Prophet Guest

Sullivan secures his All-Turd Trophy

POSTED 10:20 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:30 a.m. EDT, June 29, 2006

SULLIVAN SECURES HIS ALL-TURD TROPHY
    Mike Florio

Although Patriots defensive tackle Johnathan Sullivan isn't the guy who recently asked for a trophy to commemorate his addition to the PFT 2006 All-Turd Team, we're now in the market for a bronzed pile of poo in light of Sullivan's recent arrest on charges of marijuana possession, running two stop signs, not wearing a seat belt (does the fact that it doesn't fit him constitute a defense?), and playing his music too loud.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Sullivan was busted on those charges Sunday morning in Griffin, Georgia.

Per the report, an officer saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs, without stopping. After pulling him over, the officer asked Sullivan if he had any weapons. Sullivan said "yes," and he gave a handgun to the officer. The officer then asked whether there was anything illegal in the car. Sullivan said "no" -- and then he gave the cop permission to search the car.

To borrow a line from one of the best movies we've seen in years, "Tractors is so dumb."

We say that because, while searching the car with Sullivan's permission, the officer found a bag of marijuana.

Earlier this month, the Patriots acquired Sullivan, the sixth overall pick in the 2003 draft, from the Saints for receiver Bethel Johnson, a second-round selection that same year. Though Johnson was a bust and it made sense for the Pats to move him, the team now faces the relatively unusual problem of having on the roster a bona fide turd.

Our guess is that he won't be on the roster for very long.

In adding Sullivan to our All-Turd Team earlier this week, we wrote: "Ate his way out of New Orleans. Will surely find a way to squander his second chance in New England."

So thanks, Johnathan, for making us look like we know what we're doing. It might be your biggest accomplishment since joining the NFL, which based on your overall body of work doesn't mean much.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Sullivan secures his All-Turd Trophy

It's not like he killed anybody. Wrong place wrong time. I think the stupidest thing he did was run two stop signs with a bag of dope in the car. Your begging to get caught.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Not the brightest move on his part, but I've seen people pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign, when they came to a very near stop, and clearly looked for oncoming traffic before going forward. Also, he must have had a permit for the gun, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also, seat belts aren't a law in every state, and it's interesting in most of the states in which it is a law, that the same governing bodies think its okay for 40 kids to ride a schoolbus twice a day w/o seat belts. I listen my music loud sometimes, of course I don't have the system he probably does, so they were probably just trying to get him on everything they possibly could. So, the guy's basically a pothead. Which would explain some of his stupidity. I don't know if that warrants calling the guy a turd, a dumbass, yes, turd, I don't know?
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    It's not like he killed anybody. Wrong place wrong time. I think the stupidest thing he did was run two stop signs with a bag of dope in the car. Your begging to get caught.
    I know every time I'm driving around with a bag of weed in the car, I stop at every stop sign and use the cruise control.

Or - at least that's what I think I'm doing! :headbang:

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

DUMB BASS!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE