Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Steve McNair Shot To Death In Double Murder Or Murder-Suicide

Alas, another athlete I enjoyed watching on the field has failed to meet my expectations (vision) of what his personnel life really was off the field.

Who I feel for the most are those boys that now don't have a father who will be there for those moments that mark thier way toward man hood.
    Never there to give advice when asked (or not) or praise for achieving something in thier life.

Anyway, R.I.P Steve. :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Don't be so quick to make McNair a hero[/size]

by Jason Whitlock
    Updated: July 7, 2009, 11:46 AM EDT

We can quit calling Steve McNair a great leader now. Leadership starts at home.

And I'm no longer all that interested in hearing about the community service work McNair did in Tennessee and Mississippi. Service to community begins at home, too.

If you read this column regularly, you know I'm not the morality police, you know I'm far from bothered by McNair's May-December romance and you probably should've surmised I get my "Becky on" from time to time.

Stop reading now if your preference is sugar-coated, politically-correct, phony-jiggly butt pontificating. You can find plenty of that garbage littering the Internet.
    While I agree that parenting is very important, I don't think we can assume McNair was a poor father. And to say the only victims were the kids is also ridiculous, McNair was murdered, that makes him a victim too. What a dumb ass.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    A player should get into the HOF because of what he did on the football field, not because of something that happened to him off of it.
    Exactly. That is the problem. He actually has a better chance of getting in because of this.
    We're bringing purple back.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    A player should get into the HOF because of what he did on the football field, not because of something that happened to him off of it.
    Exactly. That is the problem. He actually has a better chance of getting in because of this.
    As JmC mentioned earlier - if it comes down to two equally qualified players, which isn't all that uncommon, it might as well go to the guy who was tragically killed at a younger age.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's always been a bit of a popularity contest. Chris Carter didn't get in the first time around, that was when I really stopped believing in the HOF.
    McNair does have better career numbers than Troy Aikman, more TD passes, fewer interceptions, way more rushing yards and rushing TD. Of course he doesn't have the superbowl rings, but he didn't have other hall of fame players around him.
    If I were starting a team I would take McNair over Aikman.
    Not saying McNair deserves the hall of fame, but he's in the conversation.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/troyaikman/careerstats?id=AIK553722

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevemcnair/careerstats?id=MCN033803

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's always been a bit of a popularity contest. Chris Carter didn't get in the first time around, that was when I really stopped believing in the HOF.
    McNair does have better career numbers than Troy Aikman, more TD passes, fewer interceptions, way more rushing yards and rushing TD. Of course he doesn't have the superbowl rings, but he didn't have other hall of fame players around him.

who?

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

who?
    goddamnit, leave me alone. I can't help it if his parents didn't know how to spell Chris.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    As JmC mentioned earlier - if it comes down to two equally qualified players, which isn't all that uncommon, it might as well go to the guy who was tragically killed at a younger age.
    You mean the guy who was killed by his mistress while fucking around on his wife and shitting on his 4 kids?

That guy?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You mean the guy who was killed by his mistress while fricken around on his wife and poohing on his 4 kids?

That guy?

=Z=
    Poohing on his 4 kids? Come on you don't know the guy or his family. Just because you read something on TMZ doesn't give you the right to pass judgment.
    And I bet his wife and 4 kids would love to accept the Hall of Fame plaque in his honor someday.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    That probably will not happen in this case though.

Think of all the guys who played in the same era as him, with better numbers, and some with rings.

Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, and Donovan McNabb all have(or will have) better numbers, and some have rings.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast