Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

surprise players

10 biggest surprise players of the year????(ESPN)

10- Julius Jones (Dal) Injured and behind E.George
    9 - McGahee - coming back from injury and behind T.Henry
    8 - Droughns - 16 total rush yards in 4 career starts before this season.
    7 - Bettis - back up to Staley
    6 - Trotter - ????????? re-emergence
    5 - Goings - Back up to the back up's back up's back up.
    4 - Brees - Rivers sidekick????? If he didn't hold out who knows which clipboard Brees would have in his hands.
    3 - Bennett - Touchdown man the last 4 weeks and has been injured off and on all season.
    2 - Gates - 74 receptions, Tony who????
    1 - Roethlesberger - Rookie not even coveted.

Others, Palmer turned it on and Tiki wasn't expected to be the starter. The Giants (Manning) ruined his season.

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

surprise players

i would have to say the biggest surprise was....burleson. he stepped up big when we needed him most. i didnt expect him to do that well

surprise players

"rkuriger04" wrote:
    i would have to say the biggest surprise was....burleson. he stepped up big when we needed him most. i didnt expect him to do that well
    I say that Wiggins is the biggest Vikings surprise. No Klienny and then our #2 Berton went down. Wiggins was the 3rd TE when the season started. Someone miss judged his talent. I think he has proven to us that a pass catching TE is a nice addition. Like a Steve Jordan.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

surprise players

Peyton manning not even on the list??? I know he was already great, but come on, he is gonna shatter Marino's TD record. He deserves to be #1 for that. Brees is a close 2nd, considering he wouldn't have even started if rivers would have come into camp on time. Roethlisberger would be my 3rd, considering I was the one calling him a bust during the draft. Boy was I wrong!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

surprise players

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Peyton manning not even on the list??? I know he was already great, but come on, he is gonna shatter Marino's TD record. He deserves to be #1 for that. Brees is a close 2nd, considering he wouldn't have even started if rivers would have come into camp on time. Roethlisberger would be my 3rd, considering I was the one calling him a bust during the draft. Boy was I wrong!
    Oh yeah and curtis martin would be my 4th. He is the oldest RB to rush for 1500 yards, and he still has 2 games left! I thought he was about done before this year started. Never thought he would get 1500-1700 yards.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

surprise players

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Oh yeah and curtis martin would be my 4th. He is the oldest RB to rush for 1500 yards, and he still has 2 games left! I thought he was about done before this year started. Never thought he would get 1500-1700 yards.
    Gotta love "My Favorite Martin"...and we coudda had Trotter for a song :x :angryfire:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

surprise players

I think there should be another on the list of 10, probably in the top 5. He is the man that has helped D.Bennett have his success. He is none other than the QB Volek.

Volek has been awesome in just about every game he has played in except the game against the Vikes. He just wasn't ready for that game or something.

He is a legitimate starter next year for the Titans when and if McNair retires.

surprise players

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    True they are having spectacular seasons.

I think that the reason Martin and Manning were not on the list is because you atleast knew they had a chance to do something. The others all are having like a break out season. Stepping it up in the time, in the time, in the time of NEED.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

surprise players

I think Brees should at least be #2, if that guy lost 3 games in a row he would have been riding the pine for that loser Rivers, instead he stepped up big time.

Also people knew Roethlisberger would be good, just look at his scouting reports, however the Chargers are retarded and the Giants were blnded by the "Manning" on Eli's back.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

scorptile is offline Starter

surprise players

what about edgerin james?? everyone didnt think he could do what he used to do and he ended up getting second in rushing. and what about the hidden WR in brandon stokley aka "the slot machine" and what about reggie wayne *starts chanting "reggie reggie"* lol there were alot of players that could easily have made that list...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast