Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show ever

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Unbelievable that M.A.S.H. is still in the top spot 25 years later.
    Did anyone else see the segment of pregame where they did a news piece on the economy, one bad thing after another about job losses, falling profits, increased foreclosers followed immediately by the announcement that NBC set record for advertising revenue(200+million). I wonder how much a 30 second ad during the final M.A.S.H episode cost.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_Farewell_and_Amen
    The anticipation and buildup to the airing of "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" was almost unprecedented, especially for a regular television series (in contrast to an awards show, sporting event, or special event). Interest from advertisers prompted CBS, the network that aired M*A*S*H, to sell 30-second commercial blocks for $450,000 (about $906,000 in 2006) each – a higher cost than even for the Super Bowl of that year.[5]
    [youtube=425,350]LjeAKrmu1o0[/youtube]

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show e

How can that be when this year's Super Bowl didn't even get as many viewers as last year's?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show ever

funny..... even NFL.com says it was only the second most watched superbowl ever, except for last years, and last years superbowl was #2 all time behind MASH, so somebody is wrong here

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e89a4f&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

List of most-watched television broadcasts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-watched_television_broadcasts

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Unbelievable that M.A.S.H. is still in the top spot 25 years later.
    Did anyone else see the segment of pregame where they did a news piece on the economy, one bad thing after another about job losses, falling profits, increased foreclosers followed immediately by the announcement that NBC set record for advertising revenue(200+million). I wonder how much a 30 second ad during the final M.A.S.H episode cost.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_Farewell_and_Amen
    The anticipation and buildup to the airing of "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" was almost unprecedented, especially for a regular television series (in contrast to an awards show, sporting event, or special event). Interest from advertisers prompted CBS, the network that aired M*A*S*H, to sell 30-second commercial blocks for $450,000 (about $906,000 in 2006) each – a higher cost than even for the Super Bowl of that year.[5]
    [youtube=425,350]LjeAKrmu1o0[/youtube]
    Wow, that still gives me chills.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    funny..... even NFL.com says it was only the second most watched superbowl ever, except for last years, and last years superbowl was #2 all time behind MASH, so somebody is wrong here

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e89a4f&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    Dunno, but I actually hope that M.A.S.H. is still on top.
    It was truly brillent.
    I wonder if they look at pure numbers or take percentages into account.
    My guess is that a larger percentage of Americans watched M.A.S.H. because of a smaller population and fewer tevelision households.
    I would bet that that percentage will never be topped.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

It was truly brillent.
    My guess is that a larger percentage of Americans watched M.A.S.H. because of a smaller population and fewer tevelision households.
    Alan Alda might be one of my least favorite people in the history of humanity.

He's smug and arrogant.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

It was truly brillent.

He's smug and arrogant.
    less than your father?
    El underdog.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

It was truly brillent.

He's smug and arrogant.
    I have heard that before about him.
    As a human then he fails.
    But as an actor portraying a surgeon in the Korean war, he was amazing.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

It was truly brillent.

He's smug and arrogant.
    I have heard that before about him.
    As a human then he fails.
    But as an actor portraying a surgeon in the Korean war, he was amazing.
    Hahaha, literally laughed out loud at that.

"El" wrote:
    less than your father?
    Nah, I think I dislike Alda more than the Chiller... When Childress comes out with a book called, "Things Overheard While Talking to Myself"... I'll hate him as much as Alda.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast