Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Stretch Drive: What NFC teams must do in the final month

Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

How far they have traveled: The Vikings' fortunes changed as soon as running back Adrian Peterson started getting more touches. Even after missing two games with a knee injury, he's proved to be the Vikings most dynamic player since Randy Moss left town three years ago. There are still questions at quarterback, but the Vikings have a nice combination -- strong run game and tough run defense -- to work with at this time of year.

What they have left in the tank: Minnesota quietly has become a dangerous team. The Vikings knocked off the Giants two weeks ago and they trounced the Lions on Sunday. If quarterback Tarvaris Jackson can be dependable -- he's completed 77.6 percent of his passes over the past three games -- they just might sneak into the postseason.

Road to the playoffs: They're good enough to reach 8-8, but it will take nine wins to snatch a wild-card spot.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3142820

Re: Stretch Drive: What NFC teams must do in the final month

To me they're good enough to reach 10-6. 8-8 like this guy said would be a pitiful ending to the season. I also don't think we have a lot of QB questions right now other than can TJ keep it up.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I just liked the way he managed to get the word "snatch" in there
    :P

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

He has shown that he can manage a game, you are right, he just needs to keep it up.
    I just don't want him to become an on and off mind job like Culpepper was.
    With him, with exception of one season, you never knew what QB was going to show up.
    I hope he becomes at least semi-consistant.
    I could do without going from having 300+ yards and 3tds on week to having 125 yards and 2-3ints and a pair of fumbles...like someone Vikings QB in the past who will remain nameless.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"funkyasflea" wrote:
    He has shown that he can manage a game, you are right, he just needs to keep it up.
    I just don't want him to become an on and off mind job like Culpepper was. With him, with exception of one season, you never knew what QB was going to show up.
    I could do without going from having 300+ yards and 3tds on week to having 125 yards and 2-3ints and a pair of fumbles...like someone Vikings QB in the past who will remain nameless.
    I don't think yo need to fear that at all. He is one of the hardest workers on the team as he keeps trying to improve himself. Stays after practice all the time. He will not become a head case. I worry more about him getting injured again.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    I just don't want him to become an on and off mind job like Culpepper was. With him, with exception of one season, you never knew what QB was going to show up.
    I don't think yo need to fear that at all. He is one of the hardest workers on the team as he keeps trying to improve himself. Stays after practice all the time. He will not become a head case. I worry more about him getting injured again.
    He's young and still relatively inexperienced. He hasn't run out of bad days!
    So I don't have a clue how we end up this year. It is certainly exciting to have his potential finally being realized to some extent.
    But next year has me very excited. Tarvaris will only continue to improve with experience. As Tarvaris goes. The Vikings shall go.
    And maybe that will start with this year.
    Very exciting time to be a Vikings fan again. Three weeks ago I would have never believed it!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    He's young and still relatively inexperienced. He hasn't run out of bad days!
    So I don't have a clue how we end up this year. It is certainly exciting to have his potential finally being realized to some extent.
    But next year has me very excited. Tarvaris will only continue to improve with experience. As Tarvaris goes. The Vikings shall go.
    And maybe that will start with this year.
    Very exciting time to be a Vikings fan again. Three weeks ago I would have never believed it!
    that is so true, i hope tjack keeps it up

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    I like TJ and I am more than pleased with his progress.
    I don't think he is one of the hardest workers on the team though.
    Remember last year when he was injured, the coaches had to prod him to get him working to get back on the field?
    I am not trying to knock him, I do think he works hard.
    But I think the likes of AD, EJ Henderson, Greenway, etc are better examples of the hardest workers on the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I just remember the quotes from Chidress about him working out during the entire "off" season at Winter Park and how at the College All Star game TJ was there picking Childress' brains on how to do this and that.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    I like TJ and I am more than pleased with his progress.
    I don't think he is one of the hardest workers on the team though.
    Remember last year when he was injured, the coaches had to prod him to get him working to get back on the field?
    I am not trying to knock him, I do think he works hard.
    But I think the likes of AD, EJ Henderson, Greenway, etc are better examples of the hardest workers on the team.
    I don't think he is one of the hardest workers on the team either.
    Also, one thing that kinda concerns me...when I see him talk.
    I don't know what it is, but when he talks during press conferences and such I just don't see passion for the game.
    When Favre, Manning, brady, etc talk to the press, or talk about football in general, I can see emotion and passion in their eyes.
    When he talks it seems like his mind is off somewhere else thinking about what he is going to have for dinner or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast