singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Strahan releases statement

[size=13pt]Giants: Strahan releases statement[/size]

9:41 PM EDT, August 5, 2007

To the New York Giants' Fans:

As many of you know, I am contemplating one of the biggest decisions of my football career, whether I should retire or continue playing....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Strahan releases statement

"singersp" wrote:

As many of you know, I am contemplating one of the biggest decisions of my football career, whether I should retire or continue playing....
    ah summer is in the air and I smell the scent of freshly laid BS...... what a jerk

I assume he used the same scriptwriter as Irvin did for his HOF speech .... :
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

He is really looking to make more money and make up for what his wife took from him on the divorce.
    JMHO!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

ah summer is in the air and I smell the scent of freshly laid BS...... what a jerk

I assume he used the same scriptwriter as Irvin did for his HOF speech .... :
    Did he have gator clips on his nipples to make himself cry?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Giants Encourage Eli Manning to Hold Out In Support Of Michael Strahan[/size]

Urging their young quarterback to show leadership by supporting longtime teammate Michael Strahan, Giants management, coaches and players told Eli Manning today that he should leave camp immediately and stay away from the team indefinitely – even as long as the entire 2007 season.

“Eli is still learning how to be a team leader in the NFL and the Michael Strahan holdout situation provides him a perfect opportunity to showcase his leadership to everyone in this organization,” said head coach Tom Coughlin. “It would show his teammates that he has their back. And the sooner we have Eli off the field, the better for all of us. Trust me on that.”

While Manning says he has no qualms about his contract, general manager Jerry Reese says a larger contract can be arranged for his quarterback.

“Trust me, if Eli agrees to put down the football, take off his jersey and hand in his playbook – you know, in support of Michael – I will give him a generous raise. We’ll make it incentives based. Stay out one-quarter of the season, get a 25-percent raise. Half gets you 50-percent. All the way up to 100-percent for the whole season. Our team really, really, really needs him to leave. To, uh, be inspired by his leadership and support, of course.”

Manning says he is considering the request, but feels ultimately his job is to be behind center.

“Golly, I sure don’t want to disappoint the fellas,” said Manning. “And if they say this is what’s best, then it probably is. I’ve always trusted people to tell me what’s best. Like when I was 11 I told my daddy that I hated football and wanted to be a ballet dancer instead. But he told me to stop being a queer and put on the pads. And although I still hate football, I’m still playing it because daddy said that’s what I should do. So maybe I will leave camp to support Mr. Strahan. At least that will stop them all from yelling at me and saying mean things and telling me I s-u-c-k and that they wish I would die. And maybe I could use the time away to practice my ballet.”

But while Coughlin says he hopes Manning holds out for the remainder of camp and the entire regular season, he admits the team desperately needs Michael Strahan to return.

“We need all the bodies on defense we can possibly get,” said Coughlin. “Look, with Tiki Barber gone, we’re going to have the pass the ball more. Do you hear what I said? Pass the ball more. With that flaming poop tart as our quarterback. We’re screwed. We might have possession of the ball for a grand total of 10 minutes for the entire season. So we’ll need as many people as possible on the defensive side of the ball to stay fresh.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain