Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KRob18 is offline Rookie

Stuck with Koren

This is what happened to me when i was in the to me when me when mom dad and I went to the twin cities for 2 Twins and the Vikings and Raiders game in August.

Stuck with Koren
    BY CHARLEY WALTERS
    Pioneer Press
    SUNDAY SUPER SHOOTER WITH CHARLEY WALTERS

It appears that a 13-year-old Huron, S.D., boy who mowed lawns to save $55 to buy a Koren Robinson Vikings jersey from a Mall of America store, then wanted to exchange it for another player's jersey after the former Vikings wide receiver was arrested last month, is stuck with the jersey.

Jeff Duffy, the father of seventh-grader Jarren Duffy, said the Vikings Locker Room store at Mall of America told him Saturday that because the jersey had been worn (once to a Vikings game) and the sale tag removed, it would not exchange it for that of another player. Duffy has the sale receipt.

A Vikings Locker Room manager refused comment when contacted Saturday by the Pioneer Press. The manager said the store is not owned by the Vikings and is independent of the NFL team.

"I went to buy his (Robinson's) jersey because he used to be my favorite player," Jarren, a wide receiver at Huron Middle School, said Saturday.

Jarren and his father were in Minneapolis to attend two Twins games and the Vikings-Raiders game. Jarren bought the jersey Aug. 12; Robinson was arrested Aug. 15 and charged with drunken driving and fleeing police. That is when Jarren decided to try to exchange his No. 81 Robinson jersey.

"I wanted a player who doesn't get into trouble and stuff like that," he said.

What Jarren would like now, he said, probably is a jersey of fellow South Dakotan Chad Greenway, the Vikings' first-round draft pick who has been lost for his rookie season because of a knee injury.

The Vikings Locker Room's refusal to exchange the Robinson jersey has resulted in a handful of offers nationally and internationally from people wanting to buy Jarren another jersey.

But, his father said Saturday, "I told all the people who offered that I can't justify them spending their hard-earned money on us. Fifty-five dollars doesn't break our budget. We don't want our money back, just a different jersey."

So now Jeff and Jarren are considering covering Robinson's name on the back of the jersey with white adhesive tape and replacing the name with that of whomever wears No. 81 this season.

In the end the Vikings bought me a Greenway jersey,
    got me an onfeild pass befor the Panthers ans Vikings game, and front row seats for my dad and I (mom went shopping instead she doesnt watch the Vikes) right behind the s in vikings in the endzone. i'm posting this now because i forgot my password over the summer and remembered it alll the sudden this mourning.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stuck with Koren

So that was actually you, eh? Kinda sucks...

That's nice the Vikings organization did that for you though! Must have been cool to get on the field for a game. See, Zygi DOES care about us!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

In the end the Vikings bought me a Greenway jersey,
    got me an onfeild pass befor the Panthers ans Vikings game, and front row seats for my dad and I (mom went shopping instead she doesnt watch the Vikes) right behind the s in vikings in the endzone. i'm posting this now because i forgot my password over the summer and remembered it alll the sudden this mourning.
    Holy pooh! That was YOU!

Very cool for the Vikings Organization to step up and take care of you.
    I honestly can't fault the Vikings Locker Room because everybody and their neighbor was trying to offload their KoRo jerseys.
    If they made the exception for you, they would have had to do it for everybody.

But at the same time, your circumstance made a pretty good case.
    I think the end result was pretty good.
    Did you enjoy the game?
    It was one of the best inthe dome last year IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

In case anyone forgot this thread from earlier in the season...

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=26727.0
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

KRob18 is offline Rookie

The game was awesome even though a feild goal was the only scoring on our side of the field.
    We went through the players enterance to get into the game and we went in the same time as Smoot and McKinnie (He is HUGE).

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Now a move like like has been done by a classy organization just one of many steps to getting back a positive fan base.
    consider yourself very fortunate Duffy
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Sounds like I should have tried exchanging my KRob jersey!
    Instead it hangs in the back of my closet.
    I bought a TJack one thinking I was safe since he probably wouldn't play for a year or two anyways.
    If he completely sucks next year I'll be forced to buy yet another one!
    Should have went with something custom.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Funny.
    I do remember that Duffy15.
    I'm glad it worked out for you.
    Throwbacks are the only safe Jersey to buy.
    That's all I buy anymore.
    Maybe a Birk would be safe though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Nice story!
    Good to see it worked out for you.

Now, if only they would give me my money back for the Pinkston jersey.
    I guess there's no sympathy for an old man buying the jersey of a pathetic player with alligator arms.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KRob18 is offline Rookie

I didn't even know they made Pinkston jerseys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast