Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    The fact that it took so long for someone to pick him up says something.

    It says the same thing as the fact that the Vikes let him go.

    He is just not that good. If that roster spot can be filled with someone of at least similar talent level, but who is younger and has more potential to improve, why would we waste a spot on TT?

    I am not at all surprised that he is not a Viking this year. Leave it to Oakland to try to suck even more.
    -Sno

  2. #22
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Oh I guess you guys did not get the memo on that.........um yeah.......
    The Vikings won't be using WR's this year.
    That whole novelty of the foward pass was just a fade.
    We're going with the Full House backfield and 4 TE's

    6 it is nice to see you back!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #23
    6-KINGS's Avatar
    6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    569

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    Well now that I have no job, no future, I am sick all the time why not waste away here with friends.

    "VICTORY IS MINE!"

  4. #24
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Well now that I have no job, no future, I am sick all the time why not waste away here with friends.

    Well at least we will make you laugh once in awhile.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #25
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

    All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

    Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

    Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them becuase they are young. I don't trust them because they were
    backups in the past. I don't trust them because they are not very good. I don't trust them because they have no experienced recievers to lead them. I don't trust them because we don't have a proven quarterback.

    Hopefully they can earn my trust, but i don't trust them until they start catching balls on Sundays.

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

    All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

    Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

    Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them because they have done nothing to earn my trust. Do I have hope that they will become dependable players for the Vikings? Yes. Do I have any reason to assume that they will fail? No. (except for maybe Troy.)

    I am hopeful that our WRs will succeed, and I do not agree with the "I don't know who we will throw to" comment. However, Trust is earned. Travis was not a superstar player, neither Wiggins, but they were dependable and consistent players and they were the best we had. We have replaced them with questions is all I'm saying.

    I'm not going to sit here and pretend we are OK at receiver because that just isn't true. Our receivers still need to prove themselves to me, to the coaches, and to the rest of the league.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

    All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

    Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

    Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them becuase they are young. I don't trust them because they were
    backups in the past. I don't trust them because they are not very good. I don't trust them because they have no experienced recievers to lead them. I don't trust them because we don't have a proven quarterback.

    Hopefully they can earn my trust, but i don't trust them until they start catching balls on Sundays.
    I see the light now.
    I am healed.
    ;D

    Yet another fan who loves the word "Prove" as well loves to see players (experienced veterans) coach the young guys instead of the "Coaches".

    I'm with ya.
    Although on those points we will disagree a bit.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

    All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

    Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

    Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them because they have done nothing to earn my trust. Do I have hope that they will become dependable players for the Vikings? Yes. Do I have any reason to assume that they will fail? No. (except for maybe Troy.)

    I am hopeful that our WRs will succeed, and I do not agree with the "I don't know who we will throw to" comment. However, Trust is earned. Travis was not a superstar player, neither Wiggins, but they were dependable and consistent players and they were the best we had. We have replaced them with questions is all I'm saying.

    I'm not going to sit here and pretend we are OK at receiver because that just isn't true. Our receivers still need to prove themselves to me, to the coaches, and to the rest of the league.
    I liked both TT and Wiggins (since you brought him up), but the only thing they were reliable at was being mediocre.
    I don't want mediocre.
    That reeks of Mice Tice, who put together the most mediocre team I can remember in a long time.
    Sure, mediocre teams usually don't have losing seasons, but thet also usually don't make it to the superbowl.

    We have a lot of question marks at WR (and TE, and QB).
    That means that they may a) suck, b) be mediocre, or c) be great.
    I would rather take a chance at greatness or suckiness than accept guaranteed mediocrity.

    (And yes, suckiness is a word in my world )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    freaky's Avatar
    freaky is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    191

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    correct me if i'm wrong but TT was pretty reliable on 3rd down wasn't he?? i always thought he was a good foil with other younger & more explosive wr to spread the field this year. guess that's bobby wade's role now but we weren't to know that a few months ago...interesting.
    btw, can someone tell me if we do have hankton & hymes on the playing squad for this season?

  10. #30
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

    All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

    Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

    Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them because they have done nothing to earn my trust. Do I have hope that they will become dependable players for the Vikings? Yes. Do I have any reason to assume that they will fail? No. (except for maybe Troy.)

    I am hopeful that our WRs will succeed, and I do not agree with the "I don't know who we will throw to" comment. However, Trust is earned. Travis was not a superstar player, neither Wiggins, but they were dependable and consistent players and they were the best we had. We have replaced them with questions is all I'm saying.

    I'm not going to sit here and pretend we are OK at receiver because that just isn't true. Our receivers still need to prove themselves to me, to the coaches, and to the rest of the league.
    I liked both TT and Wiggins (since you brought him up), but the only thing they were reliable at was being mediocre.
    I don't want mediocre.
    That reeks of Mice Tice, who put together the most mediocre team I can remember in a long time.
    Sure, mediocre teams usually don't have losing seasons, but thet also usually don't make it to the superbowl.

    We have a lot of question marks at WR (and TE, and QB).
    That means that they may a) suck, b) be mediocre, or c) be great.
    I would rather take a chance at greatness or suckiness than accept guaranteed mediocrity.

    (And yes, suckiness is a word in my world )
    Is that something you do in the bedroom?

    On topic: I liked those players too, but there is no reason not to think that the young players we have now doesn't have a chance to become great.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
  3. Travis Taylor released by Oakland
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 09:58 AM
  4. Oakland 0-3
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 02:05 AM
  5. oakland
    By tlk23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 05:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •