Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tampa Bay Boards about Favre

"bono" wrote:
    Anglo,
    It's only b/c many fans of other teams are simply JEALOUS of Favre! Duh! It's the same with NBA players, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James; etc, etc. Folks just LOVE to ENVY him. What else is there to do when he's not YOUR quarterback?

With that said: I was talking to my father (a Vikings' fan) about Favre's possible trade to Tampa Bay...What if Tampa Bay gets Favre from Green Bay, only to TRADE him to the Minnesota Vikings?! I'D OH SO LOVE IT! That would be b-e-a-utiful! Since the Packers are so afraid of Favre playing w/ any other NFC North (of fear that he'll steam roll over them twice a season), they're clearly not trying to send him to either of those teams...but what can they do if Tampa decides to? HA! HA! They'll be SCREWED! And I, for one, would so enjoy the Favre-Vikings/Lions or Bears coming into Lambeau and putting a hurtin' on those boys in green and gold, and making the REMAINING Packer fans BOO the crap out of T. Thompson and M. McCarthy! [Bono spits...again] How's that for cream cheese, Packers?
    I've been wondering what the likely hood of a scenario like that would be- And I haven't heard much validation to those ideas. They've only been offered as a tantalizing tease at the end of Favre discussions on he sports networks.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Anglo,
    It's only b/c many fans of other teams are simply JEALOUS of Favre! Duh! It's the same with NBA players, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James; etc, etc. Folks just LOVE to ENVY him. What else is there to do when he's not YOUR quarterback?

With that said: I was talking to my father (a Vikings' fan) about Favre's possible trade to Tampa Bay...What if Tampa Bay gets Favre from Green Bay, only to TRADE him to the Minnesota Vikings?! I'D OH SO LOVE IT! That would be b-e-a-utiful! Since the Packers are so afraid of Favre playing w/ any other NFC North (of fear that he'll steam roll over them twice a season), they're clearly not trying to send him to either of those teams...but what can they do if Tampa decides to? HA! HA! They'll be SCREWED! And I, for one, would so enjoy the Favre-Vikings/Lions or Bears coming into Lambeau and putting a hurtin' on those boys in green and gold, and making the REMAINING Packer fans BOO the crap out of T. Thompson and M. McCarthy! [Bono spits...again] How's that for cream cheese, Packers?
    I've been wondering what the likely hood of a scenario like that would be- And I haven't heard much validation to those ideas. They've only been offered as a tantalizing tease at the end of Favre discussions on he sports networks.
    Some people were saying they might put some wording that he can't be re traded to the NFC North or something.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This may have been posted somewhere but I'm pretty sure I read there would be a clause in his contract to go to another team that if anyone trades him they would get much less in the trade than what they gave to the Packers. (Does that make any sense?) I don't know if I wrote it right.
    But say for example that the Packers got a 3 round draft choice for Favre, if they trade him they could only get like a 6th round choice from the team they traded him to. That doesn't seem right but it does make some sense to protect the Packers from trading him to a team they don't want Farve to go to.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How much leverage do you really think the packers have to dictate something like that in a contract? With only 2 teams in the hunt and one offering a third and the other a 4th I don't see the Packers really having a great amount of leverage in how the trade works.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Favre's a better fit for the Bucs...he'd have to learn a new O with the Jets.

And he would upgrade the Bucs because Garcia can't throw long. Seems like the on;y scenario that works.

I heard too that the Packers would add a clause that would not permit a further trade to an NFCN team.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Favre's a better fit for the Bucs...he'd have to learn a new O with the Jets.

And he would upgrade the Bucs because Garcia can't throw long. Seems like the on;y scenario that works.

I heard too that the Packers would add a clause that would not permit a further trade to an NFCN team.
    They are so scared!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This may have been posted somewhere but I'm pretty sure I read there would be a clause in his contract to go to another team that if anyone trades him they would get much less in the trade than what they gave to the Packers. (Does that make any sense?) I don't know if I wrote it right.
    But say for example that the Packers got a 3 round draft choice for Favre, if they trade him they could only get like a 6th round choice from the team they traded him to. That doesn't seem right but it does make some sense to protect the Packers from trading him to a team they don't want Farve to go to.
    I heard it a different way.
    That if a the team that gets Favre trades him the contract would increase the compensation to GB.
    i.e. If GB gets a 3rd for Favre, if the team trades Favre then GB gets a 1st.
    Thus, if the team trades Favre they would have to get at least a 1st and more.

Whatever the wording it's intent is to stop the team from trading Favre to the Vikes.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Farve was a great player ..... but I still don't want him ..... let him go to tampa or the jets. Not sure that a cheese head will fit in a horned helmet.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"thorshammer" wrote:
    Farve was a great player ..... but I still don't want him ..... let him go to tampa or the jets. Not sure that a cheese head will fit in a horned helmet.
    i couldnt have said it better myself, well done

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I heard it a different way.
    That if a the team that gets Favre trades him the contract would increase the compensation to GB.
    i.e. If GB gets a 3rd for Favre, if the team trades Favre then GB gets a 1st.
    Thus, if the team trades Favre they would have to get at least a 1st and more.

Whatever the wording it's intent is to stop the team from trading Favre to the Vikes.
    I think you got it right and I had misunderstood the announcer on NFLN when I heard it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast