Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: T. Taylor to Oakland

The fact that it took so long for someone to pick him up says something.

It says the same thing as the fact that the Vikes let him go.

He is just not that good. If that roster spot can be filled with someone of at least similar talent level, but who is younger and has more potential to improve, why would we waste a spot on TT?

I am not at all surprised that he is not a Viking this year. Leave it to Oakland to try to suck even more.
    -Sno

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Oh I guess you guys did not get the memo on that.........um yeah.......
    The Vikings won't be using WR's this year.
    That whole novelty of the foward pass was just a fade.
    We're going with the Full House backfield and 4 TE's

6 it is nice to see you back!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Well now that I have no job, no future, I am sick all the time why not waste away here with friends.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Well now that I have no job, no future, I am sick all the time why not waste away here with friends.

Well at least we will make you laugh once in awhile.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:

I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

All we can do now is hope.
    Why don't you trust the current group of WR's?
    Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

Only one I see on that list that I don't trust is Troy.

Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them becuase they are young. I don't trust them because they were
    backups in the past. I don't trust them because they are not very good. I don't trust them because they have no experienced recievers to lead them. I don't trust them because we don't have a proven quarterback.

Hopefully they can earn my trust, but i don't trust them until they start catching balls on Sundays.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I don't see what is wrong with admitting that our three most reliable receivers from last year are gone. That is just a fact. WR is a huge question mark. I was willing to trust TT a lot more than any of the guys on the current roster.

Is it thier youth?
    Is it because they started on another team and we backups behind good players so you didn't know thier names?

Help me out here.
    Make me understand why we would make statements such as "I don't know who he will throw to?
    I don't trust them because they have done nothing to earn my trust. Do I have hope that they will become dependable players for the Vikings? Yes. Do I have any reason to assume that they will fail? No. (except for maybe Troy.)

I am hopeful that our WRs will succeed, and I do not agree with the "I don't know who we will throw to" comment. However, Trust is earned. Travis was not a superstar player, neither Wiggins, but they were dependable and consistent players and they were the best we had. We have replaced them with questions is all I'm saying.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend we are OK at receiver because that just isn't true. Our receivers still need to prove themselves to me, to the coaches, and to the rest of the league.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Is it thier youth?

Help me out here.
    I don't trust them becuase they are young. I don't trust them because they were
    backups in the past. I don't trust them because they are not very good. I don't trust them because they have no experienced recievers to lead them. I don't trust them because we don't have a proven quarterback.

Hopefully they can earn my trust, but i don't trust them until they start catching balls on Sundays.
    I see the light now.
    I am healed.
    ;D

Yet another fan who loves the word "Prove" as well loves to see players (experienced veterans) coach the young guys instead of the "Coaches".

I'm with ya.
    Although on those points we will disagree a bit.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Is it thier youth?

Help me out here.
    I don't trust them because they have done nothing to earn my trust. Do I have hope that they will become dependable players for the Vikings? Yes. Do I have any reason to assume that they will fail? No. (except for maybe Troy.)

I am hopeful that our WRs will succeed, and I do not agree with the "I don't know who we will throw to" comment. However, Trust is earned. Travis was not a superstar player, neither Wiggins, but they were dependable and consistent players and they were the best we had. We have replaced them with questions is all I'm saying.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend we are OK at receiver because that just isn't true. Our receivers still need to prove themselves to me, to the coaches, and to the rest of the league.
    I liked both TT and Wiggins (since you brought him up), but the only thing they were reliable at was being mediocre.
    I don't want mediocre.
    That reeks of Mice Tice, who put together the most mediocre team I can remember in a long time.
    Sure, mediocre teams usually don't have losing seasons, but thet also usually don't make it to the superbowl.

We have a lot of question marks at WR (and TE, and QB).
    That means that they may a) suck, b) be mediocre, or c) be great.
    I would rather take a chance at greatness or suckiness than accept guaranteed mediocrity.

(And yes, suckiness is a word in my world )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

freaky is offline Starter

correct me if i'm wrong but TT was pretty reliable on 3rd down wasn't he?? i always thought he was a good foil with other younger & more explosive wr to spread the field this year. guess that's bobby wade's role now but we weren't to know that a few months ago...interesting.
    btw, can someone tell me if we do have hankton & hymes on the playing squad for this season?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Is it thier youth?

Help me out here.

I liked both TT and Wiggins (since you brought him up), but the only thing they were reliable at was being mediocre.
    I don't want mediocre.
    That reeks of Mice Tice, who put together the most mediocre team I can remember in a long time.
    Sure, mediocre teams usually don't have losing seasons, but thet also usually don't make it to the superbowl.

We have a lot of question marks at WR (and TE, and QB).
    That means that they may a) suck, b) be mediocre, or c) be great.
    I would rather take a chance at greatness or suckiness than accept guaranteed mediocrity.

(And yes, suckiness is a word in my world )
    Is that something you do in the bedroom?

On topic: I liked those players too, but there is no reason not to think that the young players we have now doesn't have a chance to become great.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast