tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:Steelers are accepting offers for Roethlisberger

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What I find kindof interesting in all of this is the shift teams seem to be willing to accept as they toe the line with respect to the "New" environment that the commish is enforcing under the Owners mandate.

Think about how hard it is to find a QB who can lead a team, and yet, the Steelers are willing to get rid of the one they have because of personnel conduct.

For those of us who have been following the game for along time, we can probably think of a few characters that are now HOF'rs who wouldn't even be allowed to play in the league right now because of issues like this.

On a side note, wasn't it Mike and MIke who said that the Rams were offering up the first for him? Probably the only scenario, other than the Bills at 9, that would make sense, at least to me as that would allow the Steelers to land Bradford or possibly Clausen.
    He's been accused of rape multiple times and could possible even be investigated again.

Can you please name another player that stayed with his team after two rape accusations?

Even if you're right and teams used to keep players like this... maybe this is signaling that the league actually has compassion.
    I didn't condone what he did or say other players did something like that. I said I can think of a few players who wouldn't be allowed to play in this league.

By the way, I am one of a select few on here who like what the owners and the commish are doing to clean up/push out the riff raff like Big Ben.
    Gotcha, misread your post.

I agree though... I'm happy to see the Steelers wanting to dump him despite two rings.
    No worries my friend. Won't hear this out of me to many times, however, I wouldn't trade the Noodle for ole Big Ben and you know how much I dispise that cat.

Anyone who disrespects women that way are pretty much the lowest of low.
    1: I don't want Ben either - I suspect he's going to find himself in jail in the not-too-distant future...

2: But I don't see the Owners doing anything they haven't done before. Chmura got off loaded on the allegation of rape - even though he was acquitted. THAT was a moral stance - and it was before Goodell (And, sadly, it was by the Packers)

But Pittsburgh is asking for a replacement BEFORE they'll drop him. If they were sinerely taking the moral high road, they'd just cut his ass...and if the rest of the NFL was serious about cleaning up their act, no one woul touch him.

But we all know that THAT won't happen. Pittsburgh isn't really tryin to be noble, they're trying to put a good PR spin on KEEPING Roethlisberger ("Well, we TRIED to get rid of him", they'll say later).

And the rest of the NFL is so morally bankrupt that he'd have 10 offers on the table two minutes after he wa released if Pittsburgh was serious.

Nah...the NFL likes to PRETEND that it's all about high standards, but it isn't. It's about high DOLLARS. And you can gauge how good a player is by how badly he can embarrass the NFL before Goodell suspends him...

Big Ben will be a Steeler this season...

Caine
    I find posts like these & others troubling. I have not heard one iota of proof that he did that to either women. Botth cases had a grand jury hear the testimony and not file charges!! I beleive in the USA you are INNOCENT until proven guilty. Now if you show me he has done these things then I would totally agree with this assessment. But as it stands I am not so sure he has done those things, not beyond a reasonable doubt. You have to remember that when you are a high porfile celebrity some people will take a shot at you for monetary gain, even if you have to go to jail. Now if he did those things, yeah, ban him for life.

And I would like to take a poll on how many of you that want to hang Big Ben also were happy that the Williams wall never got suspended. If you are that person then you are a hypocrite.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What I find kindof interesting in all of this is the shift teams seem to be willing to accept as they toe the line with respect to the "New" environment that the commish is enforcing under the Owners mandate.

Think about how hard it is to find a QB who can lead a team, and yet, the Steelers are willing to get rid of the one they have because of personnel conduct.

For those of us who have been following the game for along time, we can probably think of a few characters that are now HOF'rs who wouldn't even be allowed to play in the league right now because of issues like this.

On a side note, wasn't it Mike and MIke who said that the Rams were offering up the first for him? Probably the only scenario, other than the Bills at 9, that would make sense, at least to me as that would allow the Steelers to land Bradford or possibly Clausen.
    He's been accused of rape multiple times and could possible even be investigated again.

Can you please name another player that stayed with his team after two rape accusations?

Even if you're right and teams used to keep players like this... maybe this is signaling that the league actually has compassion.
    I didn't condone what he did or say other players did something like that. I said I can think of a few players who wouldn't be allowed to play in this league.

By the way, I am one of a select few on here who like what the owners and the commish are doing to clean up/push out the riff raff like Big Ben.

I agree though... I'm happy to see the Steelers wanting to dump him despite two rings.
    No worries my friend. Won't hear this out of me to many times, however, I wouldn't trade the Noodle for ole Big Ben and you know how much I dispise that cat.

1: I don't want Ben either - I suspect he's going to find himself in jail in the not-too-distant future...

2: But I don't see the Owners doing anything they haven't done before. Chmura got off loaded on the allegation of rape - even though he was acquitted. THAT was a moral stance - and it was before Goodell (And, sadly, it was by the Packers)

But Pittsburgh is asking for a replacement BEFORE they'll drop him. If they were sinerely taking the moral high road, they'd just cut his ass...and if the rest of the NFL was serious about cleaning up their act, no one woul touch him.

But we all know that THAT won't happen. Pittsburgh isn't really tryin to be noble, they're trying to put a good PR spin on KEEPING Roethlisberger ("Well, we TRIED to get rid of him", they'll say later).

And the rest of the NFL is so morally bankrupt that he'd have 10 offers on the table two minutes after he wa released if Pittsburgh was serious.

Nah...the NFL likes to PRETEND that it's all about high standards, but it isn't. It's about high DOLLARS. And you can gauge how good a player is by how badly he can embarrass the NFL before Goodell suspends him...

Caine
    I find posts like these & others troubling. I have not heard one iota of proof that he did that to either women. Botth cases had a grand jury hear the testimony and not file charges!! I beleive in the USA you are INNOCENT until proven guilty. Now if you show me he has done these things then I would totally agree with this assessment. But as it stands I am not so sure he has done those things, not beyond a reasonable doubt. You have to remember that when you are a high porfile celebrity some people will take a shot at you for monetary gain, even if you have to go to jail. Now if he did those things, yeah, ban him for life.

And I would like to take a poll on how many of you that want to hang Big Ben also were happy that the Williams wall never got suspended. If you are that person then you are a hypocrite.
    He forced unprotected sex while the woman said no... the documents are public, you can read for yourself. All 500+.

Just because they didn't press charges doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plus, he's still facing Civil charges from that woman in Nevada.

http://deadspin.com/5518136/the-roethlisberger-documents-his-penis-was-already-out-of-his-pants?skyline=true&s=i

The guy is a rapist and should be behind bars.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Where do you go to read this ?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Everywhere...

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Botth cases had a grand jury hear the testimony and not file charges!! I beleive in the USA you are INNOCENT until proven guilty.
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, neither case was heard before a grand jury.

Flidais is offline Rookie

Re:Steelers are accepting offers for Roethlisberg

tarkenton10 wrote:
    The Smoking Gun is a site that uses the Freedom of Information Act to get documents from official sources. In this case, this is the research the district attorney in Georgia compiled.

After all the bitching we hear about McKinnie, some of you want to trade for this piece of shit? Say what you want about McKinnie (I usually do), but for all his character flaws, they don't add up to rape.

In the building where I work (Washington DC), we've got a strong contingency of Steeler fans. I have yet to meet one that isn't throughly disgusted and who wouldn't want him gone.

I'm glad we don't have the price to pay for him because I feel the same way. Maybe it's because I'm a proud Vikings fan and don't know what winning a Super Bowl feels like, but...

If the cost of a Super Bowl is a piece of shit like this, I'm more than delighted to keep losing.

tarkenton10 wrote:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html

Scroll to the bottom

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Everywhere...

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Botth cases had a grand jury hear the testimony and not file charges!! I beleive in the USA you are INNOCENT until proven guilty.
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, neither case was heard before a grand jury.
    You could be right I have not followed this like others. I must read up on this more!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Caine

First I want to say I am tormn on the Ben issue. I agree with your tance that you are innocent until proven guilty. As of right now Ben is innocent. But his pattern is a concern for me.

Comparing the WIlliams to Ben is a bit out of touch imo. This guy is accused of raping one or more people. The Williams took a supplement that may mask steriods without knowledge of it. I don't think the accused crimes are congruent enough to compare.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

CSI Effect people, Midgensa and I had a good conversation about this in the yell the other day. I stated that I believe that 15 years ago he would go to trial and to prison.

Today, juries expect DNA evidence, and prosecutors find it almost pointless not to pursue charges unless they have a forensic profile. In this case, they did not have large enough of a sample to generate a full profile.

I stated that I believed that Roethlisberger should have given his DNA if he was truly innocent, to remove his name as a suspect, and help potentially catch the real rapist. To which Midgensa replied no lawyer would advise his client to give their DNA, and he's right about that. However, I believe in these circumstances, as a public figure, if he really didn't do it, he should have given a sample of his DNA.

Even without a full forensic DNA profile, they can exclude him as a suspect if his profile doesn't match at even one of 13 STR locations.

Ex:
    The Rapist: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Roethlisberger: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 12

One location means it's not him.

So even if they were only able to get 5 points of a profile, if one doesn't match, it's 100% not him. However, if all 5 did match, it would not be admissible in court.

I think all of the witness reports and evidence point to the fact that Roethlisberger raped this girl, but lack of a full forensic profile is preventing it from reaching court.

The DA said the girl had bruising and a laceration on and around her genital area and they found male DNA(not enough for a full profile.)

Roethlisberger admits to contact with the girl, all of the witness reports confirm they were in the bathroom together.

She claims he raped her.

He says they were fooling around, and "she slipped."

Did she fall directly on her naked vagina into a puddle of male genetic material?

Right now I'm at a 1% chance Roethlisberger didn't rape this girl.

I think her lawyers advised her to no longer pursue it criminally because of the lack of DNA evidence. He knew the DA wouldn't take the case, so instead of having the girl push harder for criminal charges and making the futile process take longer. Instead they'll sue him in civil court, which will also most likely not reach the court system... it will result in a multi-million dollar settlement.

He should go to prison, but he's just gonna lose a ton of money. Just like OJ... hopefully he does something else stupid down the road like OJ did and ends up in prison anyway.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html

Scroll to the bottom
    All this really talks about are the alligations against Ben. The fact there wasn't enough DNA for a match doesn't bode to well for a person (the female) claiming to be raped.

If Ben did anything wrong shame on him and yes he should be jailed or imprisoned if that were the case. However, as of right now there is unsubstatiated allegations (unless I missed something) against Ben.

However, I will say that Ben needs to quit putting himself in these situations. Just being in a back room by himself with someone is pretty stupid when you have already been alleged to have raped someone. Not too bright of a move.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast