Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102843
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102393
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102388
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102367
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102362
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102349
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102273
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102254
    Looks like Caine & 13 others are wrong....

Seattle Seahawks name Tarvaris Jackson starting QB

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-30/seattle-seahawks-name-tarvaris-jackson-starting-qb
    How am I wrong? Look at the #46 post in this thread (Mine) and you'll see the following quote:

Yup, he got a job because Seattle was dumb enough to sign Bevell as the OC.

Carroll installed Jackson as the starter right away because he wanted to build "continuity". Also, did you see who the Seachickens have as QB's? Hell, I would be the starter there....

That doesn't mean he'll do well.
    Did he compete for this job? Nope...just like every other time he's been named starter, it was gifted to him.

Caine
    This is how....

Poll: If it\'s down to these two, who will start in Seattle?
    Charlie Whitehurst 14
    58.3%
    Tarvaris Jackson 10 41.7%
    I'm referring to the 14 that answered "Whitehurst" to the poll of which you are easily one.

It's irrelevant to the poll whether that position was won or gifted.
    its only irrelevant if you ignore the opening post to understand the context:

"So if it does happen to come down to Charlie Whitehurst and Tarvaris Fox Jackson III battling it out for the starting job for the Seahawks, which one do you think wins it? "

They never battled it out as was prefaced in the initial post so the results are void. I even asked for clarification in an early post and he reinforced that the poll was about a competition not a gifted spot as this appeaes to be.
    I was referring to the poll question as it was asked, not the poll question as it was interpreted along with or in addition to another post in this thread.

Like I said, gifted or not, Jackson has been named the starter, not Whitehurst
    Yup. According to the verbiage of the question, I am wrong.

However, I'm pretty sure that the results of the season will show Carrol and Bevell wrong...

B)

Caine
    Oh no Caine ... you are fully aware of how it works.

It is the offensive line's fault, the WR's fault, the coaches fault or the punter's fault.

But it is NEVER ... and I mean EEEEEEEEVVVVVVER ... T-Jack's fault.
    You must have Favre confused with Jackson.
    No one made excuses for Favre...he got crucified. Only Teflon Jackson was showered with excuses.

Caine
    Your memory that short it only goes back a few months & not from the time he got here?

I believe you your self made a post that said similarly "If he only had receivers to throw to".

There were excuses made on receivers not getting open.

There were excuses made about receivers dropping balls, especially those that touched outstretched arms.

There were excuses made on the front line not protecting the QB.

There were excuses made on him being rusty due to lack of training/preparation.

There were excuses made on him not having gelled with the team yet.

There were excuses made because of his ankle, his shoulder, his tendonitis.

There were excuses made on play calling.

There were excuses made on receivers zigging when they should have zagged.

Your memory being refreshed yet?
    Wow, talk about selective memories....

When discussing Favre last year, the VAST MAJORITY of his SUPPORTERS stated, "Favre played like crap...AND the receivers sucked, AND the O-line sucked".

When discussing Teflon Tarvaris, his supporters left off the "Tarvaris played like crap" part and went right to the other elements as EXCUSES for his poor performances.

And, FYI, the excuse about "him being rusty due to lack of training/preparation" was never used...that was BLAME that was directed straight AT him.

And play calling excuses weren't made either, because we all knew Brett changed the play at the line many times...Jackson was the ONLY beneficiary of the "play calling" excuses.

Again, my memory isn't the one needing refreshing...

Caine
    We aren't talking about just 2010 here, it includes 2009 as well. Sure some fans finally admitted Favre played like shit after losses piled up & they no longer could avoid the inevitable, but others hung on to excuses for as long as they could.

The term "rust" wasn't used to blame Favre, it was used more in the sense of giving him a free pass because of it. (See Vikings vs. Saints 2010 postgame thread)

Others in that thread talked about many things that were wrong & left Favre out of the equation.

You yourself never mentioned Favre playing bad in that thread either, but made sure you went off & bragged about all the records Favre owns when someone mentioned the INT's.
    You call it "bragged", I call it "Put it into context".

And now you're basing all of your assertions on ONE thread?

C'mon.

I bashed Favre for not coming to camp. I bashed Favre for poor play in 2010.

I LAUDED Favre for supplying a spark in '09, and taking charge of the team (Something we hadn't had a QB do since Gus Frerotte did it in '08).

But I NEVER excused Favre's poor performances. I called Favre out for bad play week after week.

I also called out the WRs, the Line, and other elements that didn't play well, but I NEVER stated or implied that those elements gave Favre a pass.

ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THAT:

The Teflon Tarvaris supporters ONLY blamed the line, WR's, Coaching, etc. "He was put in too early", "He was held out too long", "He only gets 1/3 of the play book", yada yada yada...

They NEVER said, "Jackson played like poo today", it was always, "Jackson would have been good if the line had blocked/the receivers had caught/the coach had called/etc.

And THAT is the difference.

Favre wasn't given the free passes Jackson was. And Jackson got them for FIVE YEARS!!!!! So, PLEASE, don't try and sell me on the notion that there was some sort of double standard in play here. There most certainly was not.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: T-Jack vs Whitehurst

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1103051
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103008
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102903
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102876
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102875

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-30/seattle-seahawks-name-tarvaris-jackson-starting-qb
    How am I wrong? Look at the #46 post in this thread (Mine) and you'll see the following quote:

Carroll installed Jackson as the starter right away because he wanted to build "continuity". Also, did you see who the Seachickens have as QB's? Hell, I would be the starter there....

Did he compete for this job? Nope...just like every other time he's been named starter, it was gifted to him.

Caine
    This is how....

Charlie Whitehurst 14
    58.3%
    I'm referring to the 14 that answered "Whitehurst" to the poll of which you are easily one.

"So if it does happen to come down to Charlie Whitehurst and Tarvaris Fox Jackson III battling it out for the starting job for the Seahawks, which one do you think wins it? "

They never battled it out as was prefaced in the initial post so the results are void. I even asked for clarification in an early post and he reinforced that the poll was about a competition not a gifted spot as this appeaes to be.
    I was referring to the poll question as it was asked, not the poll question as it was interpreted along with or in addition to another post in this thread.

However, I'm pretty sure that the results of the season will show Carrol and Bevell wrong...

B)

Caine

It is the offensive line's fault, the WR's fault, the coaches fault or the punter's fault.

No one made excuses for Favre...he got crucified. Only Teflon Jackson was showered with excuses.

Caine
    Your memory that short it only goes back a few months & not from the time he got here?

I believe you your self made a post that said similarly "If he only had receivers to throw to".

There were excuses made about receivers dropping balls, especially those that touched outstretched arms.

When discussing Favre last year, the VAST MAJORITY of his SUPPORTERS stated, "Favre played like crap...AND the receivers sucked, AND the O-line sucked".

When discussing Teflon Tarvaris, his supporters left off the "Tarvaris played like crap" part and went right to the other elements as EXCUSES for his poor performances.

And, FYI, the excuse about "him being rusty due to lack of training/preparation" was never used...that was BLAME that was directed straight AT him.

And play calling excuses weren't made either, because we all knew Brett changed the play at the line many times...Jackson was the ONLY beneficiary of the "play calling" excuses.

Caine
    We aren't talking about just 2010 here, it includes 2009 as well. Sure some fans finally admitted Favre played like shit after losses piled up & they no longer could avoid the inevitable, but others hung on to excuses for as long as they could.

The term "rust" wasn't used to blame Favre, it was used more in the sense of giving him a free pass because of it. (See Vikings vs. Saints 2010 postgame thread)

Others in that thread talked about many things that were wrong & left Favre out of the equation.

You yourself never mentioned Favre playing bad in that thread either, but made sure you went off & bragged about all the records Favre owns when someone mentioned the INT's.

C'mon.

I LAUDED Favre for supplying a spark in '09, and taking charge of the team (Something we hadn't had a QB do since Gus Frerotte did it in '08).

But I NEVER excused Favre's poor performances. I called Favre out for bad play week after week.

I also called out the WRs, the Line, and other elements that didn't play well, but I NEVER stated or implied that those elements gave Favre a pass.

The Teflon Tarvaris supporters ONLY blamed the line, WR's, Coaching, etc. "He was put in too early", "He was held out too long", "He only gets 1/3 of the play book", yada yada yada...

They NEVER said, "Jackson played like poo today", it was always, "Jackson would have been good if the line had blocked/the receivers had caught/the coach had called/etc.

Favre wasn't given the free passes Jackson was. And Jackson got them for FIVE YEARS!!!!! So, PLEASE, don't try and sell me on the notion that there was some sort of double standard in play here. There most certainly was not.

Caine
    I only went thru 1 thread, there's plenty more in the subsequent game threads. I know you & other Favreaholics later bashed Favre for his play, but there was still others who defended him much of the season.

And BTW, I did blame Jackson for poor performances, so don't label me as "ONLY blaming the line, WR's, Coaching, etc."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

MMMMMMMMMMMM Beeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr.

Interesting to see how the Seachickens staff is putting that team together.

On a side note, I see Bleed and Caine are still arguing with everyone. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103061

They threw their chips into the Andrew Luck lottery. At least that is what they were saying on NFLN. You know, those guys who know everything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1103051
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103008
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102903
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102876
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102875

Caine
    This is how....

Charlie Whitehurst 14
    58.3%

B)

Caine

Caine

Caine

C'mon.

Caine
    AND ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THAT

There were Jackson haters who always blamed Jackson for our losses. It was NEVER due to the OL, receivers dropping winning touchdowns, Longwell missing FG's, etc...

There was always a double standard by some. Prime example, the tipped ball off of Harvin's outstretched hands. There was a similar one that happened to Berrian or Shiancoe.

People berated the receivers for it, citing if it hits them in the hands they should have caught it. Receivers fault.....don't blame that on Favre.

Yet when a receiver gets the ball between the waste & the knees and drops it, it's TJ's fault for a piss poor pass....don't blame the receiver for that one.

What FREE passes was TJ given in 2006? In 2009? in 2010? You keep spewing he had a free ride for 5 years, yet he was given the starting role in only two of those years. In 2008 he was knee-jerked out after we lost to two very good teams.

In 2009 Sage was brought in to the tune of a $9 mil contract to unseat Jackson as the number 1 or 2 QB & failed miserably. In 2010 & another $3 mil later into his contract, he failed once again to overtake Jackson on the depth chart.

Favre was given plenty. He named was the unquestioned starter for 2009 & 2010 & despite going 0-2, he wasn't pulled like Jackson was. When we went 2-5, he still wasn't pulled, despite the fact he was playing like shit.

Favre had a hell of a FREE ride in 2010!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brett had nearly 20 years of field credibility that he had built up compared to ver little by Jackson and that will get you a few more calls and breaks.

If things change and Jackson puts together 15 or so years of above average play compared to the rest of the league then he will get the benefit of the doubt by the majority of fans. Remember, you and Marty for sure called Brett on every mistake so nobody gets 100% benefit of the doubt and Jackson will be no different no matter what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103062

They threw their chips into the Andrew Luck lottery. At least that is what they were saying on NFLN. You know, those guys who know everything lol.
    If they were throwing their chips into the "Suck for Luck Campaign", they would have re-signed Hasselbeck or signed Marc Bulger, Alex or Troy Smith, Trent Edwards, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Patrick Ramsey, Jim Sorgi, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski, Billy Volek or J.P. Losman & not signed Sidney Rice & Mike Williams

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103069
    Brett had nearly 20 years of field credibility that he had built up compared to ver little by Jackson and that will get you a few more calls and breaks.

If things change and Jackson puts together 15 or so years of above average play compared to the rest of the league then he will get the benefit of the doubt by the majority of fans. Remember, you and Marty for sure called Brett on every mistake so nobody gets 100% benefit of the doubt and Jackson will be no different no matter what he does.
    One thing you'll find is that I call everyone out on mistakes. Not sure why anyone would think that I would let the Noodle go scott free?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103069

Nope, not at all. There were plenty of times I blamed OL play & WR play & not Favre, where many fans here would have blamed Jackson if he was the one behind center on those plays.

There's a reason every QB we've had & started since Culpepper, has gotten injured & mauled behind or OL & it's not simply because of the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103062

I don't know. Did you see Dukes and (old Bores WR) can't remember his name right now, talking about how the team was being put together?

They are gearing to run pretty much the same offense we are. Multiple TE sets. TE's who can block first, catch second, WR's who block downfield, shored up OL with run blockers.

I think it will be interesting to watch both offenses (ours/Seachikens) and see how they fare as both are gearing up to mimick what the Pats did last year when it comes to the passing game.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast