved or if he was the target.

Leads to more speculation that there is more going on here.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2699400

Police: Johnson was at club during fatal shootingAssociated Press

CHICAGO -- Troubled Chicago Bears nose tackle Tank Johnson was at a nightclub early Saturday morning when a man who called himself the player's bodyguard was shot to death, authorities said.

Johnson

The shooting occurred about 12 hours after Johnson offered a public apology to teammates and family for his third arrest in the past 18 months. Johnson, the Bears' starting nose tackle, will be inactive for Sunday's game against Tampa Bay.

Willie B. Posey, 26, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital about 2 a.m. The shooting took place following a fight at Ice Bar, a club in the city's trendy River North neighborhood, said Chicago Police spokeswoman Monique Bond.

Bond said police did not know whether Johnson was involved in the fight or the shooting.

"He was at the bar," Bond said. There was "no information to link him to anything that occurred at the bar at this point in the investigation."

The Bears issued a statement Saturday saying the team was aware of the shooting, but didn't mention Johnson by name.

"We are currently gathering information to learn more about the situation," the statement said.

Johnson and Posey were arrested earlier this week following a raid at Johnson's home.

Posey was arrested Thursday on a count of felony cannabis possession. He was released after posting the $10,000 bond set by a Lake County Circuit Court judge and had been scheduled to return to court Dec. 21.

Johnson was not at home during the search, but later turned himself in and was arrested on misdemeanor weapons charges because six unregistered firearms were found at his residence, police said. He was released after posting 10 percent of his $1,000 bond.

Two of the weapons seized from Johnson's home were assault-style rifles, an AR-15 and a .223 caliber, said Gurnee Police Chief Robert Jones. Three were powerful handguns -- a .44 Magnum, a .50 caliber, and a .45 caliber -- and one was a .308 Winchester hunting rifle, Jones said.

Johnson practiced Friday and afterward offered a public apology. He is scheduled for a court appearance Jan. 9, which would be several days before the NFC North champion Bears play their first postseason game.

In November 2005, Johnson was sentenced to 18 months probation and 40 hours community service after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge stemming from an arrest in which a nightclub valet reported seeing Johnson with a handgun in his sport utility vehicle.

Johnson also was arrested last February after a confrontation outside a Chicago nightclub, but the charges were dropped after the police officer he allegedly scuffled with decided not to pursue the case.

Posey said in court Friday he was Johnson's bodyguard, the Chicago Tribune and (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald reported on the newspapers' Web sites. Gurnee police could not confirm Posey's relationship to Johnson.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I would bet he owes someone lots of money.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Is Johnson padding his rap sheet so he can be a Bengal next year

I wonder if he'll make it to the playoffs, or be in jail or dead at this rate

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Posey was the guy that got arrested for possession of weed in the gun raid...that dude was just bad news...and Tank is stupid for letting that guy be around him!

To all the Bears fans that gave us crap for the Love Boat last year....HA HA!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

too funny felony gun posession and some silly dingus hanging out with some weed on him to funny....at least the vikes were out celebrating as a team with the boatsthey have booze chicks and lake water harmless I think so.
    then you got Chicago guns,weed and and shifty beady eyed dope dealers hanging around characters hanging around a football player too funny chicago stick that in your bear hole and smoke it....oooooh thats right your stash was just confiscated
    SUCKA
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Complaints to cops led to raid on home[/size]

Gunfire, marijuana, neglect of animals reported, say police

By Courtney Flynn and Dave Wischnowsky
    Tribune staff reporters

December 16, 2006

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Bears DT Johnson suspended for 1 game after 3rd arrest[/size]

CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Bears suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson for one game Tuesday, almost a week after he was arrested on misdemeanor weapons charges.

The day after Johnson was arrested, his third arrest since the Bears drafted him in 2004, he was at a night club when his friend was shot to death.

General manager Jerry Angelo said Johnson was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and will not play Sunday against Detroit.

``I don't believe the team has to tell me it's my last chance, I know the opportunity that I have in front of me and it's great, it's immense and to squander that opportunity would be a tragedy at this point and that's not gonna happen,' Johnson said at a news conference at the Bears' practice facility in Lake Forest.

Angelo said the organization felt it was not the right decision to cut Johnson.

``He crossed the line and we acted on that,' Angelo said.

He said Johnson would undergo counseling.

``We feel he has taken active steps we feel are good,' Angelo said.

Johnson was arrested after a Thursday raid on his home in north suburban Gurnee in which police found six unregistered firearms.

A day later, Angelo had issued a warning to Johnson and the player publicly apologized. That night, he went to Ice Bar in Chicago's River North area with his friend and bodyguard Willie B. Posey, who was shot to death.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast