Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Supplemental Draft, July 13.

All 32 NFL teams will get one more chance to add young talent to their rosters with the annual Supplemental Draft, scheduled for Thursday, July 13.

...Just like April's NFL Draft, there are seven rounds in the Supplemental Draft. Teams issue a "pass" if they choose not to select a player with their draft pick. The NFL uses last April's draft order in determining the order of selection. That means the Houston Texans will have the first chance to pick a player from this year's pool.

Here's the risk: if a team uses a pick, it forfeits a pick in the corresponding round in the April 2007 NFL Draft...

All-time Top 5 supplemental draft picks
    1. Bernie Kosar, QB, Cleveland
    (1985 Supplemental Draft, 1st Round)

2. Cris Carter, WR, Philadelphia
    (1987 Supplemental Draft, 4th Round)

3 (tied). Jamal Williams, DT, San Diego & Mike Wahle, OL, Green Bay
    (1998 Supplemental Draft, 2nd Round)

4. Bobby Humphrey, RB, Denver
    (1989 Supplemental Draft, 1st Round)

5. Rob Moore, WR, NY Jets
    (1990 Supplemental Draft, 1st round)

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Supplemental Draft, July 13.

"Prophet" wrote:
    All 32 NFL teams will get one more chance to add young talent to their rosters with the annual Supplemental Draft, scheduled for Thursday, July 13.

All-time Top 5 supplemental draft picks
    1. Bernie Kosar, QB, Cleveland
    (1985 Supplemental Draft, 1st Round)

2. Cris Carter, WR, Philadelphia
    (1987 Supplemental Draft, 4th Round)

3 (tied). Jamal Williams, DT, San Diego & Mike Wahle, OL, Green Bay
    (1998 Supplemental Draft, 2nd Round)

4. Bobby Humphrey, RB, Denver
    (1989 Supplemental Draft, 1st Round)

5. Rob Moore, WR, NY Jets

I don't have one of the snarky "Groundhog Day" graphics, but this has already been posted.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23900&highl ight=supplemental

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

lol, I knew I read that somewhere before. I must be losing it. At least the first article is new, just posted in the wrong place.

twill is offline Starter

i want ahmad brooks. hes going to be a stud

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"twill" wrote:
    i want ahmad brooks. hes going to be a stud
    When Brooks held his workout for NFL team..... there was only one team missing..... Yep the Vikings. Although it could be a nice pick-up, The Vikings are apparently showing no interest.

Thanks Lotza!

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

or the vikings are fooling everyone and picking him up in the 1st round when other are going to try and get him for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick

Later there were conflicting reports on exactly how many teams attended his workout. Based on this, I can't say if the Vikings scouts were in attendance or not.

He might be a nice pickup, but right now I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Prophet Guest

POSTED 7:36 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:15 a.m. EDT, July 13, 2006
    SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TODAY
    Mike Florio

The annual Supplemental Draft unfolds today, with seven players in the mix. The most recognizable candidate is former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who was kicked out of school following an injury-shortened 2005 season.

Considered by some scouts as one of the top linebacking prospects in years, the concern is whether Brooks can put behind him the demons that resulted in his dismissal from the Cavaliers. As one league source told us, "You don't know whether you're getting Lawrence Taylor or Lawrence Phillips."

And there continue to be concerns regarding Brooks' inability during his Pro Day workout to perform some of the running drills without specific and explicit instruction on how to do so -- even though he had been working with a trainer to get ready for the session for weeks.

There also is confusion as to the number of teams that attended the workout. We initially heard that everyone but the Bears showed up. Gil Brandt reported that everyone but the Vikings was there. Brooks' agent said that only 22 teams were present. We've since confirmed that the Bears weren't there, even though the agent claims the Bears are interested. We've also confirmed that the Vikings weren't there either, since they don't think he fits in their system and they are concerned about his history.

Now, Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi says that only 18 teams were present.

We also continue to hear that Brooks' former coach at Virginia, Al Groh, isn't doing Brooks any favors by giving his NFL contacts bad reviews regarding the player. Moreover, Brooks has had trouble with his weight. Though he got it under control in time for his Pro Day, the crash course to drop pounds might have left him weaker for the workout than he should have been.

In the end, though, none of it will stop him from getting drafted; he's got too much potential to ignore. Our guess? He'll go in the late fourth or early fifth round. The most likely candidates are the 49ers, Dolphins, and Giants.

The fun begins at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Check back for updates as it unfolds.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I say we should burn a second-rounder on him...can't be worse than Demetrius Underwood!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i dont want him. were trying to rebuild. hes a guy were you need to already be on your way and able to devote more time to him to help him out.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast