Thread: Suggs to Jets

Prophet Guest

Suggs to Jets

KFFL
    Jets | Lee acquired in trade with Browns
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:23:42 -0700

ESPNews reports the Cleveland Browns have traded RB Lee Suggs to the New York Jets in exchange for CB Derrick Strait.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Suggs to Jets

I didn't even know he was still in the league ....

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Good and underrated RB in Lee Suggs imo. Good pick up for both teams i guess since cleveland has alot of Backs anyway. Suggs has potential to take over for Martin in the future , could be very near future.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

In the future? I'd be surprised if Martin lasts til Week 6. Decent pickup for the Jets, I agree with Warp, Suggs is underrated. If they can keep him healthy he'll be a decent player for them.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jets | Suggs fails physical; trade voided
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:48:57 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini announced Tuesday, Aug. 15, that RB Lee Suggs failed his physical and that the trade with the Cleveland Browns has been voided.

Browns | Savage comments on Suggs
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:44:22 -0700

Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage released a statement Tuesday, Aug. 15, on the state of RB Lee Suggs, who returned to the team after failing his physical with the New York Jets. "The parameters of the trade between the Jets and the Browns were that each player had to pass a physical. Both players have had injuries during their careers and unfortunately it didn't work out. This spring Lee Suggs has participated in every mini-camp practice and all of our OTA's. He has also participated in every practice during training camp and played in our first preseason game at Philadelphia last week (Aug.10). Medical opinions can vary from team to team, and obviously this is one team's opinion. We anticipate Lee Suggs returning to the Browns and working hard in practice and preparing for the season to the best of his ability, just as he has shown throughout his career with the Browns."

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I wonder how many weeks it is going to take before they find mangini in his office clicking the heels of his ruby slippers hoping they take him back home to New England.

He has to have the worst job in the NFL right now, even over GB.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I wonder how many weeks it is going to take before they find mangini in his office clicking the heels of his ruby slippers hoping they take him back home to New England.

He has to have the worst job in the NFL right now, even over GB.
    And I'm loving every second of it.

It's probably split 50/50 Jets to Giants around here, except for me of course.

For the past few seasons, all the Jet fans have been so hyped up about Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington and their supposedly great team. I've tried countless times to let them know, they are not as great as they seem to think, but then they talk (also known as screaming and acting tough) and say how they'd whip the vikings asses the vikings anyday, and then usually I'd end up saying like, "I'll kick your ass anyday" and then they back off, cause I could.

But this year, they all know, they finally admit that THEY SUCK, they don't just suck, they are beyond awful, and I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching them go 1-15 if they're lucky enough to win 1.

Their 2004 season dealt them a schedule matched only in easiness, by that of the 05 Seahag schedule, but atleast the Hags went somewhere in the playoffs, and didn't get lucky on a rookie kicker missing a field goal on wild card weekend, only to have their own kicker blow it the next week(man did they rip Brien a new one, undeservedly btw). They came back in 05 with the same mentality that they were gonna go all the way, horseshit, I was shocked they won 4. And this year, they'll be lucky to win one at all. Pennington blows, Martin is done, Mawae is in Tennessee, Laveranues Coles is so over rated around here, Suggs isn't coming to town, D'Brickishaw Ferguson is useless if he has no one to protect, and their best player, Jonothan Vilma, has absolutely no support on the defensive side of the ball. The Jets are fucked, and their fans finally know it.

I must admit though, the Vikings have had their troubles with the Giants more than the Jets, but I respect the Giants fans, they are a hell of a lot classier than the Jets fans if we beat the Giants, it's either A, because they sucked, or B, we were just the better team. They hone up to their losses, however, the Jets fans, on the rare occasions that we play them, if we win "we got sooo lucky, that was total bullshit"- an actualy quote from my friend, or "it's only because you guys get preference by the refs."

Yes, he got punched after the ref comment, if there is one team in this league who the refs have been out to get the past few years it's been us, not to sound like an angry fan making excuses, but really, we've got some shit calls.