Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

I wish him the best....hope he does well. He must not have fit right with the Childress offense.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Now were getting somewere.

I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4396

Hankton - Also seems to be able to catch the ball when/if he gets on the field.
    Again, on a team that has been real prolific during his tenure.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4960

Don't want to lump you in with the "I don't know him" crowd so I won't.
    But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.
    Where did you get your information?

From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

"...Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, 5 whole pages of topic devoted to a lower end career WR... We will not miss much with him gone.. He didn't do much with him here.. We will either be better, or just as bad as we were with him, we won't get any worse..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.

But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.

From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0

From the links I provided and not what is going on during the first 2 or 3 OTA's.

Comeon, you know game time is were it counts not on some practice field.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

swannyb is offline Training Camp

Exactly Dropper, if you think that you are getting TT to replace Moss that is just sad.
    Plus I would like to know which Moss is he replacing, the used to be good MN Moss or the pouty not as good Oakland Moss.
    This is the Raiders though and they make these bonehead moves time and again so we'll just thank them for what they've done.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

From the links I provided and not what is going on during the first 2 or 3 OTA's.

;D
    Agreed, game time is what counts.
    I remember last year throughout pre-season all of our receivers seemed to be catching everything that came their way, then when the real football started it was a whole different thing.

However, if Troy is indeed catching bombs and not dropping easy balls, it would be good to have some reality into all of our dissing or praising at this point.
    Zeus and Singer had two polar reports on Troy.
    People will choose to go along with the one that fits their opinion on the guy I suppose.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tastywaves" wrote:

<< snip >>

I remember last year throughout pre-season all of our receivers seemed to be catching everything that came their way, then when the real football started it was a whole different thing.

However, if Troy is indeed catching bombs and not dropping easy balls, it would be good to have some reality into all of our dissing or praising at this point.
    People will choose to go along with the one that fits their opinion on the guy I suppose.
    Last year TWill was dropping catches in preseason.
    I was one of the people who said that it was just preseason, and he would be fine during games.
    Ate crow for it too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:

<< snip >>

Last year TWill was dropping catches in preseason.
    I was one of the people who said that it was just preseason, and he would be fine during games.
    Ate crow for it too.
    Wasn't Troy catching well in the Vikes practices during the regular season as well? I think I remember that Childress said that he did well in practice but it just didn't carry over to game time. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Sure that's when it counts, but when you get hired as a receiver at a professional level & getting paid to catch balls, you need to be catching balls regardless if it's in practice or on gameday.

Using that philosophy then, we shouldn't be praising or touting players who are doing good at the OTA's or minicamps because it is only practice & gameday may be just the opposite.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345