Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Summary NFCN Power Rankings for week 7

=Z=, didn't see yours anywhere, so here's a look at the take on the power rankings wannabes.

[size=12pt]ESPN[/size]

Bears 1
    Team of destiny? Maybe. But that's slighting this Bears defense, which left people searching for new adjectives after its second-half performance on "Monday Night Football."

Vikings 18
    We'll find out a lot about the Vikings in the next two weeks when they visit Seattle and host New England.

Lions 25
    Hmmm, Roy Williams didn't say anything dumb, went out and had a big game against the Bills, and the Lions won. Coincidence?

Packers 31
    If the Packers keep losing, how long before the whispers that Brett Favre should step aside for Aaron Rodgers begin?

[size=12pt]CBS Sportsline[/size]

Bears 1
    That's what you call stealing one Monday night. Was that an offensive aberration or something to worry about? We'll find out.

Vikings 18
    Coming off the bye, they have to hope the work they put in on the offense will start to produce more points. The defense has played well.

Lions 28
    The Lions got their first victory and they did it with offense. Too bad it was overshadowed by the Tigers.

Packers 30
    The bye week was good for this reeling team. The slow start was expected since this is a young squad, so patience is needed.

[size=12pt]Fox Sports[/size]

Bears 1
    Incredible win on Monday night for ‘Da Bears. Rex Grossman looked awful, the running game was non-existent, and the receivers dropped balls from start to finish. But the defense and special teams showed up, and showed up big. Overcoming a 20-point second half deficit, returning two turnovers for scores, and taking a fourth quarter punt to the house — Chicago pulled off a miracle in the desert. Brian Urlacher — a legitimate MVP candidate at this point — recorded an unheard-of 19 tackles on Monday night. Good teams win the games they’re supposed to win. Great teams win the ones they shouldn’t. Chicago’s winning ‘em all.

Vikings 18
    The Vikings survived their bye week with no arrests, no boat-related incidents, and no suspended players. It’s a new era in Minny. The Vikings play Seattle on Sunday, in what should be a true fork in the road for their season. A win and they’re a playoff team on the verge. A loss and they’re back on the path to a top 15 draft pick come April. It’s like one of those “Choose Your Own Adventure” books. Or not at all.

Packers 30
    For perspective on the Packers season, we turn to FOXSports.com’s resident Packer fan, senior editor Jimmy Reineking, “What's that horrible smell coming from Green Bay? No, it's not rotting cheeseheads. It's that horrific stench of defeat from Week 5's debacle against the Rams that the Packers will attempt to eradicate against the equally hapless Dolphins on Sunday.” So what exactly does the horrific stench of defeat smell like?

Lions 31
    Great times in the city of Detroit last weekend. On Saturday, the Tigers knocked off the A’s, advancing to their first World Series since 1984 and the Wolverines rolled over Penn State to remain undefeated. On Sunday, the Lions got their first win of the season — beating Buffalo 20-17.

[size=12pt]Dr. Z, SI[/size]

Bears 1
    Brian Urlacher looked like the greatest linebacker who ever played Monday night. Which is what happens when a guy doesn't get blocked. There would be about 350 college linebackers in that boat, given similar lack of attention. But don't expect Moe, Larry and Curly on ESPN to figure that out. They were too busy getting Touchdown Charley Barkley's slant on how things were going. For tomorrow's column I was going to do a man-to-man matchup on how the Bears' defense compared with that of the 1985 unit. I've bagged it. What are you, kidding?

Vikings 15
    Another bye team. What were there, 20 of them last week?

Packers 26
    In far less exciting fashion, we come to the Pack and their bye week. And just as thrillingly, we move on to ...

Lions 29
    The strange saga of massive USC wideout and former first-round draft choice Mike Williams. Guess what number on the WR list he is now? Top three, you say? Uh, no. Those spots go to Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Az-Zahir Hakim. Certainly not four? Certainly not. That position belongs to rookie free agent Shaun Bodiford. Five? Another street rook, Devale Ellis. Tell me it's not six. It's not. Six goes to return man Eddie Drummond. Oh, I got it. Williams is permanently inactive. No, he's No. 7 after one pass was thrown to him Sunday, belt high, and he dropped it. I told you it was strange.

[size=12pt]About.com[/size]

Bears 1
    You have to believe there’s a little magic in this season for the Bears, but Rex Grossman has got to stop throwing the ball up for grabs so consistently. His bad habit finally caught up to him Monday night.

Vikings 18
    The good news is the Vikings survived their bye week with no new scandals and the team returns in relatively good shape health-wise. The bad news is their defense has nearly as many touchdowns (3) as their offense (4).

Packers 27
    This is a team that has given up 138 points through five games. And although they have a relatively weak stretch coming up on their schedule, don’t look for them to make any sort of consistent run.

Lions 30
    Despite all the flack he has taken for his failed guarantees, wide receiver Roy Williams is blossoming into one of the more dangerous receivers in the league.

[size=12pt]Gridiron Grumblings[/size]

Bears 1
    Vikings 14
    Packers 25
    Lions 28

[size=12pt]Football Outsiders[/size]

Bears 2
    Vikings 19
    Lions 22
    Packers 26
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Summary NFCN Power Rankings for week 7

It looks like everyone has us rated about the same place which I think is fair. Our offense hasn't proved anything much on the field yet.
    I still don't think the Bears are the #1 team in the NFL.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    =Z=, didn't see yours anywhere, so here's a look at the take on the power rankings wannabes.
    We're tied for 12th.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=28304.0

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    We're tied for 12th.

=Z=
    It appears that the experts are ranking the Vikings lower than the Genius.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    We're tied for 12th.

=Z=
    It appears that the experts are ranking the Vikings lower than the Genius.
    The subtlety of my "The Final Word Poll" is lost on the experts who are too busy expertin' to grasp the simple, yet brilliant, way that I break it down.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The way I see it, we're really right where we should be at 3-2.
    We basically lost 2 games we should have won (Buffalo and Chicago), and won 2 games we should have lost (Carolina, Washington).
    Of course I'd like to be 4-1 or 5-0 right now, but I'll take 3-2.
    We've just got to take care of business over the next few weeks.
    I'm really excited about this weekend, no Vikings last weekend, and no Browns to tide me over, it was a very strange weekend for football.

542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6