Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Steve McNair Shot To Death In Double Murder Or Murder-Suicide

I used to think McNair was a class act, very little to hear about off the field and on he was always the leader of that offense. In the end.....just another pro jerk with alot of dough. Wonderful legacy you have left for your children

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    I used to think McNair was a class act, very little to hear about off the field and on he was always the leader of that offense. In the end.....just another pro jerk with alot of dough. Wonderful legacy you have left for your children
    If he had a condo and an SUV with this girl it might not be a stretch to assume he wasn't with his wife. I know lots of people that are legally married, but have been separated for years. I just think it's unfair to call someone who was just shot dead a jerk, especially when we have no idea what actually happened.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    If he had a Condo and an Suv with this girl it might not be a stretch to assume he wasn't with his wife. I know lots of people that are legally married, but have been separated for years. I just think it's unfair to call someone who was just shot dead a jerk, especially when we have no idea what actually happened.
    I agree... hopefully it wont make steve look bad. hes always been a good guy.. but then again, that is his personal life. we do have a 50%+ divorce rate in the US so it doesnt surprise me that he might of been with another chick. it sucks.. but you cant judge him as an a-hole for the rest of his life just cuz things didnt work out with him and his wife, or cuz he stepped out on his wife.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    If he had a Condo and an Suv with this girl it might not be a stretch to assume he wasn't with his wife. I know lots of people that are legally married, but have been separated for years. I just think it's unfair to call someone who was just shot dead a jerk, especially when we have no idea what actually happened.
    I agree... hopefully it wont make steve look bad. hes always been a good guy.. but then again, that is his personal life. we do have a 50%+ divorce rate in the US so it doesnt surprise me that he might of been with another chick. it sucks.. but you cant judge him as an a-hole for the rest of his life just cuz things didnt work out with him and his wife, or cuz he stepped out on his wife.
    unfortunately, people will make him out to be an asshole.
    he will look bad from this, even though nobody knows what was happening and nobody has a right to judge.
    People will take whatever small meaningless facts they can find, and run with it, as seen here.
    Like jessiejames said, if they had a SUV and condo together, it was probably a little more than just a small love affair.
    Like I said, I can't say for sure, I don't know the facts.
    I hate to see such a great man's reputation be tarnished by something like this.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    If he had a condo and an SUV with this girl it might not be a stretch to assume he wasn't with his wife. I know lots of people that are legally married, but have been separated for years. I just think it's unfair to call someone who was just shot dead a jerk, especially when we have no idea what actually happened.
    This will be my second retraction of the day. You are absolutly right and I stand corrected. I judged WAY too quickly. sorry

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

No matter what his personal relationships where like, with his wife or the girlfriend, he was a hell of a QB and one of a large handfull I truly enjoyed watching play the game, who never wore the Purple and Gold of the Vikings.

I know it's getting old lately but,
    May he RIP !

Here's a thought,
    I wonder if he might still ever get to be a HOF'er?
    He's on the fence with that one if you ask me...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    No matter what his personal relationships where like, with his wife or the girlfriend, he was a hell of a QB and one of a large handfull I truly enjoyed watching play the game, who never wore the Purple and Gold of the Vikings.

May he RIP !

Here's a thought,

I don't think he's a hall of famer.

No rings, only played 5 complete seasons, and his numbers aren't good enough for the era he played in. Compare what he did to other guys that played between 1995 and 2007. He was a great leader and competitor, an excellent player, but not hall of fame worthy.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:

May he RIP !

Here's a thought,

I was wondering that myself.
    His stats don't really warrant it, and he never won a superbowl.
    However, he was one of the first black superstar QB's, opened a door for all young black QB's.
    Normally they wouldn't be given much of a chance before.
    That, and the fact that he was murdered (keeping him fresh in everyone's mind) are two reasons why I could see it possibly happening.
    I won't be surprised if he gets left out, but I'd like to see him in.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Preliminary Autopsy Results Inconclusive As To Kazemi[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009 3:30 PM
    As expected, an autopsy confirmed that former NFL quarterback Steve McNair died as a result of a homicide.

The question of whether he was killed by his 20-year-old girlfriend or someone else is still unresolved.

The death of Sahel Kazemi remains unclassified, Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday.
    She died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

That said, there reportedly was no sign of forced entry at the apartment where McNair and Kazemi were found.

McNair was shot four times; twice in the chest and twice in the head.

On Saturday night, NashvillePost.com reported that a woman recently accused McNair of giving her a "roofie" a year ago, and that the woman's boyfriend would kill McNair in retaliation.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Report: Kazemi's Family Thinks A Third Person Was Involved[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009

The family of the woman who was found dead with former NFL quarterback Steve McNair has spoken out regarding the situation.

And despite the implicit message from police that 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi shot McNair repeatedly before shooting herself once, Kazemi's niece says that the girl was not capable of such actions.

"She was one, young girl who had so many dreams that they never came true," said Sepidah Salmani, according to Kate Howard of the Tennessean.
    "She would never kill anyone, ever. Or anything.
    Not even a little bug.
    I want people to know that."

Salmani, who was raised as Kazemi's sister, also said that McNair had told Kazemi that he soon would be divorcing his wife.

"That's why she was like, 'OK, now you're divorcing.
    We can date,'" Salmani said.
    "He told her, it was going to be finished, the whole divorce was going to be done, two weeks from yesterday. . . .

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast