Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Tampa Fans Bailing on Rebuilding Bucs

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/24/tampa-fans-bailing-on-rebuilding-bucs/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Tampa Fans Bailing on Rebuilding Bucs
    3/24/2010 6:00 PM ET By Chris Harry

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the third overall pick in what is being called the deepest draft in years. The Bucs are going to select a very good player with that choice -- a potential superstar -- so that's something the club can be fired up about.

And then there's the downside.

"I wasn't excited about building up to it," coach Raheem Morris said Wednesday. "Or how we got there."

Bucs fans apparently aren't, either.

On the heels of going 3-13 in 2009 -- the franchise's worst record in 18 years -- team ownership expects the 2010 season will bring blackouts of home games on local television for the first time in years. The team's run of 103 straight sellouts, including all 100 games played since Raymond James Stadium opened for the 1998 season, is all but certain to end in September.

"Where we sit today, we don't want people to be necessarily surprised because we haven't had this in 15 years, but we're staring at the possibility for the first time in a decade and a half of having games blacked out in our local market," Bucs co-chairman Joel Glazer told The Tampa Tribune. "It's not what we want and we are working very hard to try and see that it doesn't happen, but it is a real possibility."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Tampa Fans Bailing on Rebuilding Bucs

No fun for the Glazers at the moment.. Bucs fans not happy and the Man Utd fans not happy with them either :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

(Worth noting: If the league-wide salary cap were in play, the Bucs reportedly would be more than $75 million under the system's floor. The '09 cap was $129 million and the floor around $108 million.)
    33million in salary, sounds cheap to me.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Warm weather cities are all fair weather fans.
    We're bringing purple back.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

gregair13 wrote:
    Wouldn't that mean they are a loyal fan base?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Wouldn't that mean they are a loyal fan base?
    Only loyal when the team is winning.
    We're bringing purple back.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

AngloVike wrote:
    No fun for the Glazers at the moment.. Bucs fans not happy and the Man Utd fans not happy with them either :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Things are only going to get worse for both Man Utd and the Buccs until the Glazers sell up. I found this interesting take on the whole thing.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/12/manchester-united-glazers-debt

Lurking in the full, heart-sinking detail of the Glazer family's proposal to borrow 500m, a partial replacement for the 700m debts their takeover has loaded on to Manchester United, is a page documenting the millions United have paid out to the family members themselves. None of the Glazers appear to have taken a salary out of the club since that May 2005 takeover, which United fans bitterly opposed and which has since cost the club more than 325m in interest.

In those three and half years, ticket prices have almost doubled at Old Trafford, where previously they were restrained to cater for the regulars at the Lou Macari Fish Bar, as well as the prawn sandwich consumers.

The MU Finance plc prospectus, launched in the City yesterday, sets out the fortune the Glazer family have reaped from the club they borrowed 540m to buy. From 1 July 2006, in five separate payments, a round total of 10m was paid in "management and administration fees" to companies affiliated to the Glazers. Under the new bond issue, the family is entitled to be paid up to 6m by United in management and administration fees.

On 30 June last year, United entered into a consultancy agreement with SLP Partners, "a company related to certain of our ultimate shareholders", to pay up to 2.9m. On top of that, on 19 December 2008, each of Malcolm Glazer's five sons and one daughter, all of whom are directors of Red Football Limited, each personally borrowed about 1.66m from the club, a total of 10m.

Added together, the management fees, consultancy agreement maximum and the 10m the six family members actually borrowed from United make a total of 22.9m paid to the family and their affiliated companies in three and a half years.

No explanation was offered yesterday for these fees, or for why the Glazer family felt the need to borrow 10m from Manchester United. The Glazer family's official spokesman, who is responsible for discussing United's financial affairs, declined to comment.
    Apart from the mind boggling 325 million paid in interest repayments alone, the fact that the family members seem to be fleecing the club too is incredible. How they got the money in the first place beats me too, it makes the subprime loans look like a genius financial idea.

Maybe the Buccs fans will follow their United counterparts lead and start wearing the old orange jerseys as a protest, maybe the Errol Flynn look could make a comeback as well!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't think there are many "Loyal" fan bases anymore and that includes our own fans.....

I never thought I'd see the day our fans would boo thier team especially when they are ahead.

Some will blame the economy, however, I'm not one of them. Been alot of "down times" during the times I've been watching this game and fans still filled stadiums.

I kindof think it has alot to do with the ability for players to sell themselves to a winner at the end of each contract as much as it is directly related to the "Instant Gratification" mentality of our culture of late.

Fans don't have the patience to watch someone learn over the years and players are there long enough to become part of the local culture.

All very sad if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    I don't think there are many "Loyal" fan bases anymore and that includes our own fans.....

I never thought I'd see the day our fans would boo thier team especially when they are ahead.

Some will blame the economy, however, I'm not one of them. Been alot of "down times" during the times I've been watching this game and fans still filled stadiums.

I kindof think it has alot to do with the ability for players to sell themselves to a winner at the end of each contract as much as it is directly related to the "Instant Gratification" mentality of our culture of late.

Fans don't have the patience to watch someone learn over the years and players are there long enough to become part of the local culture.

How are the Bengals doing again? :silly:

Like said before, the reason one might bail on this team is the ownership. The Buccaneers are a huge amount under what would normally be the minimum salary cap. If they somehow trade out of the 3rd overall pick with either 1 of the DTs on the board, they're doomed. Especially if they do it for bad value, only to save some money.

I wouldn't be too surprised.

That's one of the reasons for the Buccaneers being one of the teams mentioned to play multiple games over in England, instead of regular home games.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

How are the Bengals doing again? :silly:

Like said before, the reason one might bail on this team is the ownership. The Buccaneers are a huge amount under what would normally be the minimum salary cap. If they somehow trade out of the 3rd overall pick with either 1 of the DTs on the board, they're doomed. Especially if they do it for bad value, only to save some money.

I wouldn't be too surprised.

That's one of the reasons for the Buccaneers being one of the teams mentioned to play multiple games over in England, instead of regular home games.
    They are doing fine. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast