Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "Suspensions Are Coming"

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    You are the one who keeps assuming that the NFL needs to police behavior that the law enforcement agencies are responsible for.
    The NFL needs to leave that part to the proper authorities.
    Players will get punished accordingly by the law.
    What the NFL needs to focus on is issues that affect ON THE FIELD indiscretions.
    To punish off the field indescretions more so than on the field ones is just backward.
    And even though the off the field issues are more egregious to our society as a whole, the enforcement of violations of such don't fall under the purvey of what the NFL needs to be focusing on to improve the game itself.
    So - rather than making sure their players aren't a bunch of criminals, the NFL needs to call more holding penalties?

=Z=
    Wouldn't that be great.
    Talk about reinforcing the belief that as long as you can play at a high level, you are outside the law...

EDIT:
    I think this is exactly what we were doing prior to Goodell anyway.
    Not worry about off the field stuff, just what is on the field.
    This type of burying their head in the sand is one of the biggest reasons we had no culture of accountability in the NFL.
    Doing the reverse doesn't make the game any better either.
    Ideally, they punish BOTH types adequately, BUT first and foremost, their job is to ensure that the ON THE FIELD product is free from reproach.
    To skip over that is irresponsible to the NFL fans.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    You are the one who keeps assuming that the NFL needs to police behavior that the law enforcement agencies are responsible for.
    What the NFL needs to focus on is issues that affect ON THE FIELD indiscretions.
    To punish off the field indescretions more so than on the field ones is just backward.
    And even though the off the field issues are more egregious to our society as a whole, the enforcement of violations of such don't fall under the purvey of what the NFL needs to be focusing on to improve the game itself.
    So - rather than making sure their players aren't a bunch of criminals, the NFL needs to call more holding penalties?
    Wouldn't that be great.
    Talk about reinforcing the belief that as long as you can play at a high level, you are outside the law...

EDIT:
    This type of burying their head in the sand is one of the biggest reasons we had no culture of accountability in the NFL.
    Ideally, they punish BOTH types adequately, BUT first and foremost, their job is to ensure that the ON THE FIELD product is free from reproach.
    Then the highest priority for the NFL should be to employ full-time refs.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Wouldn't that be great.

EDIT:
    Then the highest priority for the NFL should be to employ full-time refs.

=Z=
    I agree with that one wholeheartedly.
    But that wouldn't fix this particular issue, as it is a glitch in the administrative processes at the highest levels, not a "holding call" issue.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    But that wouldn't fix this particular issue, as it is a glitch in the administrative processes at the highest levels, not a "holding call" issue.
    See - here's where we differ:

I think "Spygate" is OVER.
    DONE.
    FINITO.
    The Patriots taping of Defensive signals during regular season games was detected, investigated and punished.
    And now a system is in place to remove Defensive signal-calling from the sidelines.

The integrity of the actual play of the game is affected on EVERY SINGLE PLAY by the referees.
    Why wouldn't making sure that those referees are 100% professional and free from the (potential) influence of big-money outside interests by the top priority?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

DONE.
    FINITO.
    The Patriots taping of Defensive signals during regular season games was detected, investigated and punished.
    And now a system is in place to remove Defensive signal-calling from the sidelines.

The integrity of the actual play of the game is affected on EVERY SINGLE PLAY by the referees.
    Why wouldn't making sure that those referees are 100% professional and free from the (potential) influence of big-money outside interests by the top priority?

=Z=
    Here is where we differ:

The Holocaust is ALSO done...but do we want to forget that?
    Obviously, what I mention is MUCH MORE SERIOUS, but in the microcosm of the NFL, cheating of the magnitude of Spygate should never be forgotten.
    Besides, Belicheck should never get a pass on his blatant cheating ways and should never be trusted again.
    Just ask diehard Pats (and Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins) fan, Kevin Hench.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

DONE.
    FINITO.

=Z=
    Here is where we differ:

The Holocaust is ALSO done...but do we want to forget that?

Obviously, what I mention is MUCH MORE SERIOUS, but in the microcosm of the NFL, cheating of the magnitude of Spygate should never be forgotten.
    Besides, Belicheck should never get a pass on his blatant cheating ways and should never be trusted again.
    Just ask diehard Pats (and Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins) fan, Kevin Hench.
    Jesus Christ.

The Holocaust?
    Seriously?
    You want to compare taping defensive signals from the sideline to the persecution, torture and murder of 11 million people?
    Do you really have no shame?
    Just because you qualify it with "Obviously, what I mention is MUCH MORE SERIOUS" doesn't make it OK to put the two together.

I used to think that your irrational hatred toward Belichick had some kind of boundary.
    Now I know it doesn't.
    Your hatred is truly that - unbridled hatred.
    You are so infected by your own blind hate that every conversation with you about it turns into a nasty argument.
    You are unwilling or unable to consider any other point of view that does not fuel your hate machine.

I am constrained by rational thought, so I guess I will concede to you.
    I simply cannot compete with your distorted kind of logic.
    The are other people on here with whom I disagree with from time to time... C Mad, Uffda, Z, Marrdro, etc... But while I thoroughly enjoy my discussions from them, and have learned something from each of them, somehow that is lacking in any of our discussions regarding Belichick.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567