Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tank Johnson of the Bears house raided

He was arrested on gun charges.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2697869
    LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson was charged Thursday with not having a gun owner identification card after six firearms were found at his Gurnee home.

The misdemeanor charge carries a penalty of up to a year in jail upon conviction, said Jeff Pavletic, first assistant state's attorney in Lake County.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He was on probation for a gun charge last year, so in addition to being charged again with a gun charge, he is in violation of his probation.

Buh bye Tank...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I don't remember the exact tally, but I think it was 3 hand guns, and 3 assult rifles. There was also another man arrested at the time of the raid, a 26 year old, who was charged with felony possession of Marijuana, which usually assumes intent to distribute. There was also a report that Tank had 6 caged pit-bulls in his back yard.

FYI - Gurnee is about 10 minutes from my house. If any of you Minnesotans have driven to Chicago, Gurnee is the town where Great America is. You drive right by it on 94.

Oh, the types of guns were mentioned in a press conference held by the Gurnee police. I heard the press conference live on the radio on my way home, so I don't have a linked source for that yet.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Johnson also was arrested last February after a confrontation outside a Chicago nightclub, but the charges were dropped after the police officer he allegedly scuffled with decided not to continue the prosecution.
    Interesting? I wonder what the story was behind this. You have a scuffle with a police officer (assulting an officer) & the charges get dropped?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

You can take someone from the HOOD but you can't take the HOOD out of them.

Cincy will probaly be picking this guy up next year.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes" wrote:
    You can take someone from the HOOD but you can't take the HOOD out of them.

Cincy will probaly be picking this guy up next year.
    Lol at the Cincy statement.

Playa's gotta be huslin' yo!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Tho the cops confiscated the guns I don't know if they would have raided the place for that, I think the cops were looking for something else and it may or may not have been the weed.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

There has to be more to it.
    They aren't going to send in the SWAT for a few guns.
    I was listening to ESPN 1000 this morning and they had a Chicago cop call in and he said that either the Gurnee police found great pleasure in being dramatic or there is much more to this story that we haven't heard yet.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Tho the cops confiscated the guns I don't know if they would have raided the place for that, I think the cops were looking for something else and it may or may not have been the weed.
    From what I heard on the video report, they found 2-1/2 ounces & that was on the guy they hauled out.

That hardly warrants a raid of that magnitude. They waited until he was at practice & then busted down the door. IMO they were either hoping to find a lot more drugs or a shit-load of guns.

Keep in mind these were not guns he was collecting in cases, locked & stowed away, these guns were out in the open & fully loaded.

Why if you are on probation for gun iolations, do you have fully loaded seli/automatic assault rifles lying around in the open, fully loaded?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    From what I heard on the video report, they found 2-1/2 ounces & that was on the guy they hauled out.

That hardly warrants a raid of that magnitude. They waited until he was at practice & then busted down the door. IMO they were either hoping to find a lot more drugs or a pooh-load of guns.

Keep in mind these were not guns he was collecting in cases, locked & stowed away, these guns were out in the open & fully loaded.

Why if you are on probation for gun iolations, do you have fully loaded seli/automatic assault rifles lying around in the open, fully loaded?

I still think there is more to this story than we have found out so far!

Why do you have guns lying in the open fully loaded?
    Because you think you will need to use them, which makes me think that there is more than a couple of ounces of weed going through that place.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast