Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "Suspensions Are Coming"

"marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Yeah you don't have to actually be found guilty of anything. You just have to be black.
    Yeah, that worked out so bad for Pacman Jones.

Smart people (of any color) don't normally put themselves into situations where they can't reasonably control the outcomes.
    McKinnie should have not put himself in that situation.
    Similarly, Pacman's resumption of visiting strip clubs (as rumored) will no doubt end up badly.
    That's just stupid, stubborn and ignorant of him (and color has nothing to do with that foolish decision).
    I visit strips clubs and it usually ends in me losing a lot of money.
    You aren't famous...sorry.
    I was just making a point that it does end up badly even for me.
    Well - I think you're supposed to "make it rain" with dolla bills, not pennies.
    That's more of a hail storm than rain.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Well, I think that McKinnie's reaching for the "Pretrial Diversion Program" includes some admission of guilt.
    Its like, Yeah, I ~messed up~ up, and I'm doing this to correct it and make sure it does not happen again!

But, that also, should bode well for the length of the suspension...IF he's getting the counseling and doing the programs pointed out for him, then he should get a bit of a benefit of the doubt.
    Fact is, he has gotten most of his charges dropped over the years, and the Love Boat incident was before Goodell's term...supposedly, players aren't going to be punished for what happened before...?
    There should be NO suspensions, only fining of game checks.
    Why should fans suffer for the stupidity of individual players?
    Besides, if Belichick got only fined instead of suspended, why should any players be suspended?
    Oh wait, I forgot....Belichick is white.
    Hmmmm?
    Mayb lil harsh IS onto something?

Come on Caj.
    Must you turn every topic into an attack on Belichick?
    Not even comparable here.
    Apples to Oranges.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Well, I think that McKinnie's reaching for the "Pretrial Diversion Program" includes some admission of guilt.
    Its like, Yeah, I ~messed up~ up, and I'm doing this to correct it and make sure it does not happen again!

But, that also, should bode well for the length of the suspension...IF he's getting the counseling and doing the programs pointed out for him, then he should get a bit of a benefit of the doubt.
    Fact is, he has gotten most of his charges dropped over the years, and the Love Boat incident was before Goodell's term...supposedly, players aren't going to be punished for what happened before...?
    Besides, if Belichick got only fined instead of suspended, why should any players be suspended?
    Hmmmm?

Come on Caj.
    Apples to Oranges.
    That was a JOKE, dumb fuck.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=litlharsh link=topic=47396.msg826706#msg826706 date=1220018771]
    Yeah you don't have to actually be found guilty of anything. You just have to be black.
    Yeah, that worked out so bad for Pacman Jones.

Smart people (of any color) don't normally put themselves into situations where they can't reasonably control the outcomes.
    McKinnie should have not put himself in that situation.
    Similarly, Pacman's resumption of visiting strip clubs (as rumored) will no doubt end up badly.
    That's just stupid, stubborn and ignorant of him (and color has nothing to do with that foolish decision).
    I visit strips clubs and it usually ends in me losing a lot of money.
    You aren't famous...sorry.
    I was just making a point that it does end up badly even for me.
    Well - I think you're supposed to "make it rain" with dolla bills, not pennies.
    That's more of a hail storm than rain.

=Z=
    [/quote]

I like to use dimes.

I like to use 50-cent pieces.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Hmmmm?

Come on Caj.
    Apples to Oranges.
    Why is it not comparable?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Hmmmm?

Come on Caj.
    Apples to Oranges.
    Among other things, one broke an NFL rule, the other broke the law and could have killed somebody.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Hmmmm?
    Come on Caj.
    Apples to Oranges.
    Among other things, one broke an NFL rule, the other broke the law and could have killed somebody.
    You can't make that argument until he's convicted though.

One did break an NFL rule...

One "may" have broken the code of personal conduct whether he did or did not break the law.
    If would seem intuitive that breaking an NFL rule is against their code of personal conduct.
    How do you justify having a harsher punishment for only breaking the code of personal conduct than someone who broke an NFL rule and also therefore broke the code of personal conduct?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Approximately 70% of the NFL is black.

To say you have to be black to be suspended is ridiculous. If there are that many black players, of course more of them will be suspended. Jared Allen and Ryan Tucker were suspended last season. Matt Jones and Nick Kaczur will be suspended for part of this season.

To label Goodell a racist is completely ridiculous, and you should know better than to make a post like that.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Hmmmm?

Come on Caj.
    Apples to Oranges.
    That is against the law.
    The classic example of cheating in business was the situation with Enron. Cheating is seen in sports, business, politics, war and other competitions. It all should be dealt with in the same manner. Yes I know one did far more damage than the other but that should not matter in my opinion. Bill should have been suspended. Plain and simple.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast