Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    I wish him the best....hope he does well. He must not have fit right with the Childress offense.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  2. #42
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Now were getting somewere.

    I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

    Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

    I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

    Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4396

    Hankton - Also seems to be able to catch the ball when/if he gets on the field.
    Again, on a team that has been real prolific during his tenure.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4960

    Don't want to lump you in with the "I don't know him" crowd so I won't.
    But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.
    Where did you get your information?

    From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

    "...Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

    Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #43
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    Wow, 5 whole pages of topic devoted to a lower end career WR... We will not miss much with him gone.. He didn't do much with him here.. We will either be better, or just as bad as we were with him, we won't get any worse..

  4. #44
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Now were getting somewere.

    I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

    Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

    I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

    Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4396

    Hankton - Also seems to be able to catch the ball when/if he gets on the field.
    Again, on a team that has been real prolific during his tenure.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4960

    Don't want to lump you in with the "I don't know him" crowd so I won't.
    But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.
    Where did you get your information?

    From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

    "...Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

    Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0



    From the links I provided and not what is going on during the first 2 or 3 OTA's.


    Comeon, you know game time is were it counts not on some practice field.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #45
    swannyb's Avatar
    swannyb is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    33

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    Exactly Dropper, if you think that you are getting TT to replace Moss that is just sad.
    Plus I would like to know which Moss is he replacing, the used to be good MN Moss or the pouty not as good Oakland Moss.
    This is the Raiders though and they make these bonehead moves time and again so we'll just thank them for what they've done.

  6. #46
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,880

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Now were getting somewere.

    I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

    Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

    I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

    Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4396

    Hankton - Also seems to be able to catch the ball when/if he gets on the field.
    Again, on a team that has been real prolific during his tenure.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4960

    Don't want to lump you in with the "I don't know him" crowd so I won't.
    But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.
    Where did you get your information?

    From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

    "...Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

    Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0



    From the links I provided and not what is going on during the first 2 or 3 OTA's.


    Comeon, you know game time is were it counts not on some practice field.
    ;D
    Agreed, game time is what counts.
    I remember last year throughout pre-season all of our receivers seemed to be catching everything that came their way, then when the real football started it was a whole different thing.

    However, if Troy is indeed catching bombs and not dropping easy balls, it would be good to have some reality into all of our dissing or praising at this point.
    Zeus and Singer had two polar reports on Troy.
    People will choose to go along with the one that fits their opinion on the guy I suppose.

  7. #47
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "tastywaves" wrote:

    << snip >>

    Agreed, game time is what counts.
    I remember last year throughout pre-season all of our receivers seemed to be catching everything that came their way, then when the real football started it was a whole different thing.

    However, if Troy is indeed catching bombs and not dropping easy balls, it would be good to have some reality into all of our dissing or praising at this point.
    Zeus and Singer had two polar reports on Troy.
    People will choose to go along with the one that fits their opinion on the guy I suppose.
    Last year TWill was dropping catches in preseason.
    I was one of the people who said that it was just preseason, and he would be fine during games.
    Ate crow for it too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #48
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:

    << snip >>

    Agreed, game time is what counts.
    I remember last year throughout pre-season all of our receivers seemed to be catching everything that came their way, then when the real football started it was a whole different thing.

    However, if Troy is indeed catching bombs and not dropping easy balls, it would be good to have some reality into all of our dissing or praising at this point.
    Zeus and Singer had two polar reports on Troy.
    People will choose to go along with the one that fits their opinion on the guy I suppose.
    Last year TWill was dropping catches in preseason.
    I was one of the people who said that it was just preseason, and he would be fine during games.
    Ate crow for it too.
    Wasn't Troy catching well in the Vikes practices during the regular season as well? I think I remember that Childress said that he did well in practice but it just didn't carry over to game time. Correct me if I am wrong.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  9. #49
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Now were getting somewere.

    I think this is really Troys third chance and it isn't looking good so far in camp.

    Seems he is still dropping balls that our "Unproven" QB is putting on the money.

    I think Wade and Shanc are gonna be suprises because of the productivity they had when they got the chance just like these two guys you left off the list:

    Hymes - Appears to me, when given the chance he is fairly productive on a Offense that hasn't really been that stable during his time there.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4396

    Hankton - Also seems to be able to catch the ball when/if he gets on the field.
    Again, on a team that has been real prolific during his tenure.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=4960

    Don't want to lump you in with the "I don't know him" crowd so I won't.
    But I do want to point out to fans of that ilk that just because you don't know them don't mean they can't play ball.
    Where did you get your information?

    From what I read, T-Will & Lowber caught bombs, while Hankton & Hymes, whom you are touting, failed to haul in a pass.

    "...Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

    Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson...."


    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0



    From the links I provided and not what is going on during the first 2 or 3 OTA's.


    Comeon, you know game time is were it counts not on some practice field.
    ;D
    Sure that's when it counts, but when you get hired as a receiver at a professional level & getting paid to catch balls, you need to be catching balls regardless if it's in practice or on gameday.

    Using that philosophy then, we shouldn't be praising or touting players who are doing good at the OTA's or minicamps because it is only practice & gameday may be just the opposite.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
  3. Travis Taylor released by Oakland
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 09:58 AM
  4. Oakland 0-3
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 02:05 AM
  5. oakland
    By tlk23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 05:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •