Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    Throw them a curve ball and wear a Joe Mauer Jersey, that'll show um.

  2. #12
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    It is tacky to wear a Vikings jersey period.
    ;D


    Seriously, I would wear your colors, enjoy the game and take it all in. So yes, if I were in your shoes.. Purple it would be.

  3. #13
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    Wear a super bowl shirt under the jersey

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    So this year I find myself in the incredible lucky position to be attending Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, AZ.
    The other day I was putting my AD jersey away until draft day, and my wife asked me why I wasn't leaving it out for the Super Bowl.
    I guess I thought it would be weird to wear the jersey of a team that wasn't in the game.
    She thinks I am crazy and I should wear it.

    So I am turning to the esteemed wisdom of PP.O.

    Should I wear my AD jersey?
    Should I purchase a new jersey of one of the participating teams?
    Should I purchase a Super Bowl XL11 shirt to wear instead?
    My 2cents:
    it's tacky to wear a jersey to any event that does not feature one of the teams actually playing.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    So this year I find myself in the incredible lucky position to be attending Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, AZ.
    The other day I was putting my AD jersey away until draft day, and my wife asked me why I wasn't leaving it out for the Super Bowl.
    I guess I thought it would be weird to wear the jersey of a team that wasn't in the game.
    She thinks I am crazy and I should wear it.

    So I am turning to the esteemed wisdom of PP.O.

    Should I wear my AD jersey?
    Should I purchase a new jersey of one of the participating teams?
    Should I purchase a Super Bowl XL11 shirt to wear instead?
    My 2cents:
    it's tacky to wear a jersey to any event that does not feature one of the teams actually playing.

    =Z=
    not worth one cent...go to the SB, you will understand.
    In fact, I may wear my Alan Page jersey to this one.

    over

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    So this year I find myself in the incredible lucky position to be attending Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, AZ.
    The other day I was putting my AD jersey away until draft day, and my wife asked me why I wasn't leaving it out for the Super Bowl.
    I guess I thought it would be weird to wear the jersey of a team that wasn't in the game.
    She thinks I am crazy and I should wear it.

    So I am turning to the esteemed wisdom of PP.O.

    Should I wear my AD jersey?
    Should I purchase a new jersey of one of the participating teams?
    Should I purchase a Super Bowl XL11 shirt to wear instead?
    My 2cents:
    it's tacky to wear a jersey to any event that does not feature one of the teams actually playing.
    not worth one cent...go to the SB, you will understand.
    In fact, I may wear my Alan Page jersey to this one.

    over
    Worth at LEAST 5 cents, at this point.

    When I got to Vikings' games and see some jackass in a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning jersey, my immediate thought is "What a dumbass".


    Now - not that what I think should sway anything, but the question was asked.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    So this year I find myself in the incredible lucky position to be attending Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, AZ.
    The other day I was putting my AD jersey away until draft day, and my wife asked me why I wasn't leaving it out for the Super Bowl.
    I guess I thought it would be weird to wear the jersey of a team that wasn't in the game.
    She thinks I am crazy and I should wear it.

    So I am turning to the esteemed wisdom of PP.O.

    Should I wear my AD jersey?
    Should I purchase a new jersey of one of the participating teams?
    Should I purchase a Super Bowl XL11 shirt to wear instead?
    My 2cents:
    it's tacky to wear a jersey to any event that does not feature one of the teams actually playing.
    not worth one cent...go to the SB, you will understand.
    In fact, I may wear my Alan Page jersey to this one.

    over
    Worth at LEAST 5 cents, at this point.

    When I got to Vikings' games and see some jackass in a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning jersey, my immediate thought is "What a dumbass".


    Now - not that what I think should sway anything, but the question was asked.

    =Z=
    i agree, but at the superbowl it is a little different i think.. but reg season games you look at those people like wtf are you doing

    Thanks josdin00

  8. #18
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    i think it is since were not one of the teams going unforunately.

    i wouldnt wear it and yes im pretty sure im going to be there and able to work at the superbowl as security. yep i get da hookups in az baby. ;D
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  9. #19
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    You should narrow the opinions to those who have been to a Super Bowl.

    I have been, to two..............my vote is, yes.


    Wearing your colors (the Vikes jersey) is absolutely not in the face of the teams there, just a representation of your affinity.
    You will not be inappropriate nor an outlier.
    You will represent yourself as a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, insulting to some, but, with pride to you and millions of others.

    Stop this silliness, wear it my friend.
    You will have a blast.
    When I wore mine in Houston, I met Bryant McKinney, received some jeers, but mostly met cool fans.
    You are at the Super Bowl, not an Eagles game...you'll have an awesome time, especially with AD's jersey.
    GFI (go for it) and don't look back.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it tacky to wear a Vikings jersey to the Super Bowl this year?

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    You should narrow the opinions to those who have been to a Super Bowl.

    I have been, to two..............my vote is, yes.


    Wearing your colors (the Vikes jersey) is absolutely not in the face of the teams there, just a representation of your affinity.
    You will not be inappropriate nor an outlier.
    You will represent yourself as a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, insulting to some, but, with pride to you and millions of others.

    Stop this silliness, wear it my friend.
    You will have a blast.
    When I wore mine in Houston, I met Bryant McKinney, received some jeers, but mostly met cool fans.
    You are at the Super Bowl, not an Eagles game...you'll have an awesome time, especially with AD's jersey.
    GFI (go for it) and don't look back.
    I can't narrow my options to those who have just been to a Super Bowl.
    Considering that they are some of the hardest tickets to come by, that would eliminate the vast majority of this board, and I actually respect the opinions of most of the people here. (I said most C Mad D
    :P)

    However, while I was originally of the same mind set as Zeus, I have changed my mind.
    I always see people wearing San Diego jerseys or something to a Vikings-Packers game and I just roll my eyes.
    But the Super Bowl is not your normal football game.
    I am attending it not as a fan of one of the two teams participating, but as a fan of the NFL.
    And I think that wearing the NFL's OROY jersey is more than appropriate.

    Besides - all of the super bowl gear that they are selling online is butt ugly, and I couldn't bring myself to buy a Pats jersey...

    Thanks for the input everyone!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings 25-1 to win Super Bowl next year
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. If the Vikings made the Super Bowl this year... Your plan.
    By BloodyHorns82 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
  3. LXXX years of Super Bowl history - Vikings to win Super Bowl XLVI?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
  5. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •