Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Steve McNair Shot To Death In Double Murder Or Murder-Suicide

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    No matter what his personal relationships where like, with his wife or the girlfriend, he was a hell of a QB and one of a large handfull I truly enjoyed watching play the game, who never wore the Purple and Gold of the Vikings.

I know it's getting old lately but,

May he RIP !

Here's a thought,
    I wonder if he might still ever get to be a HOF'er?

He's on the fence with that one if you ask me...

I was wondering that myself.
    His stats don't really warrant it, and he never won a superbowl.
    However, he was one of the first black superstar QB's, opened a door for all young black QB's.
    Normally they wouldn't be given much of a chance before.
    That, and the fact that he was murdered (keeping him fresh in everyone's mind) are two reasons why I could see it possibly happening.
    I won't be surprised if he gets left out, but I'd like to see him in.
    I'm not sure if he warrants that as there were others a head of him, he did replace Warren Moon with the Oilers, Doug Williams time in Tampa Bay 78, Joe Gilliam with the Steelers was in the drafted in 72, James Harris with the Bills/Rams & Charger 69-81, Marlin Brisco Broncos 68 and then he became a receiver

Prayers to Steve's family, his wife and sons

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    No matter what his personal relationships where like, with his wife or the girlfriend, he was a hell of a QB and one of a large handfull I truly enjoyed watching play the game, who never wore the Purple and Gold of the Vikings.

I know it's getting old lately but,

May he RIP !

Here's a thought,
    I wonder if he might still ever get to be a HOF'er?

He's on the fence with that one if you ask me...

I was wondering that myself.
    His stats don't really warrant it, and he never won a superbowl.
    However, he was one of the first black superstar QB's, opened a door for all young black QB's.
    Normally they wouldn't be given much of a chance before.
    That, and the fact that he was murdered (keeping him fresh in everyone's mind) are two reasons why I could see it possibly happening.
    I won't be surprised if he gets left out, but I'd like to see him in.
    I'm not sure if he warrants that as there were others a head of him, he did replace Warren Moon with the Oilers, Doug Williams time in Tampa Bay 78, Joe Gilliam with the Steelers was in the drafted in 72, James Harris with the Bills/Rams & Charger 69-81, Marlin Brisco Broncos 68 and then he became a receiver

Prayers to Steve's family, his wife and sons
    True.
    I somehow forgot about Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham.
    I know he wasn't the first black QB, but one of the first that shined the spotlight on black QB's.
    One of the first black QB's who stood out as a legitimate superstar and one of the most demanding positions in all of sports, not just some kid who had great athletic ability.
    If making a list of 5 players, and you have to go back to the 70's, makes me think that list isn't very big back then.

I don't think he'll make the HOF like I said before, but it wouldn't surprise me (not like they have any common sense in who they pick anyway)

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Open and shut case. Imagine how his wife must feel. Truly sad.
    My current girl ran in these football circles and she can contest that some of these "side pieces of ass" don't get it or play their role. If you are dating a married man, he is not your man. I'm just shocked!
    Not playing their role?

How about McNair should have been playing "his role", as husband & father?
    i agree with you singer but not all the way.. yes by a man/woman to cheat on their partner is completly wrong, but it could be more to that. until the story comes out our opinions dont have no value. maybe they were already on the verge of divorce? maybe the mcnairs werent together but just didnt want to get a divorce for financial reasons. who knows? and it is extremly sad for mcnairs 4 kids.

it sucks the world lost a steve mcnair. he wasnt like the other pieces of trash in the nfl. like the whizzinator, or pacman who cant stay out of trouble, or matt jones snortin coke in the backseat of the car or brandon marshall poundin his chicks face in, or najeh davenport taking a crap on the living room floor in his girls house, or cecil collins being a peeping tom, etc. the most this guy had was a dui. but it was nothing as severe as the other members of the nfl have done.
    That could be, although that would kill SharperImage's theory. If they were already on the verge of divorce, then McNair probably wouldn't care less if his wife knew about the other woman.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of it being the jealous wife who committed the crime & left the gun by the woman's side to make it look like a murder-suicide.

Time will tell.

Tragic no matter how you look at it.
    Wasn't he wife a long ways away and no signs of forced entry?

JPPT1974 is offline Starter

RIP Steve, praying for you and your loved ones during this horrofic time! :'(
    NFL 2013 is Here!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

singersp, i agree w/ you: mcnair (regardless of how sad it is what happened) should not have been committing adultery! period! and one of my theories about the killings was that just MAYBE his wife did it (or had somebody do it), and set it up to make the "jump off" look like she did it, by leaving the gun by her side. ouch.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

"Garland" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Preliminary Autopsy Results Inconclusive As To Kazemi[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009 3:30 PM
    As expected, an autopsy confirmed that former NFL quarterback Steve McNair died as a result of a homicide.

The question of whether he was killed by his 20-year-old girlfriend or someone else is still unresolved.

The death of Sahel Kazemi remains unclassified, Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday.
    She died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

That said, there reportedly was no sign of forced entry at the apartment where McNair and Kazemi were found.

McNair was shot four times; twice in the chest and twice in the head.

On Saturday night, NashvillePost.com reported that a woman recently accused McNair of giving her a "roofie" a year ago, and that the woman's boyfriend would kill McNair in retaliation.
    Well, there you have it! There's a greater chance that this was in fact an inside job...and by the 20-year-old jump-off.

What's a "roofie"?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Preliminary Autopsy Results Inconclusive As To Kazemi[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009 3:30 PM
    As expected, an autopsy confirmed that former NFL quarterback Steve McNair died as a result of a homicide.

The question of whether he was killed by his 20-year-old girlfriend or someone else is still unresolved.

The death of Sahel Kazemi remains unclassified, Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday.
    She died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

That said, there reportedly was no sign of forced entry at the apartment where McNair and Kazemi were found.

McNair was shot four times; twice in the chest and twice in the head.

On Saturday night, NashvillePost.com reported that a woman recently accused McNair of giving her a "roofie" a year ago, and that the woman's boyfriend would kill McNair in retaliation.
    Well, there you have it! There's a greater chance that this was in fact an inside job...and by the 20-year-old jump-off.

What's a "roofie"?

Come over and I will show you.
    :P

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"bono" wrote:
    singersp, i agree w/ you: mcnair (regardless of how sad it is what happened) should not have been committing adultery! period! and one of my theories about the killings was that just MAYBE his wife did it (or had somebody do it), and set it up to make the "jump off" look like she did it, by leaving the gun by her side. ouch.
    Not everyone who separates from a spouse gets a divorce. My Uncle is finally going to marry my Aunt after 25 years, do you know why they waited so long? Because he wasn't divorced from his first wife, from over 30 years ago.

All a divorce does is cost money, and allows you to marry again, most people who separate are in no hurry to finalize a divorce.

But if you want to be a complete dick and assume a person that was just gunned down is a POS, by all means go ahead.
    If you need more ammo a roofie is what's used in date rape.

Marcs,
    I'm SHOCKED!
    :-*

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

LOL mars, does raping trannys not count as cheating? It's not really sex, and it's not really with a person...

I think you've found a loophole.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast