Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cut and wants to be a Viking

vikinggreg wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Screw that. He screwed us over last year and then sucked eggs in Seattle.

I hope the Vikings give him a big F U when he calls.
    If he improves the team I'm all for it, his past is in the past.(also applies to favre)

Since he was cut does that mean his contract is meaningless, or would we still have to pay big bucks?
    He isn't tied to any contract and is now a free agent
    Seattle is on the hook for $7M. That much I know for sure. From what I understand if another team signs him they can sign for the league minimum and Seattle would have to make up the difference to $7M. I'm not positive though.

wcucarter is offline Waterboy

Bengals fan here...I posted a bit last year before the cincy-minny game. Housh is a cancer. He's bad news for the locker room and chemistry of a team. There's no doubt he played some good ball here, but his ego is huge. When he has to sit behind Harvin, you'll never hear the end of it. The folks in Seattle found that out quickly. I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful in Minnesota, I'm saying he might not be worth the headaches. Even though he was wildly successful here, he burned a lot of bridges when he left, and I'd imagine 90% of folks around here wouldn't want him back for the league minimum. Just my 2 cents. Good luck this season!
    None

Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

ejmat wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

If he improves the team I'm all for it, his past is in the past.(also applies to favre)

Since he was cut does that mean his contract is meaningless, or would we still have to pay big bucks?
    Seattle is on the hook for $7M. That much I know for sure. From what I understand if another team signs him they can sign for the league minimum and Seattle would have to make up the difference to $7M. I'm not positive though.
    That's what I read, too. So if they want to, the Vikings could sign him for the veteran minimum and the Seahawks would be stuck paying most of salary for a player on the Vikings roster!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

What I want to know is why did he get cut if he is all that and a bag of chips?

WWBGD

Brewtal is offline Starter

Paying a guy 7 million to not be on your team says a lot. There must be something to the what the guy from Cincy is saying about being a cancer. That is from someone who had OchoStinko on his team as well.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Purple Mk1 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

That's what I read, too. So if they want to, the Vikings could sign him for the veteran minimum and the Seahawks would be stuck paying most of salary for a player on the Vikings roster!
    As if Housh would take Veteren minimum.

However, I'd LOVE to do that, just to rub it into the Seahawks more. That poison Pill stuff just doesn't go away

VikingGlen is offline Waterboy

wcucarter wrote:
    Bengals fan here...Housh is a cancer. He's bad news for the locker room and chemistry of a team. There's no doubt he played some good ball here, but his ego is huge...
    The same thing was said about Favre both before and after he came here, but the team loves him enough that they sent three of our big name people to Mississippi to drag him back here in spite of the fact that Grandpa Favre wanted to stay home with his grandson.

I'm not saying you're wrong. We need to meet with him and have a good heart to heart. If you get a talented person in the right environment they can shine. In the wrong environment, they grate.

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

wcucarter wrote:
    Bengals fan here...I posted a bit last year before the cincy-minny game. Housh is a cancer. He's bad news for the locker room and chemistry of a team. There's no doubt he played some good ball here, but his ego is huge. When he has to sit behind Harvin, you'll never hear the end of it. The folks in Seattle found that out quickly. I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful in Minnesota, I'm saying he might not be worth the headaches. Even though he was wildly successful here, he burned a lot of bridges when he left, and I'd imagine 90% of folks around here wouldn't want him back for the league minimum. Just my 2 cents. Good luck this season!
    This coming from someones team that recently signed the NFL's alleged biggest cancer as in T.O. I like and have always liked TO so I don't really buy into the stories about him. As far as Housh, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Maybe we will never know, but I bet if he becomes a Viking there are no problems. You see winning seems to make even the worst bad boys behave, and winning ball games is what the Vikes are gonna be doing this fall.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Re: T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cut and wants to be a Viking

Given that Walker was cut, I expect this deal to go through. If Housh does turn out to be a "cancer" of some sort, he can be dropped when Rice returns.

No matter what the terms of the contract he may get, he'd still receive the full $7 mil he was contracted to with Seattle, the difference being paid by the Seahawks, so he has no real reason to demand anything, especially on a one year deal.

If for no other reason than to stick the 'Hawks again, I say go for it. That ridiculous poison pill stunt they pulled on us still chaps my ass. PP's are one thing, but making one based on GEOGRAPHY? Screw them.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Re: T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cut and wants to be a Viking

Given that Walker was cut, I expect this deal to go through. If Housh does turn out to be a "cancer" of some sort, he can be dropped when Rice returns.

No matter what the terms of the contract he may get, he'd still receive the full $7 mil he was contracted to with Seattle, the difference being paid by the Seahawks, so he has no real reason to demand anything, especially on a one year deal.

If for no other reason than to stick the 'Hawks again, I say go for it. That ridiculous poison pill stunt they pulled on us still chaps my ass. PP's are one thing, but making one based on GEOGRAPHY? Screw them.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast