Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101437
    So far the data metrix have the following:

a. He won't get a contract. Ooops, he did.
    b. If he does get a contract it will only to be the backup. Oooops. Looking like he got a good gig which will equate to a starting job.
    You won big on those long-shots, for sure. But despite the weak division, I can't help but think of the guy at the roulette table in Vegas letting it ride after his number comes up if you think Tarvaris is going to be successful there.

Maybe it works out, but the rest of us are looking over at Seattle wondering what they are thinking.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

b. If he does get a contract it will only to be the backup. Oooops. Looking like he got a good gig which will equate to a starting job.
    Look on the bright side, you can give the Bungles a miss this year and make the squawks your team of choice now that you boy has the keys to that offense :P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1102139
    Pete Carroll named Tarvaris Jackson the starter today
    Jackson hasn't taken a snap and gets the starting job

deja vu

Turns out there will be no real competition for the Seattle Seahawks starting quarterback job. Instead, head coach Pete Carroll ended any kind of drama on Saturday, telling reporters Tarvaris Jackson will be the starter when he joins the team, ...

..there is a caveat to Jackson being named the starter. As Mike Sando notes, Jackson will run the show because he knows the offense, but his status could change as the rest of the team catches up.
    Must mean they expect Farve to join the team in late August inch:

Carson Palmer could be the Pete's other choice of QB to get pass on retirement.....

It would be bizarre karma for Jackson to lose his # 1 spot for the 4th time to a cat that was talking about heading into retirement

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Overlord" #1102141

You won big on those long-shots, for sure. But despite the weak division, I can't help but think of the guy at the roulette table in Vegas letting it ride after his number comes up if you think Tarvaris is going to be successful there.

Maybe it works out, but the rest of us are looking over at Seattle wondering what they are thinking.
    The going in consensus is that they couldn't get Kolb so they went ahead and opted for a cheaper, 1 year starter as they wait for something better next year.

Not sure if I'm buying into that one but alot fo the talking heads on the Disney channel seem to have bought into it.

Alls I know is that our good friends Caine and EJ (along with the others) who said he wouldn't get a contract and if he did it would only to be a backup, sure are avoiding the question.

What, if any, does TJ have to do so that I can get my beer?

Again, good to see you posting again O. Keep em coming. Been some good convo on here today. Kindof refreshing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1102139
    Pete Carroll named Tarvaris Jackson the starter today
    lightning does strike twice.the lucky sob found another sucker to hand him a job with no competition. wonder what dirt he has on bevell

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101174

Looking like the ultimte disappointment for you, Marr.

No more excuses.

If he can't cut it in taht Division, versus those shitty QB's, he's OFFICIALLY done.

And by grabbing him, Bevell has confirmed my suspicions that his career is going to flame out fast. Didn't he learn anything from Chiller?

Caine
    You didn't answer the question.

Long story short, TJ is looking pretty good right now. Nice up and coming team. Two big WR's. Staff is fixing OL (Gallery was a top prospect). Looks like they will continue to fix some holes with the top FA's on the market CAUSE THEY HAVE CAP ROOM (Fricken Bryzcheapski).
    Yup, he got a job because Seattle was dumb enough to sign Bevell as the OC.

Carroll installed Jackson as the starter right away because he wanted to build "continuity". Also, did you see who the Seachickens have as QB's? Hell, I would be the starter there....

That doesn't mean he'll do well.

Robert Gallery will fix the Line for Seattle? The same Robert Gallery who was a bust in Oakland?

So, from where YOU sit, this should look like the ideal opportunity to vindicate your blind love for Jackson. He's handed the starting job (just like he was in Minnesota), he has no real competition (just like it was in Minnesota), and he's in a horribly weak Division where a LOSING record can get you a play-off berth.

And from where I sit, being the best shitty team doesn't make you a GOOD team...just like being the best shitty QB doesn't make you a good QB.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102192

No more excuses.

If he can't cut it in taht Division, versus those shitty QB's, he's OFFICIALLY done.

And by grabbing him, Bevell has confirmed my suspicions that his career is going to flame out fast. Didn't he learn anything from Chiller?

Caine

Long story short, TJ is looking pretty good right now. Nice up and coming team. Two big WR's. Staff is fixing OL (Gallery was a top prospect). Looks like they will continue to fix some holes with the top FA's on the market CAUSE THEY HAVE CAP ROOM (Fricken Bryzcheapski).

Carroll installed Jackson as the starter right away because he wanted to build "continuity". Also, did you see who the Seachickens have as QB's? Hell, I would be the starter there....

Robert Gallery will fix the Line for Seattle? The same Robert Gallery who was a bust in Oakland?

So, from where YOU sit, this should look like the ideal opportunity to vindicate your blind love for Jackson. He's handed the starting job (just like he was in Minnesota), he has no real competition (just like it was in Minnesota), and he's in a horribly weak Division where a LOSING record can get you a play-off berth.

And from where I sit, being the best shitty team doesn't make you a GOOD team...just like being the best shitty QB doesn't make you a good QB.

Caine
    You know what Caine I think I can taste the TJack koolaide.

All you have to do is look at all the things that held Jackson back and how they are behind him now to see that this is nothing but positives for him

-Heís away from the fans in Minnesota that never made him feel welcome, is he welcome in Seattle, well he hasnít got on the field yet and heís getting 4 million dollars and was named the starter

-He away from Childress, not to sure he loved him enough but Pete Carroll has got to be the biggest raw raw coach in the NFL, he wonít be confusing Jackson with any stupid water buffalo questions. Hey didnít he get Reggieís parents a house when he was at USC, maybe Tarvarisís mom can get a Cadillac or her own Starbucks.

-He doesnít have to learn a new playbook, gets a sixth year with Bevell and well with Childress gone the verbiage of the plays should get simplified. Not many QBís in the league have been around the same coordinator for that length of time.

-He away from the Vikings line and the zone blocking scheme and the hawks line has been upgrade in free agency, they brought in Gallery and that Cable guy

-No Favre, Brad Johnson or Gus Frerotte, these old guys just confused him by talking to him, smelled like Ben Gay, Rub A535 or Absorbine Jr which made him dizzy and nauseous and Favre hogged all the massage therapists trying to get a happy ending.

-No Pat Williams, said mean things and made Tarvaris sad. Tarvaris worked hard enough..
    -No Adrian Peterson, not a complete back, history of fumbling, doesnít pick up the blitz, not a good receiver and for the majority of his career didnít play 3rd downs. Now heís with Marshawn Lynch which some around here brought his name up as a better back do to ball security and being an active receiver.

-No Bernard Berrian, the dudeís turf toe and hamstring held Jackson back

-No Visanthe Shaincoe, his drop cost Jackson his starting job and a win against the Colts

-Sidney Rice, he knows him and he wonít be shocked if he misses a game due to injury

-Gets to play the Cardinals twice a year, which could get him to the probowl

-Heís going to a playoff team that beat the defending Super Bowl Champions and only improved their roster (Matt Hasselbeck might see one issue but heís gone)

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1102212

No more excuses.

Caine

Caine

All you have to do is look at all the things that held Jackson back and how they are behind him now to see that this is nothing but positives for him

-Heís away from the fans in Minnesota that never made him feel welcome, is he welcome in Seattle, well he hasnít got on the field yet and heís getting 4 million dollars and was named the starter

-He away from Childress, not to sure he loved him enough but Pete Carroll has got to be the biggest raw raw coach in the NFL, he wonít be confusing Jackson with any stupid water buffalo questions. Hey didnít he get Reggieís parents a house when he was at USC, maybe Tarvarisís mom can get a Cadillac or her own Starbucks.

-He doesnít have to learn a new playbook, gets a sixth year with Bevell and well with Childress gone the verbiage of the plays should get simplified. Not many QBís in the league have been around the same coordinator for that length of time.

-He away from the Vikings line and the zone blocking scheme and the hawks line has been upgrade in free agency, they brought in Gallery and that Cable guy

-No Favre, Brad Johnson or Gus Frerotte, these old guys just confused him by talking to him, smelled like Ben Gay, Rub A535 or Absorbine Jr which made him dizzy and nauseous and Favre hogged all the massage therapists trying to get a happy ending.

-No Pat Williams, said mean things and made Tarvaris sad. Tarvaris worked hard enough..
    -No Adrian Peterson, not a complete back, history of fumbling, doesnít pick up the blitz, not a good receiver and for the majority of his career didnít play 3rd downs. Now heís with Marshawn Lynch which some around here brought his name up as a better back do to ball security and being an active receiver.

-No Visanthe Shaincoe, his drop cost Jackson his starting job and a win against the Colts

-Sidney Rice, he knows him and he wonít be shocked if he misses a game due to injury

-Heís going to a playoff team that beat the defending Super Bowl Champions and only improved their roster (Matt Hasselbeck might see one issue but heís gone)
    You left off one thing that held Jackson back....himself.

He never showed the ability to make it happen. Even after 5 years, he continually failed to achieve when it was all on the line.

He MIGHT turn it on suddenly now that he's got a change of scenery...

...or he might still be Tarvaris Jackson.

Time will tell.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102213
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1102212

No more excuses.

Caine

Caine

You left off one thing that held Jackson back....himself.

He never showed the ability to make it happen. Even after 5 years, he continually failed to achieve when it was all on the line.

He MIGHT turn it on suddenly now that he's got a change of scenery...

...or he might still be Tarvaris Jackson.

Time will tell.

Caine
    Oh the poor mechanics, lack of blitz recognition, poor decisions, injury prone stuff.....might as well bring up the jump pass and the deer in the headlight eyes while your at it.

All of the above [strike]excuses[/strike] reasons that I list above have been [strike]beaten to death[/strike] [strike]discussed well[/strike].....oh whom I kidding, our Fox satellite feed here in BC is from Seattle and I think I have to start worrying about shitting myself silly while I'm laughing at the Seahawks if Jackson has to go up against the Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Ravens,

The Hawks had the 31st worst rushing attack last year and the rest of the line aside from Gallery have a combined 27 starts.....they need a few more quarterbacks

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101171
    Seems like a good place to post some Tjack stats.
    Since the start of the 2008 season:
    6 starts.
    136/228 59.6% 1598yds 7.0ypa 13td 6int 89.035QBrating 50carries 198yds 3.96ypc
    Kevin Kolb during the same time period
    7 starts
    194/319 60.8% 2082yds 6.5ypa 11td 14int 73.2QBrating 33carries 66yds 2.00ypc

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast