DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Take heed, concessionaires......

I see a judge upheld a ruling for $105 million against a Giants stadium concessionare who sold beer to a drunken fan---who then caused an accident that paralyzed a girl.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

thats an unfair judgement. is that legal and can they sue or fine him for that.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

that lawsuit represents a portion of what's wrong with this country.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

alwaysamossfan is offline Training Camp

Thats not the whole story, apparently the guy who bought the beer was way over the limit of beer allowed to br drunk at a game and the concessoniare apparently accepted somewhat of a bribe to sell the guy somthing like 6 more beers after he was clearly drunk. the man barely made it out of the parking lot before hit a family vehicle and paralyzed a young girl.
    [img:75c85448ab]http://img183.exs.cx/img183/3447/alwaysamossfan0ld.gif[/img:75c85448ab]
    Sig created by MinnesotaFury

alwaysamossfan is offline Training Camp

Oh yeah it was after the 3rd quarter when beer isnt allowed to be sold anyways.
    [img:75c85448ab]http://img183.exs.cx/img183/3447/alwaysamossfan0ld.gif[/img:75c85448ab]
    Sig created by MinnesotaFury

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

oh, no wonder. i just thought how many times has a drunk guy done that well not to that degree but thats had to have happended b4. now i know the whole story it makes more sense. :study:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

In Texas, if the bartender sell to someone that is intoxicated, he can be jailed. If someone goes out and gets in a wreck and they can prove that the guy was served by the bartender, the bartender is the one in trouble.

Keeps the bars from getting sued and it allows the drunks to have someone to sue. All the responsibility falls on the Bartender.

Sucks if you are a barttender or waiter/waitress.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I work at a liquor store and if I sell to someone that is obviously intoxicated I could be held liable. You just have to be a smart seller. You're not working to try to make friends, you have a job, do it how you are supposed to!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!