Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: STEVE SMITH

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: STEVE SMITH

Covering Smith was never a challenge. Cover Smith AND stopping the run was, and it seems like most teams tried to stop the run rather than doubling him every play. Of course when you have Nick Going back there, Seattle never had a tough time stopping the run and was able to commit the players to coverage.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Panthers | S. Smith closing in on postseason records
    Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:43:30 -0800

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith is closing in on some NFL postseason records. With two receptions in the NFC Championship game against the Seattle Seahawks Smith will break the all-time NFL record for receptions in a postseason. The record is currently held by WR Anthony Carter, who caught 23 passes for the Minnesota Vikings in 1987. Smith also needs 108 yards receiving to top WR Jerry Rice's 17-year old record for receiving yards in the postseason (409) with the San Francisco 49ers.
    Even though Smith had a poor showing last night he now owns the post-season record for receptions...beating out our own Anthony Carter.

Jerry Rice's record is still holding tight for another year.
    Burn Steve, Burn!!!

AC was the man I guess.

Records are meant to be broken, legs aren't, oh well.
    The announcer said he asked the coach to be put in for the ball return.
    Maybe, but that was not what he was yelling about, he was pissed for most of the game because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him and that was why he was yelling.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

He is mad now? Wait till next season when every team doubles him every game. He will be having fits by week 2. As far as his celebrations, come on everyone celebrates, it is a part of the game. Look at Sharper, when he returns int's for td's he does his little dance, so are we gonna hate on the Sharp man, no f'n way.. Some go to the extreme, others are having a good time, doesn't mean I wouldn't want some of these guys on our team. I would take Moss back faster than a hicup, I would welcome Chad Johnson with open arms. I would however never embrace T-HO, he has issues, you never know if you are getting the guy that gives it his all, or the slacker, that plays like he is a 400lb WR. All speculation, we are not even close to knowing what will happen this Off-Season...

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

I would seriously open Steve Smith with open arms...that guy is incredible.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Damion is offline Waterboy

. I would take Moss back faster than a hicup, I would welcome Chad Johnson with open arms. I would however never embrace T-HO, he has issues, you never know if you are getting the guy that gives it his all, or the slacker, that plays like he is a 400lb WR. All speculation, we are not even close to knowing what will happen this Off-Season...[/quote]

Ahhh no offense VikesfaninWis but I wouldnt want another WR slacker known as Randy Moss back . Yes Owens has issues ans so does Randy. Mr. "I play when I want to play." He took countless plays off during the course of a game when he was with the Vikes and he was still doing it in Chokeland. Just like Owens he doesnt give a flying fornication about his team or the city he plays in. Just ask that metter maid. He slaps us all as fans in the face with his stupid side show. He gets fined and he says aint no big deal to me, its just $10,0000 I got that in my pocket right now, its only money. SO long Randy and all who shame the game like him.

Prophet Guest

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    I would seriously open Steve Smith with open arms...that guy is incredible.
    :shock:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678