Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    adamv is offline Rookie

Re: Steroid Watch List

what was your point? that its okay to offer complete and utter garbage as long as you preface it as opinion. My point was "at least" they offered that but its still garbage--disclaimer or not.
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"adamv" wrote:
    what was your point? that its okay to offer complete and utter garbage as long as you preface it as opinion. My point was "at least" they offered that but its still garbage--disclaimer or not.
    No, my point is it's all BS. you stated "what you're missing from the article

5- Definitely on the Juice"
    , as if if to say Koren is definitely on the juice, despite the disclaimer.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

adamv is offline Rookie

I've never missed it...i was questioning how he even made the list in the first place which i have to assume comes from having a violation of the substance abuse policy. there's never been any other trouble that i'm aware of and quick google doesn't provide any details i wasn't aware of. i'm thinking they assumed the substance abuse volation was roid related; therefore this is a witchhunt and shoddy journalism whose opinion shouldn't even be published.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Never said it was true, just thought it was interesting so I posted it.
    Retired 12/21/08

adamv is offline Rookie

my rant is mainly about wideworldofsports not the posting of the link...

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    What you guys are failing to read is the 1st paragraph;

"This page was put together in an effort to identify those players in the major sports that might be on the juice. Although we have no proof that any of these athletes are actually on steroids (disclaimer), we rank them on a scale of 1-5 as to our opinion of the likelihood these guys are on the juice. Please feel free to send your comments, complaints, or additions:"
    I hear your point and I did read the disclaimer, but I still don't see the point of having a list like that where half the players are retired or have passed away...just seems like it leads to nothing..except for this thread.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"adamv" wrote:
    I've never missed it...i was questioning how he even made the list in the first place which i have to assume comes from having a violation of the substance abuse policy. there's never been any other trouble that i'm aware of and quick google doesn't provide any details i wasn't aware of. i'm thinking they assumed the substance abuse volation was roid related; therefore this is a witchhunt and shoddy journalism whose opinion shouldn't even be published.
    OK, now I see where your coming from. You agree with me. That first post was easily misinterpereted.

The problem is when the media posts BS like this, there is a lot of people who suck it up like a Hoover & believe it as fact.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    NFL | Effectiveness of steroid testing policy questioned
    Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:14:47 -0800

Charles Chandler, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Dr. Gary Wadler, one of the world's foremost steroids experts, told the Charlotte Observer that medical records from the federal case against Dr. James Shortt showed five of six current or former Carolina Panthers used the steroids obtained from Shortt. Wadler said that while Shortt assured the players they would not test positive, Shortt did not take the proper steps to fulfill that promise. Shortt tested the players' testosterone levels through their saliva instead of more sophisticated urine tests used by the NFL. Shortt also did nothing to monitor whether the players were within specific testosterone -related ratios allowed by the NFL. Wadler said, "I don't know how he gave anybody any assurance they wouldn't step on the tripwire when he never checked (the ratio). That raises questions about the NFL's testing because you'd think you would have positive tests." The Panthers said none of their players who were patients of Shortt tested positive for steroids.

adamv is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "adamv" wrote:
    OK, now I see where your coming from. You agree with me. That first post was easily misinterpereted.

The problem is when the media posts BS like this, there is a lot of people who suck it up like a Hoover & believe it as fact.
    okay well looking back at my post i can see where you would get the wrong impression...the "news to me" part was actually a sarcastic pun-intented form of psuedo uber-dry humor which i soon intend to patent.

as to the gullibilty of the ave reader i completely agree. most people take an author's writing as fact, but i assure you i am most stringent in what i choose to accept as fact.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Where can I get this "steroid watch"? And what does it do...keep double time??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast