Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 238
  1. #211
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104455
    MY OPEN PLEA TO EVERY VIKINGS FAN:

    Can we PLEASE stop arguing about a QB who isn't on our team anymore? Holy crap. We have plenty things on the Vikings to argue about right now, let's stop concerning ourselves with a QB who - for whatever reason - did not succeed in purple.
    I don't like to argue over anything.......

    On a side note, there still is the little "Wager" that Caine, EJmat and I have going. If for no other reason than that, he will be discussed (not argued) all year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #212
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104463
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104455
    MY OPEN PLEA TO EVERY VIKINGS FAN:

    Can we PLEASE stop arguing about a QB who isn't on our team anymore? Holy crap. We have plenty things on the Vikings to argue about right now, let's stop concerning ourselves with a QB who - for whatever reason - did not succeed in purple.
    I don't like to argue over anything.......

    On a side note, there still is the little "Wager" that Caine, EJmat and I have going. If for no other reason than that, he will be discussed (not argued) all year.
    Oh please marr, we'll still be discussing tjack in 15 years after we've won 4 super bowls with Ponder leading the charge. "If we gave Tjack a chance we could have won 6!!" :P
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  3. #213
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104462
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104439
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104347
    This is gonna be fun. When the regular season starts though, I am going to start a thread on the bet so that we can actually track the stuff that matters not what happens in a preseason game.

    Anyway, if anyone watched the game this is what they saw......If they choose to really watch what the teams were working on.

    a. Seachickens on Offense.....Didn't have Williams or Rice. Basically took the field with slot recievers and a TE. Not gonna see defenses backing off the line with that crowd.

    b. Seachickens staff was specifically working on the run blocking as they break in two Rooks at RT and RG as well as a new LG and a LT who missed most of last season from ankle injuries.

    In short, the passing game will come.

    On a side note, I can hear Caine and Bleed now....Excuses excuses. LOL. They crack meup.

    On a side side note: How about Rivers and Jackson. Damn I wish we could have landed that cat somehow. That offense is almost game ready my friends. Maybe they will finally get off to a fast start this year. Could be a bad thing for us week one if they are ready.
    What are you even talking about? None of the QBs had Rice. You say the passing game will come? Just like it came with us right? Child please. T-Joke sucks. He will always suck. He is not a starter in this league. Period. That has already been proven. The only excuses I heard were you and the other T-Joke lovers. Ahhhh you crack me up. T-JOKE. Reality is a bitch isn't it.
    Such nastiness. Time will tell my friend, time will tell.
    Time has already told. You are just blind.

  4. #214
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1104482
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104463
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104455
    MY OPEN PLEA TO EVERY VIKINGS FAN:

    Can we PLEASE stop arguing about a QB who isn't on our team anymore? Holy crap. We have plenty things on the Vikings to argue about right now, let's stop concerning ourselves with a QB who - for whatever reason - did not succeed in purple.
    I don't like to argue over anything.......

    On a side note, there still is the little "Wager" that Caine, EJmat and I have going. If for no other reason than that, he will be discussed (not argued) all year.
    Oh please marr, we'll still be discussing tjack in 15 years after we've won 4 super bowls with Ponder leading the charge. "If we gave Tjack a chance we could have won 6!!" :P
    Negative. For this team I'm now on Ponders bandwagon. Only reason I'm still on the TJ thing is to validate the beers I'm gonna get from EJ and Caine.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #215
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104483
    Time has already told. You are just blind.
    Blind? Don't think so. A bit hard headed.....Well, I might tend to agree with that one.....:laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #216
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Seahawks G.M. John Schneider apologized to Vikings

    And early on playing, you know, he was pulled right away So yeah, its definitely a comment Id like to have back thats one you put in your back pocket.

    Schneider joked the comment may have partly come from sleep deprivation during a long week. He has since apologized privately to the Vikings.
    Wonder what has changed since the comment was made, more sleep or he's seen Jackson in live action

    Jackson did well with his first 2 passes, set his feet and was steady, the next (3rd) pass was when the Chargers were flagged for the defensive holding and Tarvaris started bouncing on the balls of his feet as he set in the pocket and he missed Zach Miller and continued the bounce everytime it was a pass call. He didn't really get his feet, hips and shoulder lined up with his throws. Of the 12 pass plays called he was sacked twice, scrambled twice, got one penalty, chargers got 2 penalties, was sacked twice. His last 2 incompletions were to an open Zach Miller (Chargers second penalty and a free play) Jackson was throwing off his back foot in the air and his other miss to Clayton he was still bouncing and didn't get setup. I think some of what people saw in Whitehurst or others in the game that made them look more comfortable during their play was just steadier foot work.

  7. #217
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    I can hardly wait for the sequel thread. I propose Justin Bieber vs Charlie Sheen.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #218
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104185
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104184
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104159
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1104141
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1104113
    My bold prediction for tonight's pre=season game:


    If T-Jack sucks:

    Jackson supporters will say "it's just pre-season"

    People who don't like Jackson will say "told you"


    If T-Jack plays well:

    Jackson supporters will say "told you"

    People who don't like Jackson will say "it's just pre-season"

    Regardless, it IS preseason. Superstar or suck-a-saurus, it's preseason. It means nothing.

    There is no, "I told you so" waiting here...regardless of the outcome.


    Caine
    I was never big on preseason games meaning much, regardless of who's QBing.

    But I believe you did. Remember the article that came out a few months back touting that Sage was screwed & he should have been the #2 QB because he appeared to do better than TJ in the 2010 preseason games?

    You were quite vocal about that as were others claiming that Sage did get screwed over based on those games. Those preseason games.

    No mention was made as to how they performed all offseason in TC & factoring that into the decision.

    You also had this to say;

    As for preseason '09 - Look again.

    Game 1 - Sage looked a LOT better than Jackson did.
    Game 2 - Favre showed up, Jackson played well but Sage didn't get to play. Why not?
    Game 3 - Favre played most of the game. Sage and Jackson did nothing really.
    Game 4 - Jackson played a little early, Sage played late. Sage had a pick, Jackson a TD in a losing effort. But Jackson's TD came after a fumble recovery on Dallas' 36 - a chip shot. And he led a scoring drive for another TD after an INT gave us the ball on Dallas' 25. His actual DRIVES, ones that started on our side of the 50, ended in 3-n-outs.

    So, the TRUTH is that Jackson really didn't do any better than Sage - and. as I said before, an argument can be made that Sage was screwed by Chiller so Jackson could hold the #2 spot.

    So, contrary to your last statement, I don't think that "most" agree with anything you concluded. In fact, I think that the facts speak pretty convincingly that the opposite is actually true.

    Caine
    Again, based solely on preseason games, neglecting to factor in all of the offseason.
    Singer - YOu're trying to compare apples to oranges. the preseasons mentioned above were remotely important to us because we had a QB battle going on. Either TJack or Sage were going to win that spot and the only thing we had to guage them on was training camp and preseason. Neither one ideal, but it was what it was.

    Now, it's simply Jackson out there playing in a random preseason game. There is no reason to take much away from it.
    You think that if TJ sucks and Whitehurst lights it up, he won't potentially take the starting position?
    If that's how it plays out, Whitehurst should & would get the start as it should be. Some people here though, are claiming Sage beat out TJ & Childress simply gave the job to TJ anyways because he was Childress' boy.

    That simply isn't true. In the minds of the haters, they believe it to be true, based on the little bit of competition they saw on the televised games. unfortunately for them, the coaches base their decision on what they see daily throughout the entirety of the offseason/preseason.

    Sage was brought into legitimately win the starting role or backup role as was the case when Favre came on board, and failed to do so.

    He was paid $3 mil a year, more than TJ was making to win that starting/backup role. The Vikings didn't simply pay Sage that kind of money as a facade with the intent that he'd hold a clipboard role regardless of how he did in camp against Jackson, as some here want us to believe.

    The better of the two was given the role behind Favre as it should be. The Vikings aren't in the business of putting losers of competitions higher up on the depth charts than the players they competed against.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #219
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "Prophet" #1104559
    I can hardly wait for the sequel thread. I propose Justin Bieber vs Charlie Sheen.
    First a Sno sighting with a great followup post to a great TNT post, now the Prophet shows.

    Things are getting right on PPO.

    Marrdro can be seen shedding a tear of happiness.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #220
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1104411
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104325
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1104305
    When I judge Jackson ON HIS OWN this season, it will not be by referencing Preseason numbers.

    Caine
    We all know you won't judge him fairly even if he does manage a good season. (Based on the Seahawks Oline play I witnessed, none of their QB's will. I don't even think Brady could pull it off.)

    Marrdro will never win that bet IYO.

    First off, you said "legitimate" QB. If TJ had a good year you'd still claim he had no competition in camp & was gifted the starting role, ergo no legitimacy.

    2ndly in any game he won, we'd hear once again how the receivers caught balls thrown to them, ergo it was a bailout. If the Seahawks defense happened to stop their opponents from scoring on any drives, you'd once again call that a bailout. If a FG is kicked...bailout! "Bailout" is your way of discrediting anytime Jackson did good. "Bailout" is a term you've used against 1 QB & 1 QB only in all your years on PP.O, even though the things you are calling bailouts have happened to every Vikings starting QB since their existence.

    Sorry Marty, no free beer.
    Thank you for having such a low opinion of my personal integrity. I appreciate it.

    For the record, I never used "Bailout" to discredit Jackson doing good, I used it when it was warranted - when Jackson rode someone else's coat tails.

    Let's see, when I started here, Culpepper was the QB...I stated many times that Moss made Culpepper. That's a lot like saying "bailout".

    Then we had Johnson...I flat out stated Johnson sucked in '06. Not sure that I made any excuses for him.

    In '07, I hacked on all the QBs...because they all sucked.

    Then we went with Jackson for a few more games in '08...then Frerotte. Frerotte actually LEAD the team, despite not being noted for spectacular play. Jackson, meanwhile, sucked.

    Then there was Favre in '09...go ahead, tell me who bailed him out?

    Then Favre in '10 - who I said sucked, repeatedly.

    Then Jackson came back -after MONTHS of hype and build up by YOU...and sucked.

    So...where's the smoking gun?

    Bottom line here is that you hitched your wagon to Jackson a long time ago..and I didn't. And you can't seem to get past the fact that you have been fundamentally wrong on that issue for years. Apparently it galls you so badly that you've now sunk to disparaging my character in order to try and prove a (false) point.

    Here's the thing...there are 5 opinions in the world that I give a shit about...and you aren't on that list. If Marrdro has any doubts about my ability to give Jackson a fair shake, I will let him out of the bet right now.

    Further, if I were to pull the douche-move you are claiming I will, don't you think I'll reap it here? Or are you now so far gone that you believe that I have all of PPO under my power? Maybe people agree with me because there's some truth in what I'm saying...

    Caine
    I don't have a low opinion of you're integrity at all. I just find your view point towards Jackson biased towards hatred and trying to minimize anything positive he has done, little as it may be and credit others for the win.

    There were times when Favre was "bailed out" in 09 using similar criteria you used in the Bills game. Despite the loss, the championship game was one of those times.

    Frerotte definitely had his share of "bail outs".

    BTW, I haven't hitched my wagon to TJ in the sense that you believe. I know he can do bad & good. You believe he does bad & its others that make him look good. That's where we differ.

    I never said Jackson would be great or even successful. All I ever maintained was we needed to play him, find out & move on. You don't find out while he's sitting on the bench. IMO, they should have played him the entire year in 2008 & then moved on without him in 2009 if he wasn't going to pan out.

    You don't have to value my opinion, even though you & I usually agree on most other things outside of TJ. Not asking you to. But many of those "issues" you claim I was fundamentally wrong on that you called excuses, were still inherent on the team last year. Once they occurred with Favre under center, they became more apparent.

    The HC issue may have been resolved. The OL & receiving corp issues that were there in 2008 still are there today.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. T-Jack or Not T-Jack?
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
  2. New t-jack sig.. what do you think?
    By Euphman06 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 11:32 PM
  3. T-Jack sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 10:51 AM
  4. Why does everyone love Whitehurst so much?
    By mewario in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
  5. Vikings meet with Clemson QB Whitehurst
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •