Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show ever

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/03/super-bowl-xliii-now-most-watched-ever/12044

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/03/super-bowl-xliii-most-viewed-show-ever/

From TVByTheNumbers.com comes news that NBC is touting Super Bowl XLIII not only as the most-watched Super Bowl ever, but also the most-viewed television show in history.

Per an NBC release, the average audience of 98.7 million viewers beats last year’s 97.5 million who viewed FOX’s broadcast of the epic Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.

Nielsen Media research also estimates a total audience of 151.6 million for Super Bowl XLIII.

Though the 1983 finale of M*A*S*H averaged 102 million viewers, the total audience was estimated at only (only?) 122 million.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show ever

Unbelievable that M.A.S.H. is still in the top spot 25 years later.
    Did anyone else see the segment of pregame where they did a news piece on the economy, one bad thing after another about job losses, falling profits, increased foreclosers followed immediately by the announcement that NBC set record for advertising revenue(200+million). I wonder how much a 30 second ad during the final M.A.S.H episode cost.

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show e

go mash!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show ever

Your title says it beats MASH.

But the numbers don't?

Am I missing something?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

If Radar hadn't gone home before the end they would have had more

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    It was a truly amazing finale.
    People talk about Cheers and Friends nowadays as some of the greats, but the M.A.S.H. finale was absolutely brilliant.
    When Peirce realizes that the Korean woman he yelled at smothered her own baby to keep it quiet and he breaks down... wow.

If there is anyone who hasn't seen it, it is a MUST SEE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_Farewell_and_Amen
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your title says it beats MASH.

But the numbers don't?

Am I missing something?
    Super Bowl XLIII total viewership - 151.6 million
    M.A.S.H. finale - 122 million
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Re: Super Bowl XLIII beats out series finale of M.A.S.H. for most watched show e

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    People talk about Cheers and Friends nowadays as some of the greats, but the M.A.S.H. finale was absolutely brilliant.
    When Peirce realizes that the Korean woman he yelled at smothered her own baby to keep it quiet and he breaks down... wow.

i agree. that was a really special final episode to a amazing show.
    plus with everyone saying goodbye for a final time. that was truely touching.
    and with the stones placed at the end of the episode i believe spelling out "goodbye"

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Did anyone else see the segment of pregame where they did a news piece on the economy, one bad thing after another about job losses, falling profits, increased foreclosers followed immediately by the announcement that NBC set record for advertising revenue(200+million). I wonder how much a 30 second ad during the final M.A.S.H episode cost.
    The anticipation and buildup to the airing of "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" was almost unprecedented, especially for a regular television series (in contrast to an awards show, sporting event, or special event). Interest from advertisers prompted CBS, the network that aired M*A*S*H, to sell 30-second commercial blocks for $450,000 (about $906,000 in 2006) each – a higher cost than even for the Super Bowl of that year.[5]
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

I could have sworn I watched it when it first aired but I was born in 81 so I couldn't have. I must have seen it later on, it was a great episode though. Still the people watching couldn't have known that. It was just such a popular show.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast