Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Steve McNair

What's going on with Steve McNair right now? is going to be back with Ten next year? if he's going to retire, he would be a great mentor/consultant/ maybe even QB coach for Daunte. Think about it, he is by far the most knowlegable in the mobile QB who lost some of his mobility dept. even if he isn't in a formal position, i would hope daunte seeks him out and asks him for some help. any thoughts?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Steve McNair

I want Jeff Fisher to get fired so that we can hire him...and then he can convince McNair to sign with us for one year while Daunte fully recovers. Then McNair could lead our team to the Super Bowl and also get the ring that he deserves as well.

I have always liked McNair...but I hate the Titans because they left Houston...I especially hate Bud "The A$$HOLE" Adams, their owner!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I do not think McNair would want to be a mentor or a backup at this point in his career. A lot of teams would take him for a starter.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i think mcnair may play another yet. he was hurt alot this year and he is still good he just mabye wants one more shot.
    We're bringing purple back.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

He's probably gonna remain with the Titans, I've always respected the guy, a true warrior. I was hoping to see them knock off the Rams in that Super Bowl 'cause I started getting tired of the Rams.. maybe it had something to do with Warner's wife.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

idk he does get hurt a lot now. but he would be the perfect mentor for daunte now.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Do you really think Daunte will take on a mentor? If so, what is wrong with Brad? I doubt he will stoop so low off his mighty throne to take advice. I'm sure Duante is humble as far as NFL player go, but he has needed advice for a long time and why hasn't a coach or someone stepped up? For the same reason they never benched him this year? Afraid they will hurt his feelings?

I understand you must be careful benching a star QB, but the way his season was going this year, I don't think it would have hurt to sit him for a game or two, put the head set on him and make him watch and talk to Brad. Sometimes that gives a player a spark in their shorts. Seems to have worked for Boller.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    Do you really think Daunte will take on a mentor? If so, what is wrong with Brad? I doubt he will stoop so low off his mighty throne to take advice. I'm sure Duante is humble as far as NFL player go, but he has needed advice for a long time and why hasn't a coach or someone stepped up? For the same reason they never benched him this year? Afraid they will hurt his feelings?

I understand you must be careful benching a star QB, but the way his season was going this year, I don't think it would have hurt to sit him for a game or two, put the head set on him and make him watch and talk to Brad. Sometimes that gives a player a spark in their shorts. Seems to have worked for Boller.
    yeah what would be wrong w/ brad?!?

Go vikes!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

In the tragic event that the rumor comes true, and Daunte does go to Miami to be under Linehan, I would probably want McNair, keeping BJohnson as a backup, over any other potential QB options. Hopefully, though, we keep Culpepper.

However, if we get offered RWilliams and a 1st round draft pick, plus maybe O-line help (that might be asking a lot), I could see us giving him up. Sadly enough. Miami, may be after a speed option to complement Ronnie Brown, someone like Michael Bennett.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

I hope they do not give up on Daunte. In spite of the turmoil and his crappy play the beginning of this year, with his running ability and given enough time, his passing ability, he is one of the best. I hope this year was just a negative aberration.

I agree we definitely need O-line help and should keep strengthening the defense. Then the rest should take care of itself. I wish they'd practice the 2 minute drill more to get Daunte and the offense into making quicker plays. It seems the teams that beat our defense the most this year applied alot of pressure and we just were not maing quick reads. Conversely the offenses (Baltimore, etc) that beat us seemed to be making such quick decisions, that it was very difficult to stop them.

Daunte's style is to sit back...take his time...look for options...and if there are none, then run. Defenses are figuring out that without time, he'll make stupid decisions, so they blitzed a lot more. He needs more training on making fast decisions.
    Packers Suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast